“I eat here everytime I visit the central coast” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“I eat here everytime I visit the central coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I LOVE this place and the owners have become friends. Their food is the BEST in a totally relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant is a small house across from one of my favorite beaches. If I lived nearby, I would eat here once a week or more. Their desserts are to die for. If you have time, call in advance (days in advance) and ask Liz to make her tiramisu It's the best I've ever eaten and I've tried a lot of tiramisu! She takes a lot of time making it so be sure to call far enough in advance. It will be worth your wait. The only negative is that they don't have many vegetarian options, but . . . . they will happily suggest things they can do with their regular menu items to make a happy vegetarian.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Always a sure thing. Now serving Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We've been regulars at Beach House for years. Always great. Chef Ger's special are always good. Head waitress Liz is also the dessert chef and her creations are not to be missed.

They just started Sunday Brunch and it is fantastic.

If you are in Morro Bay, Cayucos or San Luis Obispo, make a point of stopping by.

Cayucos, California
“A local delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Beach house is one of those places everyone looks for when they go to a new place. We all want the "locals" favorite. The "Cheers" of the town. Well Beach House Bistro is the Cheers of Morro Bay. Its quirky but the food is great. The menu is varied and the desserts are special. And as advertized....they do have the best clam chowder in all of SLO county.

Fresno
“Great food and desserts in a quirky little bungalow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

As I read the other reviews I feel sorry for those people who had bad food because I have been there several times and have never had a bad meal. The atmosphere is very much like that of an Italian Family dinner. People who don't know each other talking from one table to another - I love it. And, the desserts are worth the trip there. If you eat nothing else, you have to have one of the desserts!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Luis Obispo
“Overpriced, sad food, strange atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Wanted to try something different, and thought we had found a diamond in the rough.

The atmosphere was strange. First off, I guess there was outdoor seating but the chairs were all sort of stacked and pushed aside. It was 6:30pm, so I'm guessing they were in their dinner hour, and would be expecting guests.

I could feel what they were going for with the beach shack feel and projecting the image of "gormet" food, but the strange shakers and odd place settings just sort of added to the iffy feeling upon entering. You could tell what they were trying to do with the decor, but it just wasn't clicking, or quite there for that matter. This in addition to it being empty, neon bar signs (with no bar), and really bad jimmy buffet music. Just didn't work together for me.

We were greeted by a very friendly waitress, probably one of the managers or owners. Her descriptions of the food and what they had in the menus kept us there.

Sadly enough, from the dish I had, the vegitable soup served before the meal tasted much better than the main dish itself. The bread was tastey, but strange in the bucket and the olive oil didn't taste very good with it. When the dish came out the "steamed vegitables" were served on the side underneath he bowl of pasta. They felt like they had been jammed there and was very un appetizing. I had fetticini alfredo with chicken. The chicken was very dry and covered in what I later figured to be smoked cheddar. I tasted like barbeque sauce. It didn't go with the pasta at all. The tomatoes boasted were not fresh, and seem liked small slivers of the skin of a tomatoe. Very disappointing.

Of course after all this the bitter taste of that dish costing $21. I've eaten at much nicer places in Morro Bay, and even great places in Santa Barabara for less than that for a plate. All in all very disapointing.

Won't be returning here.