“Nice Property in a Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Serena Inn to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   990 Morro Avenue, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Monterey
“Nice Property in a Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was the second time that I stayed at this hotel. Stayed on the second floor, room 217. It was a King room that looked south and had a balcony. The only bad part about that was it also looked out on a parking lot of the Rabobank and the drive-up teller window. Not a big deal though.
I like staying here for the free breakfast. They have a waffle maker and who, in their right mind, does not love a waffle maker? They also have cereals, fruit, coffee and juice, pastries, etc.
The room has a microwave oven and small refrigerator which is very handy. The free wi-fi is a good plus too! It worked flawlessly for me during the entire stay. The hotel is within walking distance of "downtown" and the water with all the restaurants from which to choose.
If you want a nicer view, get a room that looks directly at Morro Rock. There were a few little details about the room that I did not like but my traveling companion told me not to mention them because I would sound like a nit picker. So I will not mention them.

Room Tip: Get a room that looks directly at Morro Rock and you'll be fine!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We were so happy to know that you enjoy the waffles as much as we do. Be sure to call us direct so we can get into a room with a view of the rock next time.
Happy travels,
La Serena Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was such a pleasant surprise. It is very nicely decorated with pictures of birds (it's called the bird watcher's hotel). You can even borrow binoculars! The rooms are large, nicely furnished and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel staff is very friendly and the complimentary breakfast is in a nice large room. They even gave us a loyalty discount on our second stay. It is within walking distance to the water and shopping. We will be returning here often!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Come back and stay with us in January for our Winter Bird Festival here in Morro Bay. Call us direct for your favorite room. We look forward to seeing you again.
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This room was on the 3rd floor (a no pet floor, but a guy was walking his dog down the hall) and had a nice balcony with a full view of bay and rock. I think the room was 315...a corner suite. comfortable sofa, flar screen tv, fireplace, nice bathroom, fridge. A bit dated, but clean and acceptable for the price, I guess. Kids watching action movie next door and sound really came through the wall.Fortunately they were not up late. Same children running around breakfast room in the morning prompted me to take my meal back to the room. Only thing "special" about the breakfast was the waffles, which were good. The attendant to this breakfast room was on cellphone every time I was there. I don't think it was business. Good parking, nice desk staff. Oh...and the bed was the most comfortable one that we have ever slept on! I think it was a memory foam brand name.

Room Tip: Third floor is high enough to get a good view. Corner room (315 I think) had full view of bay &...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
The staff at the La Serena Inn thanks you for your input. Since your stay we have retrained our breakfast staff. We look forward to providing you with another good night's sleep on your next visit to our beautiful area.
Best regards,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Decent sized room, clean, and good location. Second sink in the shower/toilet area helpful when travelling with family. Fridge also good to have. Wifi was a bit unreliable though, but the kids always enjoy making their own waffles.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
The staff of the La Serena Inn thanks you for taking the time to let us know about your enjoyable stay. We also offer rooms for your 4 legged family members.

Best Regards,
Glendora, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

While visiting the area, we decided to stay overnight and didn't have a reservation and stopped in at La Serena Inn. The front desk clerk was really nice and helpful. The front lobby area was nice and clean with beverages and cookies. Definitely request a room on the bay side of the facility. We were originally given a room that overlooked the parking lot for the liquor store. However, the front desk clerk was more than willing to switch and it was worth it. We woke up with a view of Morro Rock.

The rooms are average and clean. The decor could use a little updating.

Overall our stay was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bay side of the facility.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are so happy to know we provided you with an enjoyable stay. Your right the view of Morro Rock in the morning is special. We look forward to providing you with excellent customer service again on your next visit.

Best regards,
Taft, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is nicer then most hotels in Morro Bay. This place is clean but could use a little updating. it's 2 blocks from the Main Street, but easy to walk to. Beds are comfortable, and they have a coffee machines, micro-waves and refrigerators in all rooms. They have separate rooms for pet friendly people., But best of all they have a continental breakfast. I had a small problem with the girl taking care of the breakfast area. I was trying to make a waffle in the waffle machine but the batter wasn't coming out of the dispenser. I went to the girl who was in another room and on her cell phone and asked for help. she blew me off by saying "just push the button" I had already done that and it wasn't working. After trying again and getting no where, I went back and said" could you come out and fix this" she reluctantly did, and I finally got my waffle, but I was upset. When I checked out, the girl at the front desk asked if I had any problems so I told her the story. Hopefully they will train there people that the hotel guests come first,, and not the cell phone.

Room Tip: if you don't have a pet -.don't take the pet rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
The staff at the La Serena Inn would like to apologize for the negative breakfast experience. Be assured your experience is not typical of the service given at the La Serena. Our General Manager has been notified and will address the issue. Thank you for your input, we hope you will return and give us another chance for a more pleasant breakfast.

Regards, La Serena Inn
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiance and I made a last minute decision to head to the coast for President's weekend. We found La Serena Inn because it was pet friendly. This hotel was great for what we needed and we will be back!

Room Tip: We had a view with a partial view of the famous Morro Rock. We enjoyed the view very much! Even if y...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks for the feedback regarding your stay with us. We are pet lovers ourselves and were so happy that we could provide lodging for both you and your pet. We'll be here for you on your next visit to our beautiful area.

La Serena Inn

Been to La Serena Inn? Share your experiences!