“Breathtaking view with wonderful food!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 78 restaurants in Morro Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Breathtaking view with wonderful food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We happened the owner, George, right before departing in a bay cruise with our granddaughter. He mentioned he owned a few local restaurants in town in addition to bring a City Council member. He invited to try Off The Hook after our cruise & we are very glad we did! My husband & I shared the calamari appetizer, all strips with an excellent sauce. He had the clam chowder in a rosemary bread bowl which we all tried, fabulous chowder & the bowl enhanced the flavor. I had a specialty roll, very tasty & inventive....our 5 yesr old granddaughter had the kids Mac & Cheese, she ate it all, enough said? Excellent views of the Morro Rock, sand spit & bay.....enjoy!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Fresno, California
“Good food, friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food was good, the service was friendly and it had a great view. The clam chowder was a bit potato heavy for my taste, but the sushi was pretty good.

Visited July 2013
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Got great food and great service. We had seafood pasta and their own burger. Good beer - will recomend the Tapit IPA.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Seafood & Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Location of restaurant is good, near the main street and backs onto the beach area with views of Morro Rock. Service was good, my issue was the food, the price was very good, no doubt about it, but a lot of batter, deep fried. I think the calorie count was pretty high. I think restaurant could build on some solid foundations by making menu a little more-healthy? I am not a health nut. There were a lot of locals coming here, they like it.
I ordered a dinner of fish, shrimp, prawns I think, it was just so much I could only eat about half of it. Maybe offering broiled versions? Less batter?

Visited June 2013
Oakham, United Kingdom
“Great Sushi, great location, lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place overlooks the water, luckily for us both the seals and the Herons were feeling sociable that day.

As we were watching the pennies we filled up with clam chowder before looking at their Sushi Menu. The Chowder was the best I have ever had. The Sushi was reasonably priced, and they do amazing Cocktails.

PS: They love children in there too.

Visited May 2013