“Front Street Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Front Street Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morro Bay
Front Street Inn & Spa
1140 Front St., Unit C, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Anaheim, California
“Front Street Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had a wonderful stay in the Big Sur room, I chose that one because I liked the slightly rustic feel to the furniture. Very roomy, comfortable and clean. Big couch, comfy chairs for relaxing and enjoying the view - or the tv I suppose, we didn't have it on much! Comfortable king size bed. The room was very quiet, at night with the windows open we heard only an occasional seal barking. Perfect. I expected to hear early morning cooking noises from the bakery downstairs, but we didn't. The Inn is right on the embarcadero, great location and view. A very short walk to restaurants and shops, little longer walk to the rock and the beach. Spacious, private, quiet, convenient location - we found it to be just as advertised. A perfect fit for the friendly beach atmosphere of Morro Bay. We'll be back!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Wonderful place. Get the "Hideaway" if it's available. I tried to reserve it online, but website said it was booked. Turned out it wasn't. Looked at them both, Hideaway is much larger and the private entrance was nice. The Big Sur room is right off the spa lobby which I doubt is a problem because I imagine the lovely spa is quiet even if it were busy. Only thing not mentioned, though you can kind of see it in the pictures, the great view looks out across a small parking lot and the road.I almost don't want to mention this small caveat. It sounds worse than it is, the view is amazing. There was a cool old telescope to watch fishing boats come in as well as sea lions, birds and otters.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Los
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Front Street Inn is comprised of two separate rooms on the second floor of a basic mini-mall. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the rooms are very cozy, spacious, and inviting. Both have king beds with cushy pillows and comforters, and comfortable places to sit and enjoy the great view of the main street, boats, and ocean. We could hear the sea lions barking outside and a distant fog horn during the night. Very cool, as well as soothing, to urban ears.

We stayed in the Hideaway, which had a king bed, two sofas (one in front of the tv and another that faced the view), a gas fireplace, a small fridge and coffee pot, and a large bathroom with jetted tub. It was very comfortable. I had the feeling that I was staying at a friend's really awesome guest room, not a hotel, which we happen to appreciate.

The only small detail that I would change is the bedding. My husband probably thinks I'm ridiculous but the proprietors really ought to consider non-printed, solid sheets. Floral bedding seemed a bit too homey and odd in a rented room.

Last thing I need to mention is that the French bakery on the first floor has delicious pastries and cookies. As a bakery snob I know what I'm talking about! It's a perfect breakfast option.

All in all, Front Street Inn was a wonderful place to stay and we plan to go back as soon as we're able.

• Stayed December 2011
yosemite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Wow, what a special place, the view is out of this world, the room is so so comfortable, & the aroma of the French bakery downstairs (Deborah & husband) is truly amazing, and the owners of the Front Street Inn & Spa - Tom & Val (Lulu - the dog) are TOPS!! just what it takes to make a memorable stay. We can't say enough good things.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms both are great
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Shafter CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This little cozy, clean, friendly, place is my favorite in Morro Bay. I will always stay there when I am in town. Thank you ladies for the wonderful hospitality and all the wonderful basket of goodies in our room along with the juice and water...Oh and the free cinnamon rolls are also delicious.

Room Tip: All of them are great but #10 with 2 full size beds upstairs is great, I have also stayed on the one...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Our hosts were great. The room is just like the web site with a fabulous view. The bakery next door was great too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

This tiny inn is my favorite place to stay in Morro Bay. The husband and wife owners are nice and the prices are quite reasonable for the beachfront location. You can walk to all the shops on the Embarcadero but you are closer to Morro Rock so it's a bit quieter near the inn. Bed was comfy, bathroom was clean and modern. They don't offer breakfast but there is a little pastry shop next door and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. I love the view of the harbor from the room. Definitely look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Book in advance! Small inn fills up fast!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Front Street Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!