“Warning: Stay away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
NYC
“Warning: Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

booked this hotel months in advance. smelled gas from the wall heater. the manager/owner came in to turn off the gas and advised me not to turn on the heater. he did not offer to change my room. being late at night, i slept with the windows wide open, hoping that i be moved to another room. the following day, i asked to be moved to another room but he kicked me out of the hotel instead. should have called 911 on him.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Perris, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am not sure what place the others with low scores were rating. I am sure if you spend all your time in a hotel you will be very picky. When I go on a trip, the hotel room is a place to rest after a busy day. The hotel is steps away from the shops on the bay, was fairly quiet even though the parking lot was filled to capacity, and was clean and comfortable. There was a refrigerator in the room with wi if that worked perfectly each time I used it. We enjoyed our stay in Morro Bay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wasn't expecting much here during a one-night stay in MB. Ended up getting less. Though its only a block from the waterfront with good restaurants and sites, this place was bad. Here's the list
- paper thin walls
- a front door that had obviously been smashed in before
- lights that didn't work
- a few channels on their poor tv setup
- the worst wifi connection I've ever seen. Why even advertise that you have wifi when it's that crappy and unreliable?
- room not ready for move-in as advertised.
I could go on but what's the point. Pass this place up or go camp in the nearby state park.

• Stayed July 2013
Visalia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

OK what I have read here is not true about rude staff and being a dump? We stayed here and if your nice to the staff there very friendly. Yes it could use updating and so can all the bargin motels at Morro Bay and Pismo and most beach motels. If you want nice then pay for it. Sea Air Inn was clean had all you needed for a stay, great location walking distance anywhere and they aloud us to leave our car in the parking lot after we checked out for a couple hours to shop. They have no swimming pool or air conditioner so make sure its not hot there, at least its only hot there a few days a year. We stayed there June 29.2013, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a top floor with bay view and front view of downtown room #116
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the kind of motel that crack prostitutes rent. There was mold in the bathroom...the bedspread and carpet were ancient and filthy. I can't believe Expedia even has it on their site. I walked in and walked out of the room and could not stay 10 minutes let alone a night. When I called Expedia to get my money back, they called the motel and then told me "they were unable to help me". Surprise, surprise. So I called my credit card company who is refunding my money. Expedia has had lots if my business in the past: they just lost a customer .

• Stayed April 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The motel is ok for a 1star hotel, if you are fine with unhonest & rude behavior of the hosts. The motel is not ok for disabled people - any requests are turned down commentless by the host.
The room was ok with a couple of things broken and mold in the shower.
Checking out we wanted to grab a cup of coffee - it is more water than coffee - we didn't drink it. The sweet breads were those of the packaged kind - dozens for 1 or 2 dollars. So in fact there is no eatable breakfast.
Location is fine. This hotel runs for 30 dollars on Priceline - at that price it was ok (if you're not disabled).

Room Tip: You won't be able to choose a room. The hosts are rude - the only thing the clerk told me three...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Morro Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Check in was fast and easy. Staff were courteous and attentive. Great location. Shower water had a consistent temperature where as other hotels I've stayed at water would go from hot to cold and cold to hot spontaneously. So I loved the shower water staying at a consistant temp. I'd of given of 5 star rating except that the beds mattress was a bit to hard and a little lopsided but I'd definitely stay there again, everything else made my stay we'll worth it :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Sea Air Inn Morro Bay? Share your experiences!