“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
phoenix, az
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

After being away for almost a year, I raved about this place and invited friends and family to breakfast this past week. We ordered. The servers were not very pleasant and the service was far below last year's great service. I ordered the cheese omelet hoping it had improved. It hadn't and even looked bad. Can't go wrong with the pancakes. Coffee needs to be upgraded. Also the dinnerware is looking it age. Lots of wear and tear. Needs some money pumped back into business. Oh, the views are terrific. Also the servers need a pep talk. Won't be back for awhile.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Moorpark, California
“Clam Chowder!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We lived in Morro Bay for ten years and this was our favorite place for clam chowder. On a visit back, we headed for Dorn's hoping it would be just as good as we remembered. It and the delicious sourdough bread were exactly the same - wonderful and so filling it makes a good meal without it costing a fortune. And did I mention the view? It's great!

Visited August 2013
“Not the best experience dining out.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The fried starters were both over cooked. My fish dish was very good and cooked properly. My wife's fish was under cooked and therefore not that great. She could not finish it but to the credit of our waitress, she took it off the bill. I would consider giving them a second chance if we go back to Morro Bay.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia, USA
“Our Favorite Central Coast Dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I visit Morro Bay as often as we can (from the East Coast) and this is a "must do" for us. An old school seafood restaurant on a little bluff overlooking Morro Rock, the sunsets are beautiful. It is not fine dining but it is wonderful and in the tradition of the old days when movie stars passed through on their way to Hearst Castle from Hollywood. Very good chowder, decent wine list and full bar, and wonderful and well prepared seafood specials, including local catches. Best sourdough bread around, too.

Visited August 2013
Fairfield, California
“Really Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Out motel suggested Dorn's. I like the ambience, the waiters were friendly, and the view was great. I actually really liked the clam chowder. I had low expectations because of the reviews. The bread was delicious. My seafood platter was great . I would highly suggest this place for dinner. Not cheap howevr.

• 4 of 5 stars Food