We were travelling home from Phoenix to Tacoma, WA. We had hoped to make it to Medford, OR this night but due to traffic issues in CA were delayed and stopped at this hotel. It is a very nice property. We had a nice room with a view of Mt. Shasta. The room was large and bed was very comfortable. We were quoted a price of $129 plus tax but when we said no, the clerk came up with a "manager's special" of $109. We made our way to the restaurant/lounge for dinner. The menu was ok but kind of pricey. The bartender was very friendly. We slept well and prepared to leave in the morning after enjoying their hot buffet breakfast, which is included with the room. I noted there was no bacon or potatoes left. The hostess went to the kitchen to have the cook bring some and out comes this man practically throwing the pans on to the hot plates. He then went storming in to the kitchen and we could hear (and see) a very heated argument going on between what appeared to be 2 cooks. I thought they were going to come to blows. I went to the desk to complain but there was no manager on duty. The clerk went in to the kitchen to tell them to quiet down and close the door. They closed the door but continued to argue loudly. It made us very uncomfortable. We hurredly finished our meal and left. As for the bacon - what was brought out was cold slices of ham. I might stay there again but will have to think about it because there should always be a manage on duty and perhaps this situation wouldn't have elevated to such a level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tree House is nestled at the gateway to Mt. Shasta, welcoming guests to this spectacular mountain resort area, which is surrounded by natural beauty, plenty of recreational activities and a stunning view of Mt. Shasta. The 14,161 foot face of Mt. Shasta does impress, as will the Shasta Trinity National Forest it is set in. We are located in northern California, one hour north of Redding and one hour south of the Oregon border. It is within an easy drive of San Francisco, Sacramento and Portland for a weekend getaway or vacation in any season. Come visit beautiful Mt. Shasta and book your room with us today.We have two restaurants to serve you, The Tree House Restaurant and Cooper's Bar & Grill, both open 7 days a week, offering Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Tree House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Tree House Hotel Mount Shasta
- Best Western Tree Hotel
- Best Western Mount Shasta
- Mount Shasta Best Western