“Wonderful Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa
Save Saved
You added Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa to your Saves list
203 Birch Street, Mount Shasta, CA 96067   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Mount Shasta B&B and Inns
Sunnyvale, CA
“Wonderful Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

My Fiancé and I decided to get away for President's Day weekend and ended up at Shasta MountInn as our very first bed and breakfast experience. We we pleasantly surprised by the amount of amenities this place has to offer: sauna, hot tub, bathrobes, Tempurpedic beds, and even all natural and organic toiletries. Our room, the Twin Peaks was cozy, warm, and inviting. It is probably the most private room in all the house and the views were amazing! Not only was the room great, but the hospitality was one of the best. David is extremely wonderful as a host and made us feel at home. Not only does he take pride in his house, is pleasant to talk to, but also, he makes an incredible organic breakfast! We we sad to leave, but will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Perfect location in Mt. Shasta: a short walk to town if you want to walk, far enough away from town to never hear a sound. Our room, Shasta Secret, had a perfect view of the mountain too. Room had everything we could want (except we would have preferred a queen bed), as did the house. Lovely common room upstairs with coffee, tea & snacks. Hot tub with privacy & view of Shasta. Sauna too! Great breakfast. And to top it off, single or couple's massages if you want. Even use of the laundry if you need. Can't imagine staying anywhere else near Mt. Shasta.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

My husband and I just got back from a 2 night stay at the Shasta MountInn Retreat , a great base for a weekend of snowshoeing, hiking and skiing. David was a gracious host with that perfect balance of information, connection, and allowance for privacy. We stayed in the Magic Mountain room - it had beautiful views of the mountain, a fireplace, and a very comfy bed. I just read many of the previous reviews (hadn't seen them before we reserved) and am now wishing I'd made time for a massage - so...we'll just have to go back again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

My husband and I picked a place on the map to break up our drive from Napa to Portland. How thankful we are that we picked Mount Shasta! Shasta MountINN is second to none in comfort, serenity, and beauty. We stayed in the Edson Room and had a magnificent view of Mount Shasta. The Tempur-Pedic bed afforded us an unbelievably comfortable night of rest, and breakfast the next morning was beyond delicious. We felt like royalty!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

David (The Host) is the most sincerely loving, nurturing, welcoming and thoughtful Host I have ever been treated to. His authentic passion to make your stay special is felt in every moment, and in each detail. He wants you to feel at home, and this place feels so much like home, it was actually hard to leave. The midway point on my journey was transformed into a highlighted returning destination, and David is an incredible person that i want to stay in touch with, a true light upon this earth.
Every detail of the space is exquisitely beautiful and the inviting atmosphere soothing to the heart. The smiles, wisdom, care and insight from David are healing, rejuvenating and transformative. I highly recommend Shasta MountInn as the best place I've ever stayed!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Laguna Niguel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We spent Christmas Eve here, en route Calif. Bay Area from Bend, OR. We couldn't have chosen a better spot. David, the owner, is very hospitable and makes you feel right at home, but he doesn't intrude on your privacy. The house is beautiful, and beautifully furnished. The breakfast David cooked for us on Christmas morning was superb - the best eggs I'v ever tasted. There are so many extras included, such as a table in the front hall with menus from various local restaurants, for guests to peruse. A food pantry is available for the guests, to which they may help themselves at any time. Coffee and tea are always available. Many creams and lotions are in the bathrooms, for skin care in cold weather conditions. (It was cold and snowy when we were there.) David goes out of his way to make his visitors feel welcome. One caution - for disabled people like myself. There is a long flight of steps to climb, before you reach the front door, and some of the rooms are up another flight of stairs, inside the house. It's preferable to stay in a downstairs room, as a result.

You may be sure that we will visit this wonderful spot again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Rohnert Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I am a veteran of pilgrimages to this magnificent mountain and have loved coming to Mount Shasta for most of my life. It has been one long year since my last trip to Mount Shasta. A trip where I was married on Mount Shasta and thought all subsequent trips would be with her. As this story goes, my marriage dissolved in a most sad and painful way leaving me divorced and free for this New Year's holiday weekend.

My plans for this Mount Shasta trip was to visit the mountain herself as always, receive spiritual healing from a healer, meet with local friends and quite importantly, share a wonderful rejuvenating vacation with a very dear friend of many years who supported me throughout my disabling separation/divorce. I admit that I did have hopes for romance going in which is why I chose to stay at Shasta MountINN, a place I have not stayed before and would be new for both me and my friend.

The owner of Shasta MountINN, David Knowles, handled my reservation and my many questions with a genuine kindness that made me feel so welcomed that I felt the B&B was owned by a friend. We were quite fortunate that the only room available was the Shasta Secret room as we discovered it to be the nicest room at the Inn. It certainly had the best view of Mount Shasta and we think the nicest decor as well.

I loved the way the B&B was laid out with a kitchen and "relaxation room" upstairs adjacent to our room. This room was perfect for me to use my laptop on the wireless network, watch some TV and drink tea/warm up snacks in privacy. Downstairs there was a full kitchen with a pantry stocked with snack foods available free for all guests along with a refrigerator full of various foods/drinks also for guests.

David was also a wonderful cook as he prepared a large and full breakfast for us every morning as part of our stay. Every dish he made was simply delicious! He was very attentive to the dietary needs and food preferences of every person. David also proved to be an excellent food server and keep the kitchen spotless as well!

There was a great dry sauna, a hot tub with a total privacy enclosure and available massage treatment room for massage by David, a certified massage therapist!

We did end up spending most of our 4 days and 3 nights in our beautiful Shasta Secret room. But it was mainly because we were so relaxed and comfortable together on our king size Tempur-Pedic bed. We also loved our fireplace where we burned easy burn logs every night.

I am happy to report that I did receive all that I hoped for on this trip and more. Though the romance part did not exactly work the way I imagined, she and I both thoroughly enjoyed the B&B and experienced a very harmonious friendship there.

Shasta MountINN is classy yet comfortable, elegant yet understated, modern yet classic. I would say that this B&B is the most comprehensive and luxurious lodging experience available in the Mount Shasta area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!