“Ideal getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Front Street Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morro Bay
Front Street Inn & Spa
1140 Front St., Unit C, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Central Coast, NSW, Australia
“Ideal getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Driving from San Francisco to Los Angeles this is a perfect stopover point. This was a perfect hotel to stay in with magnificent views of Morro Rock and the harbour. We even got used to the seals barking during the night, just made it more atmospheric.....

Lovely clean and well furnished room, and we were made to feel very welcome.

Would recommend to couples of any age.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
kailua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the lovely Big Sur room. Loved the redwood decor, the photographs and furnishings. Made me feel like I really had traveled to Big Sur. The room was very clean and comfortable and the view of morro rock and the harbor was unbelievable. We loved sitting on the couch and watching the people on the harbor walk and all the boating activity. There are commercial boats that catch crab, black cod and prawns. You can buy these fresh at the local fish market up the street. Everything is within walking distance. It was great to leave the car parked while we explored on foot. Had my birthday dinner at Frankie and Lola's. next door. The food was very good, but the service was slow. Oh well, just gave us more time for our botle of wine.
The Spa part of Front Street Inn is called BayBeauty Spa. We had a wonderful couples massage in a special room with Ann and Jeanette. They made us feel very welcome and comfortable. I also had a facial with Val. My skin never felt better.
All in all we loved Morro Bay and the Front Street Inn & Spa. Hope to return for my birthday next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Hideaway is a wonderful place to escape to!( My husband says I'm funny in My head!) Really beautifully designed! I can't wait to go back!!! And....Windows on the Water for dinner...be sure to get there way before sunset!

Room Tip: Both rooms quite nice. We had a private staircase, but the other has an elevator!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The wife and I got a couples hour-long massage in the Spa, and got a tour of the hotel. Will decidedly return to this property... The ladies that did the message were great - just the right amount of pressure and worked all the knots out of my neck and back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a wonderful stay in the Big Sur room, I chose that one because I liked the slightly rustic feel to the furniture. Very roomy, comfortable and clean. Big couch, comfy chairs for relaxing and enjoying the view - or the tv I suppose, we didn't have it on much! Comfortable king size bed. The room was very quiet, at night with the windows open we heard only an occasional seal barking. Perfect. I expected to hear early morning cooking noises from the bakery downstairs, but we didn't. The Inn is right on the embarcadero, great location and view. A very short walk to restaurants and shops, little longer walk to the rock and the beach. Spacious, private, quiet, convenient location - we found it to be just as advertised. A perfect fit for the friendly beach atmosphere of Morro Bay. We'll be back!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Wonderful place. Get the "Hideaway" if it's available. I tried to reserve it online, but website said it was booked. Turned out it wasn't. Looked at them both, Hideaway is much larger and the private entrance was nice. The Big Sur room is right off the spa lobby which I doubt is a problem because I imagine the lovely spa is quiet even if it were busy. Only thing not mentioned, though you can kind of see it in the pictures, the great view looks out across a small parking lot and the road.I almost don't want to mention this small caveat. It sounds worse than it is, the view is amazing. There was a cool old telescope to watch fishing boats come in as well as sea lions, birds and otters.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Los
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Front Street Inn is comprised of two separate rooms on the second floor of a basic mini-mall. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the rooms are very cozy, spacious, and inviting. Both have king beds with cushy pillows and comforters, and comfortable places to sit and enjoy the great view of the main street, boats, and ocean. We could hear the sea lions barking outside and a distant fog horn during the night. Very cool, as well as soothing, to urban ears.

We stayed in the Hideaway, which had a king bed, two sofas (one in front of the tv and another that faced the view), a gas fireplace, a small fridge and coffee pot, and a large bathroom with jetted tub. It was very comfortable. I had the feeling that I was staying at a friend's really awesome guest room, not a hotel, which we happen to appreciate.

The only small detail that I would change is the bedding. My husband probably thinks I'm ridiculous but the proprietors really ought to consider non-printed, solid sheets. Floral bedding seemed a bit too homey and odd in a rented room.

Last thing I need to mention is that the French bakery on the first floor has delicious pastries and cookies. As a bakery snob I know what I'm talking about! It's a perfect breakfast option.

All in all, Front Street Inn was a wonderful place to stay and we plan to go back as soon as we're able.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Front Street Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!