“Was Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 29 hotels in Morro Bay
Visalia, California
“Was Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

OK what I have read here is not true about rude staff and being a dump? We stayed here and if your nice to the staff there very friendly. Yes it could use updating and so can all the bargin motels at Morro Bay and Pismo and most beach motels. If you want nice then pay for it. Sea Air Inn was clean had all you needed for a stay, great location walking distance anywhere and they aloud us to leave our car in the parking lot after we checked out for a couple hours to shop. They have no swimming pool or air conditioner so make sure its not hot there, at least its only hot there a few days a year. We stayed there June 29.2013, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a top floor with bay view and front view of downtown room #116
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the kind of motel that crack prostitutes rent. There was mold in the bathroom...the bedspread and carpet were ancient and filthy. I can't believe Expedia even has it on their site. I walked in and walked out of the room and could not stay 10 minutes let alone a night. When I called Expedia to get my money back, they called the motel and then told me "they were unable to help me". Surprise, surprise. So I called my credit card company who is refunding my money. Expedia has had lots if my business in the past: they just lost a customer .

• Stayed April 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The motel is ok for a 1star hotel, if you are fine with unhonest & rude behavior of the hosts. The motel is not ok for disabled people - any requests are turned down commentless by the host.
The room was ok with a couple of things broken and mold in the shower.
Checking out we wanted to grab a cup of coffee - it is more water than coffee - we didn't drink it. The sweet breads were those of the packaged kind - dozens for 1 or 2 dollars. So in fact there is no eatable breakfast.
Location is fine. This hotel runs for 30 dollars on Priceline - at that price it was ok (if you're not disabled).

Room Tip: You won't be able to choose a room. The hosts are rude - the only thing the clerk told me three...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Morro Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Check in was fast and easy. Staff were courteous and attentive. Great location. Shower water had a consistent temperature where as other hotels I've stayed at water would go from hot to cold and cold to hot spontaneously. So I loved the shower water staying at a consistant temp. I'd of given of 5 star rating except that the beds mattress was a bit to hard and a little lopsided but I'd definitely stay there again, everything else made my stay we'll worth it :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I will make one positive comment - the location was great - only two blocks to the bay.
The rest echoes what other tripadvisor reviews highlight. I arrived at the property around 1 am. I had called in earlier in the evening to let the receptionist know that I will be coming past 1 am. It was a cold night, and the front office was closed with the lights off. Good thing I had the phone number of the receptionist - so I thought. We called the number - no answer whatsoever. We knocked on the door and repeatedly pushed the front office chime - after perhaps 15 - 20 minutes, a man finally came out. He was sleeping. I do apologize for coming late, but this was a frightening experience.
The property itself is basic - much more stripped than cheap motel chains. The staircases are skimpy (don't slip in between), and the room - it's carpeted, and I didn't quite manage to trust the beddings. There was a musky smell in the room. Window is thin, space is tiny, and bathroom needs updating. The heater is a gas heater on the wall - very outdated.
If you plan to spend any time to lounge in your hotel room, this isn't the place you're looking for. If you're traveling somewhere and need some stopover - you could consider this location, because everywhere else is basically overpriced. Be ready to hit those front office chimes though!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Good location. Rooms are outdated. Decor is old and ran down. Walls and door are peeling. Walls are paper thin. Mold in the bathroom. In the bottom rooms you could see leaks in the ceiling. Wouldn't recommend staying down stairs as the ceiling looks like it is ready to fall through. Lobby has a very strong aroma of curry.

• Stayed January 2013
Morro Bay, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is just absolutely terrible. Not only do they refuse to switch rooms to a room with two beds (we had our daughter with us) without a $20 fee, the staff gave absolutely horrible service. We arrived at around 9PM and had to ring the doorbell and wait for around five minutes before anyone even opened the door. Then the staff was rude and said there were no roll-out beds available (not the most important point) but then when we asked for the free-wifi password he refused to write it down for us and just slapped down a piece of scrap paper in front of us and proceeded to say the password in a rapid fire we couldn't get down. We were getting pretty annoyed and then when we asked him to repeat it he refused and raised his voice and began yelling at us for not being satisfied. The final straw was when he cursed at us (repeatedly, thinking we couldn't hear) and our daughter was right there within earshot. We had booked this place on Priceline, so when we asked for our money back as a result the reception guy flat out refused to and claimed that he couldn't because we didn't pay them directly (what kind of excuse is that). But it was getting late and we were tired and didn't want to bother anymore.

Aside from terrible service, the rooms are nothing to look at either. It was clean (I guess) but old, and small and cramped with dingy lighting. The curtains were ragged. The soundproofing is terrible and whenever any of our neighbors opened and closed their doors we could feel the entire floor shake.

Don't stay here if you want to remain in a good mood and get a good night's rest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Air Inn Morro Bay? Share your experiences!