“Good Food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Crestline, California
“Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had clams and linguini. I should have worn a bib...lol.... When I was done eating there were little oil spots on my shirt. My wife was LHAF....The food was great...Great views.

Visited October 2013

Alhambra, California
“Great atmosphere, beautiful views, so-so food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

A group of us went to Fish Bonez after perusing the on-line menu and being enticed by the several lobster dishes offered. Two of the dishes were not even on the menu and after ordering the Lobster Cobb, the waiter came back and said it was not available because the lobster did not meet up to their standards. Funny thing is that another couple at our table ordered the steak AND lobster and, though it took an extra long time for them to receive their meal much after everyone else had received theirs, no mention of the standards issue related to their order was verbalized. Everyone agreed that the appetizer of roasted dates was the best thing ordered. We probably won't go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Clovis, California, United States
“Good restaurant that has the "Bonez" to be great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

When you first walk into the restaurant it's not that impressive, but as you go farther into the dining area the lighting shaped into jellyfish, and schools of fish is beautiful. The tables are simple with white paper as the tablecloth. We just walked in and were given a great table for four in the corner with beautiful views. Our waiter was nice and helpful. She told us about the specials and gave some recommendations for items were asked about on the menu. We all ordered something different and the food was excellent. The house salad was large and fresh and the cream of broccoli soup was very good. If you have your heart set on clam chowder you won't be able to order it. They cannot serve it because of an agreement with the restaurant downstairs. It wasn't a deal breaker for us. You can get clam chowder anywhere in Morro Bay. We ordered a bottle of wine which was promptly brought out in an ice bucket and our waiter offered a taste before pouring. During our meal, the chef came out to check on us and see if we liked the food. She genuinely cared about our opinions and our dining experience.
What could make this restaurant great: Put bread and butter on the table (you can order bread at a cost) or breadsticks. People expect this and it gives everyone something to nibble on while reading the menu. Use cloth napkins instead of paper-not that big of a deal but nicer. The timing in the kitchen needs improvement. I ordered the halibut on a bed of linguini and my husband ordered the salmon with linguini. The fish was warm but the linguini was cold. Just an adjustment of timing the food when plated would fix this. People expect hot food when it arrives at their table. Prices are very reasonable and the presentation is impressive. There is a great patio which is still a work in progress. Be sure to add this restaurant to your list when your visiting the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful dinner at Fish Bonez. Enjoyed the best dinner and fabulous service of all the places we ate during our trip down the coast from Half Moon Bay to Orange County. The restaurant was bright and airy, the view on the Rock breathtaking, and the sunset absolutely stunning. On top of that, the meal we had was scrumptious - shrimp nachos, lobster mac 'n' cheese, hobo (?) stew and for dessert, fried bananas! Would absolutely eat here again if passing through town.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best meal I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

AMAZING!! After our horrible dinner experience in Pismo Beach the night before, I was ready for a great meal and Fish Bonez did not disappoint.

After checking into our cute "no tell Motel" we wondered down to the waterfront to have a glass of wine and a bite. Most restaurants are your typical touristy trap places claiming to have the best chowder or fish-n-chips. Not impressive to me at all. Then we stumbled into Fish Bonez. It's above Rose's which we walked into first and 5 seconds after sitting down we got up and walked right back out.

Fish Bonez has breath taking views, superb service and food that will knock your socks off. The decor is modern nautical with a great red bar and rich blue walls. Huge patio that I'm sure is packed on warmer days. I stepped out for a minute to enjoy the fresh air and sip my wine. Truly lovely.

It was still early so the restaurant was a little slow. We pulled up two seats at the bar and scanned the bar menu. Hubby ordered a beer and I had water. The wonderful woman behind the bar this evening was actually the restaurants executive chef Rebecca. It was obvious that she is passionate about this place and making sure her customers have a memorable experience. She also noticed I was only drinking water and had me taste one of the Chocolate Porters which was okay but I'm just not a big beer fan.

Per Rebecca's suggestion we ordered the goat cheese stuffed dates on crostini. These little bites of goodness were rich and sweet and just a perfect start to the evening. We hadn't decided on dinner just yet so we paid our bill and wanted to wonder around the waterfront to check out some other restaurants. 15 minutes later we ended right back at Fish Bonez and back in our seats at the beautiful red bar. Rebecca asked us if we'd rather sit at a table by the window and we laughed and said no thank you, the bar was fine and we honestly wanted to enjoy her company. By this time tables were filling up fast. One group came in and kept commenting on the stunning view and atmosphere. I had to completely agree. Chef Rebecca made her menu recommendations and we gladly followed her expert suggestions. Here's what we had:

Ribeye with peppercorn sauce served over a bed of soft buttery garlic mashed potatoes, perfectly cooked asparagus and Chef Rebecca convinced me to add shrimp which were plump, juicy and oh so yummy. HOLLY HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH!!! The best meal I've had in years and I'm not easy to please. Everything was seasoned perfectly, cooked exquisitely and plated in such a way that I knew it was love at first sight. And if that wasn't enough to make you run here, listen to what the Hubby had.

Seafood plate - shrimp scampi, crap clusters and lobster tail served over rice and a side of drawn butter. Yes folks ... this was a meal for kings and we felt like royalty. Each item was succulent and buttery and tasted like it was caught that morning. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. And if that wasn't enough, we had dessert too!

Banana Fritters with warm chocolate sauce. 5 soft, hot, doughy balls of heaven. We could only eat one each so Chef Rebecca boxed up the rest, including the warm chocolate sauce (which I'm eyeing right now and thinking about taking a bite). We were stuffed, smiling and excited that our evening wound up being so incredibly special.

Service was 5 Stars
Atmosphere was 5 Stars
Food was 5 Stars

No chowder & no fried food, just fresh clean AMAZING dishes that will please everyone.