The view you get when driving up to the B&B says it all. Very beautiful and peaceful.
Having a 1st floor room that opened directly to the gardens was fantastic. Just walk out and sit to relax. The room and bath were large and very clean. Turn down service and a wood burning fireplace made it very cozy.
The breakfast was buffet and a far cry from luxury. It was not bad, but could have been a bit more considering the price. Bagels, oatmeal and an egg souffle of sorts.
The young woman who worked the shift until 8pm and was back the next morning was helpful with directions and print outs. I can not say the same about the woman who I think was the manager. Maybe I expect Southern hospitality but unfriendly would best describe her. The manager coupled with the breakfast are the only reasons it is not getting a 5 star.
I would recommend Seal Cove though. It is a great place to stay even considering what I find to be drawbacks.
And the teddy bears are very cute!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 23 miles south of San Francisco, this serene hideaway is spectacularly set amongst a meadow of wildflowers and bordered by towering cypress trees. The inn looks out to acres of county park and the ocean beyond: an oasis where you can enjoy secluded beaches, watch frolicking seals, and follow the tree-lined path tracing the windswept Half Moon Bay ocean bluffs. The inn also features an executive board room for small meetings up to 14. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Seal Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seal Cove Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Seal Cove Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Moss Beach