“Lovely grounds could use some TLC.” 4 of 5 stars

Inn at Morro Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 State Park Road, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Ventura, California
“Lovely grounds could use some TLC.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a king garden room. The room was clean a little small no area in bathroom for grooming items . It would have been nice to have some extra pillows and a note pad and pen in the room.We arrived early and Christian at the front desks was able to get are room early she was wonderful great smile very friendly and accommodating perfect person for the front of the house. The food and service at the restaurant and bar were excellent. We wanted to watch a football game and the F&B. manager Leslie was kind enough to have a wonderful young women Valita take care of us she is as nice as she is pretty The grounds need some work the Jacuzzi had sand in it. The carpet in the halls had lots of stains and many areas in and around the Inn are in need painting . I spoke with Leslie the F&B manager and she shared with me that soon a remodel will be starting. We had one problem that are room was still not cleaned by three in the afternoon. I understand the that the weekend was busy we just should of been told about the delay and we would have planned are time accordingly . The young women who cleaned are room was great her name is Andromeda. There is a young women Lisa that SHOUND NOT be working in hospitality. When we arrived not one smile she look like she would rather be anywhere else but working at the INN. When we called about our room not being cleaned at three she could had cared less and told me the house keeping staff was very busy " not my problem" I want to enjoy my stay and not think about the inner working of the Inn. I complained to Leslie about Lisa . Leslie had housekeeping take care of are room right away . Bottom line we are going back for a four day stay and celebrating New Years Eve at the Inn. I would recommend this Inn as an good value for the money very good food and service the rooms are clean and the location is wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I started our 10-day vacation up the coast of California at the Inn at Morro Bay. We stayed two nights and were very pleased! The service was excellent and the room we had overlooking the bay was great. Our room had a nice porch for us to sit on and watch the sunsets. The restaurant provided a nice selection for both dinner and breakfast and the wait staff was very attentive. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 400 building which overlooks the bay.
Santa Maria, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I booked a room here on Priceline.. the room was fantastic... could see the ocean from my window.. nice patio to sit out and look at the bay.. beautiful dining room, the Jacuzzi was wonderful.. grounds were beautiful.. and most of all could take my little pooch with me.. because they are dog friendly.. special thanks to JUDY at the front desk who gave me such a nice room.. she is very pleasant and professional.. will go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spent three nights in Morro Bay to relax for a while as we toured the CA coast to avoid our home AZ heat. We were able to check in early, received help getting our luggage up to our room, and warmed up with the working gas fireplace. Our doggie-friendly room was spacious, with lots of storage for all our stuff (I really unpack for 3 days or more) - and a nice big balcony. We even had a refrigerator. The bathroom was a little short on shelf space, which is when I was glad that I traveled with several suction cups for placing needed items on the mirror (great for our toothbrushes) or the walls of the shower stall.

This hotel just a mile out of downtown was our base for eating (seafood is delicious in Morro Bay), for walking through this small town, and for visiting the Paso Robles wine country. There was even more to see and do nearby for those who are younger and more active. We did have wireless internet access from our room, which let us play games and keep up-to-date with our friends.

We appreciated a room which welcomed our dog - who met several friends also staying here. We did have a lot of fog, but I finally got great pictures of Morro Rock on the LAST morning - better than none at all.

From our balcony we could enjoy the views as they became visible, and listen to the seals barking in the bay and the birds singing in the park. We did have to use the car cleaner station as we got some byproducts from these birds living in the next door park. No real problem for us.

We were there during the week so could not eat at the 'fancy' restaurant, but we did have a lovely breakfast at the restaurant off the hotel lobby. I should mention that there are no elevators, so you'd have to check if they have any rooms not requiring stairs. We had no problem with the 1/2 flight needed to reach our top floor room.

Overall I am glad that the need to find a dog-friendly hotel in Morro Bay led us to such delightful accommodations! We hope to return in what we hope will be sunnier (but still cool and comfortable) weather.

Room Tip: Our end room had a large balcony and a fireplace and lots of room to relax inside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a lovey resort, heavenly! The staff were friendly, everything was clean, location was perfect with stunning views over the bay. Room was a good size with everything we could need. The pool was pleasant and not busy when we were there which was great. We stopped off here on a road trip down the west coast, I would recommend this hotel. I was just gutted we didn't have longer to spend here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Valley AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I read Trip advisor and booked a room for three days. Its clean the receptionists are on the ball. Pleanty of safe parking. Peacefull . Rooms are clean and prices are not out of line. However lets talk a little about the restuarant its clean and food is excellant but one expects this the point being made here is the people like their jobs. Darrell is the best server we have come across in all our trips in USA, Mexico, Europe he really made our days .

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The location of the Morrow Bay Inn borders the bird sanctuary as well as being right on the bay. This allows you all kinds of bird, sea lion and otter watching opportunities.

We sprang for a full harbor view room and didn’t regret it as the view was spectacular. There is a large viewing area on the bay that is very nice if you are in a non-view room. Every morning the sea lions and otters frolicked just outside our window.

Sleeping with the window open is great as the seabirds lull you to sleep if you don’t mind sleeping like you left Finding Nemo on all night (“mine, mine, mine……”).

With this beauty comes a price as there is bird residue and an occasional whiff of raw nature. I think this is the first hotel I’ve stayed at that features a car wash station. I thank you and my car thanks you.

The rooms are very fresh and clean with a modern look. The issue that has been on other reviews is the lack of storage space, especially in the bathroom. A small pedestal sink with a micro-glass shelf cannot hold the bucket full of accessories todays we tote along on vacation. It holds your toothbrush and toothpaste, and that’s about it. The only real storage is the large double door closet with cubbies in the room.

The rooms are very quiet and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable.

On the Labor Day weekend there was entertainment in the lounge every night with either a guitarist or light jazz/rock group.

Room Tip: The lower rooms have very little view in most buildings, so grab a second floor room. The 400 bui...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Morro Bay? Share your experiences!