“Magical Mountain Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa
You added Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa to your Saves list
203 Birch Street, Mount Shasta, CA 96067   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Mount Shasta B&B and Inns
Fairfax, California
“Magical Mountain Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I came for 2 nights after climbing Shasta and stayed an extra night. So glad I did. From my Magic Mountain room I had a view of Mt Shasta, Black Butte and Mt Eddy and maybe even a little way into my future!
Yes, the bathroom was across the hall but it has the most adorable round window that opens without swinging in or out, (go ahead and figure that one out!) and the atmosphere of the house feels so private that it's not an issue.
Plus, as I was solo I didn't need a romantic setting...this time. When that time comes though, we'll be back because David has created a sanctuary here that weaves its own particular, seductive magic.
His attention to detail means the gorgeous old home is solidly remodeled, no squeeky floors or doors, everything glides and works like a charm. The surrounding garden is beautiful, filled with roses and best of all, David's hospitality is gracious, thoughtful and genuine. Oh, and he tells the greatest stories too!
The hot tub is privacy screened, I bet a lot of smooching has gone on out there. There are robe hooks and stacks of great towels out there and in the bathrooms.
There's a spotless fridge upstairs where guests can stash leftovers or chill some wine, and of course the location is perfect.
With some after effects from the climb and altitude sickness, I scheduled a massage with David. I think it was the best massage I've ever had! Thank you David for being the kind of host every traveler hopes to have and rarely does. I've found my Shasta 'home'.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, since you can hear the flowing (manmade) stream that is a lovely part o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I are beyond pleased with our choice and our stay. Beyond words. The energy as soon as you walk in is just really pleasant. You can literally feel or sense a good flow. I would describe the Inn as cozy, serene, warm, and peaceful. We have taken advantage of almost all the amenities besides the sauna. The jacuzzi is amazing, the hammock delightful with a perfect view of another pyramid like peak, the swinging chairs give a sense of peace, the leg massagers in the relaxation room an absolute gift, the grass on the grounds is soft on the feet and might make you want to dance. David is extremely sweet and his service level above and beyond. I have worked in hospitality and if he didn't work for himself, he would be a star employee of any 5 star hotel. He anticipates needs and offers conversation and advice to make your stay the best he possibly can. Oh, and his breakfasts are divine feasts!

We were staying here mainly to be in Mt. Shasta before a retreat but now I feel like this was a retreat in of itself. We were not planning on staying an extra day after the retreat but because it has been so delightful here, we asked David if he had a room the night of our retreat ending so that we could enjoy an extension of what we came here for. Total relaxation.

I absolutely recommend staying here and I know if we come back to Mt. Shasta this is the only place I would stay.

(Thank you David!)

Room Tip: All the rooms here are great in different ways. We stayed in the Twin Peaks room which offers a vie...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We just had a great weekend at Shasta MountainInn. We met Dave, the owner, who took great care of us the whole time. He was super friendly and very interesting to listen to. In addition to running the Inn,, he also does massage. He is a warm, caring person who really seems to love what he is doing. The room we stayed in was absolutely beautiful, with a great view of Mount Shasta from the bed. In addition the room had a fireplace, Jacuzzi and a really comfortable bed. The grounds are lovely and there is an outdoor Jacuzzi, a sauna and a place to eat. Dave let us use his kitchen to cook a small lunch which we had out on the deck. It is not the cheapest place in Shasta but I think it is worth spending the extra money to get this kind of good Shasta experience. And the breakfast that Dave prepares are really very good! We had pancakes, bacon, eggs the way we wanted,granola, yogurt and lots more. Even though the place is small, it feels very private there. And it is a five minute walk to downtown Shasta. Dave really makes everyone feel right at home. And he seems to have a lot of repeat guests. It is totally worth spending the little extra to get this kind of experience in Shasta.

• Stayed May 2014
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

What a marvelous three nights my husband and I had at the Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa!

Everything about this B&B is first class. The bedding is high quality and extremely comfortable. The towels and robes are thick and plush. The hot tub has extremely well-placed and powerful jets that massaged us into Jell-O'ness. The sauna is lined aromatic cedar. The spacious grounds are tastefully landscaped and well-tended.

But what impressed us most is the careful thought innkeeper David has put into the fine details that make this place rise above the usual B&B experience. Rather than stocking the shower with garbage-generating individual soap bars and plastic mini-bottles of hair care products, he chose to be environmentally sound and installed wall-mounted soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers. Both indoors and out, there are lighting elements placed to ensure steps, stairs and other uneven walking areas are discreetly highlighted to keep guests safe.

There is an impressive library of hundreds of DVDs, ranging from Hollywood blockbusters to foreign films, from nature documentaries to vintage screwball comedies. You can watch your chosen film on the flatscreen TV in the upstairs commons room while having your lower legs and feet rubbed by a massage machine, or you can see it in total privacy via the DVD player in your room.

There's a designated refrigerator for guests to store beverages and food, and a freezer full of ice packs to borrow for use in a picnic lunch. There's a "guest snacks" cabinet in the kitchen that David keeps stocked with crackers, chocolate-covered raisins, sunflower seeds and other tempting goodies.

Did I mention the breakfasts? The ultra-fresh eggs (from local free-range chickens) David whips up for his guests knocked our socks off. The beans he uses make a strong and tasty cup of coffee, and he provides a dozen or more varieties of tea (herbal and non) to choose from. He even went out of his way to make me special low-carb breakfasts when he learned of my eating plan, and my husband declared David's blueberry pancakes to be superb.

Thank you, David, for making our visit to Shasta such a remarkable and delightful experience. We felt so pampered, so perfectly taken care of. And how kind and gracious of you to invite my friend from Shasta to join us for breakfast. You are the best! We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at David's B&B and it was fabulous. The house was beautiful, the food was delicious and the host was very accommodating. It was romantic and the Jacuzzi was great. The grounds and views were amazing. We had such a good time! We can wholeheartedly recommend Shasta Mountinn Retreat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Redding, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Shasta MountInn offers all the comforts of home, and more: clean room, comfy bed, stunning views, sauna, foot and leg massagers, hot tub, lots of snacks, and a big and delicious breakfast -- and all within walking distance of quaint, downtown Mt. Shasta. Owner and innkeeper, David, seemed to go out of his way to welcome us. By the time we checked out of Shasta Secret Room, my husband and I realized that he wasn't going out of his way, hospitality and graciousness is in David's nature. He made our stay memorable and we left feeling like we had made a new friend.

We will be back, only next time we hope to stay much longer... Thanks, David!

Room Tip: Shasta Secret Room has a nice view, but the shower is somewhat small. If you are a larger person, yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

So you may wonder are these real reviews..I mean seriously what's the guy doing to receive all excellent reviews. I will tell you my husband and I just took our first trip away without our son ever in 11 years. We hadn't stayed in a B& B before and aren't really super social people but based on other reviews tried it out. We seriously had the most amazing time. David is very respectful of personal space and the few others in the house we only saw at breakfast. David is one of those people no matter what walk of life your from he feels like a kindred spirit. He is so nurturing and comfortable. The house is beautiful, clean and has so much charm. Everything you can think of is provided. The hot tub is big enough for a few so when your in it and the door is locked others come back. The massage was amazing. Everything we were served was so healthy and my husband who doesn't really like veges was made plain eggs without them. If you really don't want to visit you can make your own breakfast ..we ate at nine.there are swings and all kinds of sitting areas outside as well as a room upstairs with a tv and amazing foot massagers. We had the edson room on the ground floor..very nice, the biggest room, with jacuzzi bath and the largest tv..the two rooms upstairs are more private, but smaller, also with TV' s.The house draws good energy and good people. I am so glad we took the risk at something new. I can't wait to go back,and feel like in the two days we were there I made a new friend. Of course Mt Shasta is amazing, lots of hiking, falls, shopping and good food..the local Thai restaurant down the road good, very fresh stuff...if you're on the fence about here and somewhere else...go here, you absolutely won't regret it...

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms smaller but more private but the edson room downstairs huge, with jacuzzi tub and lar...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!