“Simple, affordable, personal” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“Simple, affordable, personal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

La Serena is a couple of blocks from Morro Bay, within sight of Morro Rock. It was very affordable compared to most of the other places, and it was exceedingly clean. The room was comfortable, and we spent a very enjoyable night there. We walked to Morro Bay and could hear the seals and seagulls calling across the water when we opened our windows.
We left a stuffed animal at the hotel...a potential crisis! But as soon as I emailed, someone contacted me and assured me the beloved "pet" would be mailed the next day, only after I properly identified the animal in question. I loved this personal touch and the fact that it wasn't a corporate chain that didn't care how we were treated. The whole thing was great.No pool, but they did have a real sauna.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dear Simple, affordable, personal,
OMG, I lay myself at your feet for four stars. Oh, wait, you gave us five! I am so grateful you got your stuffed animal back from us. Actually, I wanted to keep it, but my daughter got jealous and my wife said, how could you, you told me you are not a cat burglar.

No, we’re not a corporate chain, we have five places, may get three or four more, but honest, I’m getting burned out. Finally, I love San Diego, my daughter did college there, and she got an A in suntan, and a B-plus in boyfriends.

We are now inviting bird-lovers and I’ll bet you’re one, Queen Geek, even if it’s just on your I-Pod. Check out our newest web-site: it’s in hot pink, with a great design. And click on A Love Story, it’s romantic.
Louis Bartfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

I was returning to Morro Bay to visit family, so was primarily just looking for a place to stay. Everything was up to par as far as I'm concerned, but I was especially impressed with the front desk service. The gentleman at the desk was cheerful, friendly, and helpful.
Overall, I would recommend La Serena to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dear Great Service,
I am growing crazy here, trying to answer complaints, and all I get are compliments.

May I quote you: “Overall, I would recommend La Serena to anyone. Hey, Chicago Family, guess what, I grew up in Chicago, went to Lane Tech, played high school football and rowed on a high school crew. Hung out in Little Italy, used to walk by the Biograph Theater where Dillinger was shot. Had a girl friend at the University of Chicago on the South Side. Met Robert Hutchins, famous chancellor from there.

Went from Chicago to Camp Grant and served in the army. I’ll show you around Chicago, next time I’m there. Not in the winter, thank you.

Glad you enjoyed our place and the gentleman at the front desk. Don’t mention his name, he might want a raise. Oh, your family in Morro Bay – they understand good weather.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

Excellent location, clean well-maintained rooms, adequate continental breakfast. Overall an excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dear Very Nice for the Price,
Thanks for the five stars, and wow, you’re from LA so you know class when you see it.
I went to UCLA, great school, glad they didn’t kick me out when I complained one day that the ocean was fogged in and I couldn’t see the waves from up there on the hill.

We will continue to provide you with the values you seemed appreciated. And I’m so grateful for the accolade, I bet people really read this stuff. Wish they’d taught me a little grammar and formality when I was there, I was too busy hoping we could once in a while kick USC’s butt in football, with scant success.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

La Serena Inn Staff Was None To Kind
But if You're Lucky One Can Leave That Memory Behind
So here come the La Serena Inn review. One little Inn next to The Rock and PG& EX., that One would never boat out to sea. There are hills by the La Serena Inn with so much voltage on it, that if One were to have some kin, they would be born with an extra limb. So One wonders down & around the way in Morro Uptight Bay, but never quite Bodhi right & that is the moment the La Serena Inn showed up in lights. Now One cannot expect to much, but this One knew how to do it up. The rooms were spacious & this Bodhi got to jump on the bed. Never once did I bump my head. So I liked the decor as it was warm & gentle. I liked the room, in the fact that the temperature was anything but temperamental. I liked the bath in it's own private way & that's as good as One observed while at this stay. I even had a dream there about walking through Grant's tomb. But in every place I go there is this beware! Never roam around without clothing to spare, if you know what the camera shy Bodhi means! Wink! Wink! So if you can stay away from the lamenting, non navy approved dentist & if you are anything but a seven day preventist, this is One to get a chance, but make sure your conscious is clear of city-flied circumstance. One of several Bodhi points of beware. The Taverns & Saloons in Morro Bay are One of the defining stay away. The identity situation is always a red alert. Be careful One stays away from used bed skirts. So this One gets a thumbs up for just One day. That is about how long the residents prefer One to stay.
Lots of Traveling Bliss,
Bodhi M. Scarlett
June 17th, 2009

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Dear One For the La Serena, Although it is Morro Bay

Thanks for the three stars, Bodhi M. Scarlett. You loved our place, thank you. You jumped on the bed and didn’t hit your head on ceiling. OMG, if you did my insurance rates would have gone up. I have to hurry with more Tempur-Pedic to dampen down the springiness. Oh, well, a little sacrifice for a good night’s sleep.

You liked the décor, you liked everything about the place, but you were upset because you couldn’t roam around Morro Bay naked? I’m sorry, if I had my way, you could, but local police somewhat up-tight.

Thanks for the positive review. Next time please write another novel, it was honestly the best reading I’ve seen on a review. True bliss to you, and next time please dream about the Washington monument instead of Grant’s tomb, it’s more Freudian. Om, Om, Om,

The World!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

The timing of year was perfect as the Serena Inn was at its best rates. This hotel is within walking distance from great restaurants, the harbour, cute boutique shops etc. Great launching base to be able to explore Hearst Castle to the north (about 45 minutes drive). Morro Bay is such a quaint, quiet town such a great stop along the Central Coast!! They also have 2 sister hotels in town one of which we used the hot tub there one evening. Was walking distance 4 blocks away. Breakfast is small (toast, cereal, juice, coffee, muffins, danish). They have 2 outdoor patio/sundecks.

• Stayed April 2009
Dear Best Place to Stay in Morro Bay,

Thank you, world traveler, you are embarrassing me with all these compliments and five star reviews. How am I supposed to respond to complaints if all I’m getting are compliments?

Are you on our payroll, I just checked, no, so thank you for your objectivity. And thank you for pointing out and taking advantage of our two sister motels, where you even used the spa, probably at the San Marcos, where the spa is as big as a pool and has ocean views, or maybe the Masterpiece, where the Spa was designed by Dave Nowak in our company with life-size murals right out of Michael Angelo.

I can tell you’re art lover by the style of your writing and your desire to travel the world. I am truly grateful for your kind words.
Great Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

Rooms are clean and nice. It is close to Morro Rock. Nice hotel to stay. The hotel offers contonential breakfast and free internet

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Nice Hotel to Stay,

Oh, Good heavens, Transcental review. Five stars for value, for rooms, for local, for cleanliness, for service.

And you’re from Boston, where you know what is best? I am so flattered. Say hello to Beacon Hill, have a few sand dabs at Legal Sea Food, and please give my best to Mr. Ralph Waldo Emerson. I had the pleasure of hearing him make a speech at an auditorium in Ashland, Oregon – oh, wait, that was in my former life. Regards,
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Booked two rooms for two nights the week of March15. Got "special rate" by going
to website of hotel. Standard 2queen bed rooms on third floor were given. Check-in was
quick and reservations in order. Rooms were very nice ( I have stayed in up-graded room before and the main difference was small balcony). The continental breakfast is
on the third floor so it was great to walk out the door to get coffee and rolls and return
for in-room breakfast. Hours for breakfast are 7:30-10AM. The hotel and rooms continue
to be very clean and quiet. My wife loves the two wash basins in each room so we don't
have to share. Rooms are pretty large and the rate is great. Two blocks walk downhill to
the waterfront area where all the restaurants and shops are located.You are really centrally located. Plenty of parking with indoor garage as well. We are seniors and can
be very picky but this is a very quiet and safe hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Dear Great Value for Location,
Thank you for the five stars. Ho, hum, I’m getting so jaded with these great reviews. Are you kidding? No insomnia for me tonight. The check is in the mail. Seriously, I’m so glad you liked the rate, the two queen, I’m glad you enjoyed the small balcony (big enough for three if they cuddle?), and you appreciated that the rooms continue to be clean, so you’ve been here before.

And you liked the twin basins. Well, yes, we like our guests to have everything, spacious rooms, etc., you didn’t mention the great mattresses, ho hum, you took them for granted, didn’t you.

Thank you, again, you are very gracious, I may kid around a little, but I appreciate every word. And the staff does, believe me, they do, because they are very good and take pride in their work. Oh, yes “quiet and safe”, glad you noticed. Inside corridors!