“Masterpiece in Morro Bay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Masterpiece Hotel

You added Masterpiece Hotel to your Saves list
Masterpiece Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1206 Main St, Morro Bay, CA 93442 (Formerly El Morro Masterpiece Motel)   |
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Masterpiece in Morro Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have visited the El Morro Masterpiece Motel on two occasions in the past couple of months and have not been disappointed. Located on Main Street with easy access to the highway, the Masterpiece Motel is more of hotel than motel. On my first three night visit I was pleasantly surprised at how large my room was (#227). Bed was very comfortable with nice soft pillows. Lots of towels, two bathrobes and shampoo/conditioner/body lotion was provided. There is also a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. I was initially attending a photography event in Morro Bay and on a tight budget, so having the ability to microwave frozen dinners was awesome. A very nice breakfast is available in the lobby consisting of pastries, boiled eggs, a selection of cereals, fruit and a waffle maker and in the evenings there is wine and cheese. There is a small indoor pool which I did not use, but it looked very nice. The desk staff are friendly and efficient. On my second visit I was given a free upgrade to the same room I had previously, so was nicely surprised by that gesture. Any time I visit Morro Bay in the future I will stay here for sure, as you can not beat the location, value and service.

Room Tip: I stayed on upper level on the side (#227). Room was quiet and I slept like a log!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Masterpiece Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your patronage and hope next time you'll bring your swim suit so you can enjoy our deluxe hydrotherapy spa.

Happy travels,
Masterpiece Motel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Warrensburg, Mo.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stopped here one night and found the place to be well kept, clean and friendly. Although it was small, the included breakfast was good. When we arrived to the room we had trouble with the tv and Elizabeht the great front desk clerk offered my friend another room to finish watching her show. We had a great stay. thank you

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
mamamorro, G.M.Assistant at Masterpiece Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
We are so happy to read of enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to once again providing you with excellent customer service and comfortable accomodations.

Happy Travels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We had a great time staying here. the room was nice and clean. The price was right. The wine reception was also nice. It was nothing fancy but it was nice to come back to after a long day walking around Morro Bay. The breakfast was really nice. Fresh waffle bar and plenty of other goodies. The staff was great too....The one bad thing about the room was that the heater was stuck on high and we had to use the fan and the fan squeked.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Masterpiece Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
The Masterpiece Motel was happy to read of your pleasant stay with us. We are sorry about the heater and fan issues. Our maintenance department has been notified of the problems. We look forward to providing you with excellent customer service and a comfortable stay the next time you are in Morro Bay.

Happy Travels
loomis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We arrived at 5:00 pm and no one was at the front desk. A note was there saying the desk clerk was assisting other guests. (we didn't see any). There was wine in the lobby so we helped ourselves after a 7 hour drive. The wine was basically fruit juice. After 25 minutes elapsed, the desk clerk finally arrived reeking of cigarette smoke (a non-smoking hotel by the way) and when I asked about the packages they offered, she had no idea about what we were asking about and had to refer to a book which means to me she didn't know her job very well. Whatever she was terrible, when we got to the room (so disappointed that it smelled funny - I guess I am used to better hotels/inns) we tried to watch tv. I am used to just turning on the power button but we couldn't get any channels. I called Nikki the front desk clerk and she said to turn on the box button too, so I did that and I still could not get any channels and she informed me that she would have to come up and that even though she did not own a tv that she could fix it - I guess I was too stupid! So apparently you had to slid some button on the remote over to the left and I guess I should have known that but I swear I am just used to turning on the power button. Well she succeeded in making me feel so stupid.
Now as I am trying to sleep, the noise outside is so loud - a combo of a roller coaster chain or a jackhammer. I will never stay here again and is there any way to get out of staying here another night?????? We signed up for two nights - ugh!!!!!! As far as cleanliness goes = there is wine on the bathroom door.

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

You have to stay in the Jacuzzi suite. They really go out of their way with the romance. The Roman spa downstairs is almost big enough to swim in. The breakfast area/cheese and wine worth sticking around for. The staff was very friendly. Out of our four day romantic trip, this was my favorite and also the least expensive.

• Stayed February 2012
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Masterpiece Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay with us. The Jacuzzi suite is awesome. We are so glad you enjoyed it. Our complementary deluxe breakfast and wine and cheese will be here for you next time. You can also sign up to receive our Repeat Guest specials on our website for exclusive offers.

Happy travels,
The Masterpeice Motel
Watkins Glen NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

What a great little Hotel. Immaculately clean, big room, wine and cheese every night was great, breakfast was fine to start the day. Slower time of year so we had the Roman Baths to ourselves every night. Just short walk each day to Waterfront, we will come again. Staff was helpful and friendly and even gave us hiking maps to state park nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Masterpiece Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for the lovely review. It is our pleasure to provide each of our guests with a memorable stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Happy Travels,
Masterpiece Motel
Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on the drive over the pch; good value. The room was enormous, slightly cheesy decor but nice enough.

Would happily stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2011
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at Masterpiece Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
The Masterpiece will be here for you on your next visit to our beautiful area.

Happy Travels,

El Morro Masterpiece

Been to Masterpiece Hotel? Share your experiences!