“Terrible Customer Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
San Jose, California
“Terrible Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here fairly recently and had a problem at check in. We asked to speak to a supervisor and was greeted by a young woman, I believe her name was Megan. It was hard to take her seriously, she was distracted - even waving at a male employee walking by while talking with us. We asked to speak with her supervisor and and a young man came out and introduced himself as Shane, the Asst. GM. He seemed nervous and became red in the face and started perspiring while trying to help - he too was very young. After some time, our issue seemed to get resolved and it's a lovely location but the staff was, as a whole, very unprofessional. For the rates and atmosphere, I expect a level of service that we just did not get. The staff is very young and inexperienced and we felt extremely frusterated. We will not be returning nor will we be recommending this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had high hopes for this place. Read many of the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to book a room. I was very impressed when I pulled up to the hotel. Wonderful landscaping and very welcoming. Hotel lobby was nice, so I felt everything would be good - it wasn't.
Paid a little more to get a bathroom with a tub and also a partial view. Walked in, and the room didn't smelll so nice. The bathtub is EXTREMELY small and too close to the floor. Then with closer examination, there were these little bugs everywhere. The quilt on the bed was badly stained. The toliet dripped all night and as the night went on there were more bugs. Couldn't believe the hotel was filled to capacity on a Tuesday and they couldn't provide me with another room with a view. I was hoping to have the same experience that many of the others had, but that was not the case. Eventhough it was in a great location, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Small cosy motel right on the seafront. Friendly staff. Limited choice on the Menu but well balanced and excellent quality. Rooms with fireplace and very comfy bed. Free Wi-fi (much appreciated). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for seafront room. You may pay a little more - but its worth it to watch the seals and the pelic...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was our second stop on a trip down California’s iconic Highway 1. The hotel sits right on the sand and has very nice grounds.We spent the day at Hearst Castle and then arrived here just in time to observe a beautiful sunset over the water from our perch at the bar.

The rooms were very nice and we liked the modern décor. However, the bathrooms are tiny and not well laid out. The rooms could also use a little sound-proofing as we could hear some noise from the other rooms. But it quieted down later in the evening and we got a good nights sleep.

The restaurant was good for both dinner and continental breakfast which is a good thing because it seems to be the only place around there to eat.

All in all a good place to stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

From check in to check out superior. Super friendly and helpful personnel. Rooms are spacious, clean and very nicely appointed. View gorgeous...thanks to Mother Nature. Resteraunts within walking distance and town very close driving distance.

• Stayed October 2012
Seekonk, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked this hotel based on the positive reviews here on TA, and we're so glad we did.

We stayed at 8 different hotels on our Napa to Pismo beach PCH trip from Sept 29 to Oct 10th and the Inn at Morro Bay was definitely one of our favorites of the trip.

Driving onto the grounds of the property we were greeted with beautiful gardens and trees. Walking into the lobby area we were greeted by the friendly lady at the desk. (I wish I remembered her name and I'm sorry I don't, but she was very helpful and nice)

We were given a garden view room on the first floor. When we walked in the room we knew instantly that we wanted to stay another night at this inn. My husband immediately phoned the front desk and booked another night later in the week on our way back up the coast to SF. I don't think we've ever done that before. lol

Our first room was garden view our second room later in the week was full bay view, which was spectacular!

The rooms are well appointed and modern and other than the location and view they were pretty much identical in layout. The fireplace is a nice touch and sets a romantic mood. I really enjoyed the overall "feel" of the rooms, they were very warm and welcoming!

The bed is VERY comfortable and the wall of white plantation shutters keeps the room light and bright.
In the garden view room there was a counter area with sink and a fridge and coffee maker below. In the full view room there was a counter area but no sink, with a fridge and coffee maker below.

The bathrooms were small but how much time do you spend in there anyway? I've read some complaints about the lack of counter space in the bath and that is a slight issue but there is shelving less than 5' away in the closet so that worked out fine for us.

The pool and hottub area was fenced in and private...we pretty much had it to ourselves on the first night of our stay.

We dined at the restaurant the first evening and enjoyed our entrees very much. I had the shrimp cake sandwich and my husband had pasta with clams...both were very good.

Our second night we thoroughly enjoyed our full view room and would recommend spending the extra $$ to anyone considering a stay here. There is a bird sanctuary next door and we were entertained by the hundreds of different birds flying by and diving into the water to fish for their dinner. The sunset was spectacular also!

So in closing I would say if you're considering this hotel...I recommend you book it. You won't be disappointed. It has a lovely quiet location, it's very well appointed and clean and we had 2 very comfortable night stays here.

London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a night while driving up the Pacific coast highway between LA and San Francisco. When I drove in to the car park I could tell I had picked a good hotel. My room was great and had a nice balcony looking out over the pool. The staff were extreme,y welcoming when I checked in and when I visited reception to get advice on where to go in town. I didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the other facilities but the room and staff were great. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
JohnIAMB, Director of Sales at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for posting such a nice review of your stay with us, we appreciate such positive feedback.

It is always our wish that our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing experience while staying with us and I am so glad to hear our staff met your needs.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

John Lozano
Director of Sales

Been to Inn at Morro Bay? Share your experiences!