“Dishonest Clerk” 2 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
“Dishonest Clerk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

When we checked in asked why the sign didn't say Sandpiper. Dishont to out of town guests we did not know that there were two Econo Lodge in Morro Bay. According to the internet it lists the other Motel's phone number and list the other motels address. Very confusing to guests. We found when we arrived back home we didn't stay where we had reservations! So we were billed for one night at two Motels. The internet listings need to be updated. This is scam!

Ants in bathtub and when running the shower the tub faucet poured out water two.

• Stayed September 2012
jack p, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Most, Bed Reviews come From Sandpiper. hotel in morro bay use to econo lodge/rodway inn
naw the hotels turnig Sandpiper. please doubel check & post Reviews is Real bed for real econo lodg 1100 main st check expdia&hotels.com Reviews for econo lodge

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've never had such a displeasing experience than this one when it comes to lodging.

The manager literally came out of his office and screamed at my boyfriend and I when we called Travelocity to switch our room. We complained to Travelocity that they gave us not the room we requested. Unbelievable.

When we walked in the room it smelled like smoke even when we requested non smoking.

Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
jack p, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
der sir
you not sty in econo lodge morro bay jul 9 212 ve have all grrop sty in 3 days may you selact wrong hotel
sorry
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Even though it wasn't close to downtown, I booked at Econo Lodge because everywhere else was either unreasonably expensive or was booked. Now I'm glad I found this gem. The owner was very helpful - recommended a restaurant, suggested a nearby grocery, and gave me the name of a good bakery downtown. When I came back through town two days later, she had held the room I requested and everything was in order.
The first morning, I was disappointed there was no decaffeinated coffee, but waited until I was checking out to mentioned it. They said that most people didn't drink it and so it was always left over, but they would make it on request. When I returned, I asked if there could be decaf the next morning - and sure enough, there was! That's the sort of service that turns a standard, "good-for-a-couple-of-nights" motel into a spot I'd return to and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
jack p, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Janak Panchal, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this rev
thnkyou

Econo Lodge Staff
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everything was booked up for miles- so much for spur of the minute travel. So we were glad to at least get a room. But $200 for Econolodge!? We booked over the cell phone and he took my credit card, but when we got there he was fairly insistent we pay with cash. I've never been asked to pay with cash at a hotel. He said it was because he doesn't like to pay the credit card company fees-I wonder if he's just pocketing the difference? When we began questioning the charges he picked up our paperwork and tore it up. If we had had somewhere else to go I'd have been happy to go elsewhere but he had us over a barrel and he knew it. We ended up paying &160 in cash and $40 on Visa. As for the room-it was adequate. Decent location, safe but very small, tight parking lot, clean room, breakfast nothing exciting-and as things were used, i.e.juice, cereal, etc. he didn't refill anything- definitely first come-maybe the only one served. Not a place I'd ever return to- but more importantly I doubt I'll ever try another Econolodge again.

• Stayed June 2012
jack p, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
sorry it wos wrong locason review you send,
this femely on operet lodge,
if you sty with us then sorry
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I passed through Morro Bay last year on a similar road trip, but did not spend the night. This year I decided that I wanted to stay over. I arrived on a Friday afternoon and discovered that I had walked in on the weekend of the annual Classic Car Show. Arriving at a beach town on the weekend of a special event is decidedly not good for the budget minded traveler. I tried two places that quoted $119 before ending up at the Econo Lodge for $89 plus tax. The two bedded room was spacious and clean throughout. The bed was comfortable and the facilities completely satsfactory. There was a coffee maker and hair dryer, but no microwave or fridge. I could see Morro Rock from my window. I enjoyed feeding the squirrels and the seagulls on the beach adjacent to the rock. I had never seen squirrels that would literally climb right up on you to snatch strawberries and apple slices. The seagulls also flew right down and took the same from my upstretched arm. The rock itself is amazing especially up close. You can walk among the boulders on the back side and get incredible views. There was a parade through town of the antique cars early in the evening and I watched it for a while. All in all, a nice stay in a very scenic spot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
monamkj, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for staying at Econo Lodge, Morro Bay and appreciating our service. Thank you for doing business with us, we look forward to seeing you again.
jack
Des Moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed for two nights at the Econolodge at 1100 Main St., in Morro Bay, CA. Our room was on the ground floor, was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast included dry cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, pastries, coffee and milk, which was perfect for us. The Econolodge is within a few blocks of the waterfront which has a choice of many restaurants and shops. We would choose this reasonably priced motel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

We stayed one night on our way up the coast. Our room had a good view of Morro Rock, it was close to the bay, and a reasonable price. No major complaints. The continental breakfast was decent, but what i really liked were the trays to carry food/coffee/etc. up to the room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!