“Dockside 3” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
St. George
“Dockside 3”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Tognazzini's has three restaurants. We haven't done the sit-down versions because we love the casual atmosphere of third. It is a patio directly on the bay with live music, cold beer, tasty fish & chips, and the best view of Morro Rock. Sea lions frolic in the water right below. To me, this is Morro Bay. Love it!

Visited April 2013

San Diego, California
“No atmosphere, no flavor, huge portions of bland food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Uh, mediocre at best. The atmosphere and decor cruddy, 2 oz. glasses of mediocre wine, $25 entre's utterly flavorless. Worst meal ever in 20 years of coming to morro bay...never again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Visalia, California
“Met our Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently bought a home in MB and have been trying various restaurants. Several of our new neighbors recommended this place as where the "locals" go for casual seafood and we are glad they did. This is not quite fine dining but is a step above casual dining. The BB-Q Oysters were outstanding, I had the halibut fish & chips which were the best fish & chips I have had in MB, My wife had the regular fish & a coleslaw instead of the fries which was very good she rated the fish as excellent, the second best she has had in town. Our waitress, Dianne is the best waitress we have experienced in MB she totally enhanced our experience. I now agree with our neighbors this is a great place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bodfish, California, United States
“Heavenly chowder and fish!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stopped here for a quick bite before starting our week's stay in Morro Bay. Just looking for a first day cup of chowder and maybe some fish & chips. WOW!! The fish melted in your mouth and the chowder was packed with clams. The service was excellent and friendly. We will definitely come back this week for a larger meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“FOGGY NIGHTTIME...NO VIEW...SKIP THIS PLACE.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I rarely write a review on a place I'm not crazy about...but this was disappointing on SO MANY levels.
I couldn't catch a sunset at The Galley, so I made a res for the next night & set out to try somewhere else. By the time i set out It was maybe 7:30, fogged in, and past sunset on a Tuesday (lots of places in these little seaside communities are only open Wed-Sun), the parking lot was packed, the place was full so here is where I lit. When I came in, the host was chatting it up with what may have been an employee who was there to eat with a companion:. OK..he thought I was with them or whatever...no problem. I was seated quickly after that. Everything looked good on paper and might have been delicious...what I selected wasn't. The "fresh" salmon did not taste like fresh & was too well done, covered in way too much sauce. The plate was drowning in sauce. I ordered a bottle of a champagne-style wine. My waitress opened the bottle, poured me a glass & left the bottle on the table...no chiller, no ice bucket...ON THE TABLE...guess what it got grossly warm. Last faux pas....asked to take remainder of meal home, she packaged it up and included NO SAUCE, with dry fish
Doubtful I will be returning. For less cost there are other places to get truly good fresh tasting fish and worth the cost. Places worth returning to.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere