“Awesome Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Lemoore, Ca
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

My daughter was getting married in Montana De Oro State Park which is just a few miles south of Morro Bay. I chose the Days Inn because of the price and they were able to handle a large group. I had family coming from out of town at different times so I reserved 7 rooms. My sister and her husband with 2 young children had been driving all night and arrived at the hotel at 10 am and asked if it was possible to check in that early. The friendly staff was happy to give them a clean room to rest and get cleaned up. The rest of us arrived later in the afternoon and the check in was seamless. The staff was so friendly and helpful. It's been a while since I've experienced customer service of this caliber. The rooms were all wonderful. I didn't notice any musty smell or anything of the sort like some of the reviews mentioned. They were all clean and well kept. They were just installing a new wireless service but I didn't get a chance to use it. The view of Morrow Rock was magnificent from the 2nd floor. My group was large (23 people) so we did make a little noise that evening and upset one of the tennants. I apologized the next day and offered to pay for the man's room but the staff had already refunded his money and wouldn't accept my money to pay them back. I will definately go back to this hotel and will recommend it to anyone traveling out that way.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I've stayed at a few Days Inn motels before, so I know they can be hit and miss, but...
while traveling on a recent road trip, I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Days Inn in Morro Bay, California. I say unfortunate because there is nothing positive I can say about this dump! The carpeting is worn out and smells like stale cigarettes—even though it is a "smoke-free room." The lights above the beds have lampshades that disintegrate at the slightest touch, and the manager that checked us in, sent me on a wild goose chase by casually pointing in the direction of my room. I had to climb the stairs with heavy suitcases twice because he couldn't even take the time to give clear directions.
My advice is to stay somewhere else! You may pay a few dollars more, but you'll sleep much better knowing you didn't get ripped off!

My message to Days Inn: please visit this location before you allow it to totally ruin your corporate image!

• Stayed July 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The Days Inn at Morro Bay is a quaint property. Bungalow style, clean and a good view from the balcony overlooking the water.

My only complaint would be the wi-fi. I asked the mgr when I checked in if they had a good wireless connection and he assured me they did. I was able to log in once and then was booted off after a few minutes. I called and they assured me it was fine. After that the signal deteriorated and could not be picked up for the remainder of the evening.

Overall, it's a decent place but don't stay here expecting a wireless connection.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Old VIRGINIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

If you don't mind a couple of hills, this Days Inn is an easy walk down to the waterfront, and there is a inexpensive trolley/bus system to bring you back if you know the way.

You can see the Morro Rock from just about anywhere in town.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Lemoore, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I appreciated the fact that this was a pet-friendly hotel (since we brought our dog along) and figured we couldn't got wrong with a hotel that had such a reputable name. Boy was I wrong! The hotel room can make or break a weekend getaway and this time the room was the disappointment of our vacation. The hotel room was run-down with ancient furniture/carpet/fixtures. There was also a musty pungent smell that filled the room. I was hesitant to let my 12-month-old walk/crawl around on the nasty carpet. We definitely will NOT be staying here again. Just being honest here.‎

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Morro Bay? Share your experiences!