“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Street Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morro Bay
Marina Street Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Marina Street Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
305 Marina Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Norco
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We have been to Morro Bay before, but were looking for a B&B this time.
What a wonderful find. We went with another couple and they loved it too.
Claudia, the owner, is lovely, and the rooms were so comfortable and well decorated. The breakfasts were really delicious, especially the french toast!!

We have already booked our next visit. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Shari Hilditch

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I came here for two nights-New Year's Eve and Day-and had an amazing time at our very first Bed and Breakfast. The room exceeded my expectations in its loveliness (see my pics). The shower--ahhh, I can't remember the last time I had such a good shower! The house dog, Trapp, is adorable. He is very quiet and gentle in his quest for attention and will sneak up and glue his head to your leg. I am crazy for him! Our host Joe was very nice, laid back, attentive, and, I must add, a fine cook! He made an exceptional quiche the first morning. The coffee was quite good too, so I got many refills :) Thanks Joe! There was also wine and snacks each evening in the living room, which was a nice touch (especially by the fire!)

I love the randomness of hanging out with other guests in what feels like somebody's house. The B&B experience is just so much more memorable and unique than a hotel. As my boyfriend put it, it's like a hostel for older people. Well, we're 30 and 32, but perhaps we've outgrown the hostel scene. I can't wait to try other B&Bs now, but I imagine it'll be hard to top our first! Morro Bay is lovely too. There are some awesome birding spots in the area, including Sweet Springs Nature Preserve, which was great even in the rain!

The only negative things I can think of were: 1) the view of the rock from the room wasn't much of a view (unless you like utility wires! see pic) and 2) I got meat on my plate both mornings even though I specified that I'm a vegetarian. But I'll still give it five stars, or circles rather! ;)

*I should also mention, cause I know I often find this info missing when I'm researching, that the rate was $140/night for the Bordeaux Room and there was a 13% tax.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I can't say enough how quaint and romantic this B&B is. The rooms are lovely, the location is perfect, and the staff is as friendly as they come. We arrived late and unfortunately were unable to enjoy the included wine on the back patio, but breakfast was simply delicious and obviously home made. The room was spotless and well decorated. There was even an assortment of DVD's in the credenza for the TV/DVD player. Overall the Morro Bay area was just what I was looking for and a perfect romantic stop on the way up or down the coast. I only wished I could have arrived sooner and spent a full day exploring Morro Bay and all it has to offer. I don't think there could be a better option to stay and for a reasonable price. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

We stayed in the Bordeaux room which had a nice view of the rock from the balcony. This place was quiet and nicely decorated. It also had a decent-sized bathroom. Claudia was a saint. She's truly a blessing to all her guests. I'd go back to stay there on my next trip to Morro Bay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
LA, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Our stay at Marina Street Inn Bed and Breakfast was a delight! The owner, Claudia, is the supreme hostess and provides her guests with charming accommodations in her four bedroom inn. Each room has a theme, and ours had a view of Morro Rock. Claudia is an excellent cook as well and makes gourmet breakfasts for the guests each morning. Eating fabulous food and chatting with the other guests was a great way to start each day. Claudia is a wealth of info on what to do in the area. As an artist, I wanted to find scenic areas to paint and she knew where I should go to find them. The inn is just two blocks from the ocean with a great view of Morro rock, so we rarely had to use our car to go for meals or a stroll along the beach. The happy hour each day in the living room of the inn was a great time to share our day's adventures with the other guests. Our stay with the perfect blend of privacy and stimulating interaction with the other guests. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and plan to go back soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Staying at the Marina Street Bed and Breakfast is like going to visit your favorite Great Aunt. It is charmingly decorated with the lovely antiques, china and bibelots the owner, Claudia Foster, has collected over the years. Each morning brings a different table setting of china and linens and I have never had a more delicious or well-presented breakfast.

While the house looks old, it was built in 1991 I believe, with good soundproofing. This is the second visit my husband and I have made and have never been troubled by noise. The English cottage garden is beautiful and a relaxing place to sit when it is warm enough.

Claudia always has a nice afternoon snack and wine and seems happy to visit with the guests. This is the best place to rest, relax and do nothing! Of course there are sights to see and things to do if you must - my husband enjoys playing golf at the rustic course at Morro Bay State Park.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lausanne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I echo all the other reviews! This is a great B&B and one that I would recommend to a friend wanting to get away for the weekend or taking a roadtrip along the CA coast. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great! Claudia is a great host!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marina Street Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!