We stayed one night in August as part of a trip from San Francisco to LA. The hotel is easy to find just off PCH, and I would personally rather stay just outside of the town of Morro Bay for convenience, particularly as we were only stopping the night. We did go into town to eat and it only took 5 minutes to get to,the waterfront.
The lady managing check in was friendly and efficient and we were in our room less than 5 minutes after arriving. The property is an older motel layout which is ideal as parking is right outside the room. Speaking of which, the room was clean, nicely furnished and had two comfortable queen beds. There was also a large flat screen TV, fridge and microwave.
We used the pool which was clean and tidy. There was a good selection of chairs and loungers and a grassy area with plenty of flowers. The owners clearly make extra effort to uphold an above average standard of presentation.
Breakfast the next day was acceptable. Juices, coffee, make you own waffles and a selection of cereals, bread and pastry. Some kind of fresh fruit salad (pineapple, melon etc.) would have been perfect for my tastes and was something we did see at some (not all) of other similar properties we stayed at but for a complimentary breakfast I have no complaints.
Overall, a nice place to stay that I would gladly return to and recommend to others.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western El Rancho Hotel Morro Bay
- Best Western El Rancho Hotel
- Best Western Morro Bay
- Morro Bay Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN El Rancho!Escape to this Morro Bay, California hotel offering comfortable and affordable accommodations near Hearst Castle, Morro Bay Beach and Cal Poly University. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN El Rancho where guests will receive personalized customer service, quiet accommodations and find unbeatable amenities for an affordable price. Newly refurbished, this California Best Western hotel offers convenient access to many local attractions, shopping and dining options in and around Morro Bay. Guests staying at this Morro Bay hotel will enjoy single story accommodations with well-appointed guest rooms featuring cable television, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board, DVD player with complimentary movie rentals and free high-speed Internet access. Dining is made easy with the hotel's complimentary hot breakfast and a restaurant right across the parking lot as well as 2 patios with BBQ grills for our guests' use. The outdoor heated swimming pool provides a great place for guests to unwind and refresh. For added convenience, the BEST WESTERN El Rancho offers large vehicle parking. Pets are also welcome at this Morro Bay hotel, for a small fee of $12.00 per pet per night, providing the hotel has prior notification of the pet's arrival as only a portion of the rooms are pet friendly.There is no better lodging choice than the BEST WESTERN El Rancho when visiting Morro Bay. Located midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, guests at the hotel will have convenient access to a variety of area attractions including views of the Pacific Ocean. Spend an afternoon touring nearby Hearst Castle or San Luis Obispo Mission, exploring Morro Bay Rock, biking or hiking through Morro Bay State Park or enjoying some beach fun at Atascadero State Beach. Cal Poly University and Cuesta College are both located close by making the BEST WESTERN El Rancho ideal lodging when touring the campus or visiting friends. The caring staff at the AAA-3 Diamond BEST WESTERN El Rancho is ready to ensure an enjoyable stay in Morro Bay, California. Make a reservation today and save! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Best Western and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN El Rancho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.