“Not worth the cost” 3 of 5 stars

The calamari cocktail
The lemondrop
The scalloped potatoes

What did not work:
The overcooked fish. A shame to overcook local fare which comes with a big price. The whole reason we came was a big disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas,Nv.
“Beautiful view, overcooked fish, horrible service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I have been to the Breakers many times over the years. I used to visit with Warren Dorn in the seventies. Always, the service was efficient and friendly. Not this time. Always, the fish was fresh and well cooked. Not this time. My Halibut (local) was way overcooked. The vegetables were properly steamed, but lacked imagination. They were very bland with absolutely nothing added for flavor. My server, Deborah, was a disaster. She acted as though someone had just passed away! I can still see her haunting face. She was flipant, insulting, and condescending. I would think, in this economy, they would be able to hire the best servers in town! The view of Morro Rock and the harbor is without question, the best in town. It is sad for me to see what has happened to my old place. Management had better get on it pronto! You might take a chance and see if they have corrected things. They used to be legendary. Wisefox, Las Vegas, Nv.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great breakfasts, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

My family has been going here for breakfast for years and years, every time we visit the Cayucos/Morro Bay area. We've never once been disappointed. The food is always good, and the service is always at least good, sometimes great. This last time, everything was perfect, including our super-nice waiter, finding answers to questions when he didn't have the answer himself. We always look forward to having breakfast here, and would always recommend it.

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Ynez, California
“great place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

It was our first time at Dorn's and we were with a large group. they were ready for us, the service was excellent and so was the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, CA
“Moderate upscale dining at the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

My husband and I made reservations and received a great table. I had salad and scallops. My husband soup and steak. The salad was very good - although pre-made. The scallops could have been seared better, but did taste good. The soup and steak were both great. The cocktails were a bit overpriced at $10/ea for this location. We would go back again!

• 4 of 5 stars Food