“Well run property. I'd stay again without hesitation.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Sacramento
“Well run property. I'd stay again without hesitation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I found myself in Morro Bay unexpectedly for one night and looked at several bargain motels in the downtown area. My visits were guided by the Roomsaver coupon book. For $45, Days Inn was the by far the best value. There are cheaper motels, but they're solid one-star, bare-bones and show a lot of wear and tear.. I would rate this Days Inn between 1 1/2 and 2 stars on a five star scale and they seem to be keeping up with the maintenance challenges of a beach property. A real bonus for me was the lightening fast wifi.

My only regret was not paying $10 more for a view room. It's worth the extra bucks to wake up to an extraordinary view of Morro Rock. Don't cheap-out like me and deny yourself that experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

4th stay here - pet friendly - BIG rooms - new management super nice - walking distance to shops and dining - ask for upstairs view of The Rock and balcony a must - get Days Inn card and get another 5% off , Fun night life right around the corner - "Legends" - and huge liquor store that has everything including toothpaste!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I booked this motel through the Days Inn web site. Upon arrival, a confused, and rather unfriendly desk clerk, informed us that there was no vacancy. I showed him my confirmation and he just shrugged - no rooms. So my pregnant wife and I were left to find a room at 10:00 p.m. at night with ZERO assistance of the troubled clerk. After calling 50+ hotels and finding no vacancy for at least 120 miles we decided to abort our planned trip up Cal 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) and drive to Salinas a good 2.5 hours away. Our trip was ruined by a hotel chain's web booking -as driving the 1 was THE REASON we were in the area! Days Inn initially offered me a $20 credit toward a future stay. I contacted their corporate office and they upped it to $75.00. They can keep their $75 and fix their web booking system - IF ANYONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO USE IT! Seriously people, more than half of the reviews on this hotel are negative.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

With a family wedding taking place on the beach in Cayucos, we needed six hotel rooms in the area. Initially we found good reviews for the Days Inn Morro Bay. When we arrived all six rooms were ready. The staff was friendly and efficient. The hotel was clean and well maintained. We especially enjoyed the large room size that all the rooms in the hotel provide.

The hotel is a short walk to shops on the water in Morro Bay. Morro Rock is off in the distance. It is a very nice location and setting.

Often two star hotels are disappointing. This hotel was not. It was a good value providing an excellent stay on an excellent day. I hope we can stay here again sometime in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Lemoore, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

My daughter was getting married in Montana De Oro State Park which is just a few miles south of Morro Bay. I chose the Days Inn because of the price and they were able to handle a large group. I had family coming from out of town at different times so I reserved 7 rooms. My sister and her husband with 2 young children had been driving all night and arrived at the hotel at 10 am and asked if it was possible to check in that early. The friendly staff was happy to give them a clean room to rest and get cleaned up. The rest of us arrived later in the afternoon and the check in was seamless. The staff was so friendly and helpful. It's been a while since I've experienced customer service of this caliber. The rooms were all wonderful. I didn't notice any musty smell or anything of the sort like some of the reviews mentioned. They were all clean and well kept. They were just installing a new wireless service but I didn't get a chance to use it. The view of Morrow Rock was magnificent from the 2nd floor. My group was large (23 people) so we did make a little noise that evening and upset one of the tennants. I apologized the next day and offered to pay for the man's room but the staff had already refunded his money and wouldn't accept my money to pay them back. I will definately go back to this hotel and will recommend it to anyone traveling out that way.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I've stayed at a few Days Inn motels before, so I know they can be hit and miss, but...
while traveling on a recent road trip, I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Days Inn in Morro Bay, California. I say unfortunate because there is nothing positive I can say about this dump! The carpeting is worn out and smells like stale cigarettes—even though it is a "smoke-free room." The lights above the beds have lampshades that disintegrate at the slightest touch, and the manager that checked us in, sent me on a wild goose chase by casually pointing in the direction of my room. I had to climb the stairs with heavy suitcases twice because he couldn't even take the time to give clear directions.
My advice is to stay somewhere else! You may pay a few dollars more, but you'll sleep much better knowing you didn't get ripped off!

My message to Days Inn: please visit this location before you allow it to totally ruin your corporate image!

• Stayed July 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The Days Inn at Morro Bay is a quaint property. Bungalow style, clean and a good view from the balcony overlooking the water.

My only complaint would be the wi-fi. I asked the mgr when I checked in if they had a good wireless connection and he assured me they did. I was able to log in once and then was booted off after a few minutes. I called and they assured me it was fine. After that the signal deteriorated and could not be picked up for the remainder of the evening.

Overall, it's a decent place but don't stay here expecting a wireless connection.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Morro Bay? Share your experiences!