“I'll be back!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 78 restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Open for lunch and dinner, this is a great spot that will quickly become your place to meet friends and family to dine and drink on the bay. Paul and his family are happy to welcome you to our space and showcase their array of fresh handpicked ingredients from our local fisherman and farmers that we know and support. the food we serve will come to life on your plate
Sonora
“I'll be back!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I was looking for a good view and some sea food and got so much more! The sign advertising "great view, good food and friendly people" brought me in to the Flying Dutchman restaraunt and I was not disapointed! My husband, daughter and I had a wonderful lunch. We shared a few things...the albacore tuna melt was very fresh and not overdone with mayonaise, the mahi tacos were out of this world and of course we had to try the fish and chips...delicously beer battered, a little greasy but hey, isn't that what fish and chips is all about? We had them with the "bistro" fries...delightfully tossed with lots of fresh garlic and parsley. My daughter had the grilled cheese...sure to please any child and served with fresh fruit, apples, strawberris and orange slices, along with a menu she could color on and hang on the wall. After a nap we decided to go back for dinner and again enjoyed a superb meal...the seafood pasta was bountious and perfect with a dinner salad. The salmon, covered with a basil cream sauce also great and topped off with fresh apple streudal for dessert...We will certainly be back! Thankyou, all of you at the Flying Dutchman for a wonderful, relaxing, friendly and delicous way to experience Morro Bay. I recommend it to all who pass through this little beach paradise!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Atascadero, California
“Tourist trap!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

This place is cafeteria-like and I have tried it twice and given up on any quality food. If you want the best fish & chips and you like your fish breaded & not coated in a thick greasy batter, then go to Tognazinis down on the wharf.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
California
“Beautiul view, but that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

We were seated quickly and then the rest of our dining went extremely quickly, like they were trying to get us out of there. The food was okay, nothing special. My husband and I both had fish dinners that were $18.99 and the portions were small but adequate. The cooked vegetables tasted raw and after quickly serving us our food, our waitress disappeared for the rest of our meal; only asking if we needed anything just as we were finishing. My children's meals came with those plastic to go drink cups with lids that had advertisements on them promoting another location and it was also stated on the kids menu, that if you wanted to take the cups with you, you would be charged $1.00 extra. The view of Morro Rock was beautiful, but the rest of the place doesn't match up with it's gorgeous view.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clovis, California
“Yummo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

I HEART THIS PLACE!!!! I have eaten here several times and have always been satisfied. The clam chowder is hands down THE BEST in Morro Bay. The sandwiches are great, the burgers are juicy the Fish and chips are sooooo good . The Tartar sauce (as most fish and chips buffs would know tarter sauce is key) was very good . Everywhere to sit in this place has a view. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the price is not bad. would say if you want a Applebees feel but one a more interment scale come here, But be advised the food is WAY better lol.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
wally5472, "Captain Wally" (owner) at Dutchman's Seafood House, responded to this review, August 6, 2009
Hi Yummo, Thank you!! for the great review, we here at the "Dutchie" are proud of our place on the bay and want to do the best job possible for customers like you...join us on Facebook and tell your friends to join too!! Next time you come in just mention yourself as "Yummo" and we will give you 15% off you total bill!!!
Regards,
your humble "captain"
Santa Clarita, CA
“Best fish and chips and with a waterfront table, to boot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Fish and chips melt in your mouth. More fish than batter coating which is a nice change. My wife had the salmon and claimed it was the best she's ever had. Highly recommended and affordable also. We'll go back next time we visit Morro Bay.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere