“Really ? #2” 2 of 5 stars

You added Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn to your Saves list
Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   540 Main Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Offers & Announcements
2 Free Aquarium Tickets !
Ranked #17 of 29 hotels in Morro Bay
Vernon, Canada
“Really ? #2”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Are we having an earthquake or did someone in another unit flush a toilet.
As you will note from my previous reviews, I am not in the habit of writing bad reviews however
I must echo a previous reviewer' s comments. Perhaps we had the same room ,seat covers and all. I knew by the reviews that I was not getting a 4 star booking but this place is way overpriced. If you want to visit Morro, book a nice hotel for the same price in san Luis abispo..
Ok, it is clean but far from quiet.. If you are on the first floor and shrek just checked into the room above you, good luck.
Not recommended by me.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mihir P, Manager at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hello There,

Wow, I am surprised ! I am also sorry that the guest above you was, as you put it, "shrek". Generally we dont get too many "shreks" but unfortunately on your trip you got one. Next time just let me know and I will put you on the top. Have a great day ahead! Thank you for the review.

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were travelling down the N.Pacific highway to LA. It was fine for one night but wouldn't want to stay any longer.

Room decor was tired, and the bathroom felt quite dirty. Shower wouldn't have been very good had I needed to wash my hair. Good size room though and as I say, fine for a place to crash.

Nice location and in walking distance to the restaurants down at the dock.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello There,

Thank you so much for your input. we will most definitely look into the matter and fix up whatever may be needed to make you feel at home. We hope to see you next time. Have a good day.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Morro bay is a lovely place and everyone we met was really helpful and friendly but its like being in a different world. We drove up in 104 degrees but 3 miles out we hit the mist and lost visibility, sun and heat. The inn is really central and you can walk to ever thing you need. The room was clean and wifi easy to access and appreciated. There was a fridge and coffee machine. All you need for a short stay. However breakfast was dismal. We didnt bother. Went to bakery on waterfront instead.

Hello There,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate it as well as our staff. Have a wonderful day ahead and we hope to see you next time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

An older motel but the room was clean and comfortable with plenty of towels coffee machine and well stocked bathroom
A problem with the TV was fixed promptly by a pleasant young man and we had a good night's sleep listening to the seals in the bay

Hello There,

That TV had a life of its own on that day. I am glad we got it taken care of. Have a wonderful day ahead and we hope to see you next time.

central valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The room was spotless which I appreciate more then more modern furniture. The location was great and the area was really quiet which we appreciated.
The bed was really comfortable. We stayed in May and will be coming back.

Room Tip: If you want a fancy motel room it is not for you. It is very clean and quiet the furniture is a bit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here this past weekend. It was worth every penny. My only concern was the stain on the carpet at the entrance of the room. Run a shampooing machine and there would be no issue. I like a firm bed and fluffy pillows, this place meets my bed requirements. The water was HOT, with the number of rooms on the property, up anticipated a hot water issue. There was also free WiFi, but I suggest you you use your cellular provider if you are using your smartphone, laptop or tablet, its may be a bit slow. one can not fault the hotel, could be the bandwidth of the ISP.
We love family businesses, this place DEFINITELY is that. The owners were kind. The older man, I, guess he was the father of the owner, was awesome. I would stay here again. The continental breakfast had muffins from Costco, there was freshly cut fruit, great coffee and cold cereal. If you are looking for a place to stay, pick this place. Don't give your money to La Quinta or EconoLodge down the street. Keep money local.

Hello There,

I am glad that you like the family businesses after all that is what keeps the city and america going.
Have a wonderful day ahead and we hope to see you next time.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here one night and it was more than perfect. The only thing I'd make a negative comment on is the breakfast (which we didn't have because it was more than basic, almost non-existent: just juice, coffee in the reception area which is very small. The non-existent breakfast is a shame. But the room (upper floor) was very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello There,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you for the breakfast input I will most definitely look into it. I truly appreciate it as well as our staff. Have a wonderful day ahead and we hope to see you next time.

Sandpiper Staff

Been to Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn? Share your experiences!