“Rude front desk employee called us, in her own words, "liers...fakers," due to our complaints.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bay View Inn

You added Bay View Inn to your Saves list
Bay View Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Harbor Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Claremont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I know this is long, but please, I insist you read every word I write. First of all, we arrived and she greeted us with no smile or even eye contact as she checked us in, meanwhile her son stood beside her digging for gold (picking his nose). We thoght whatever & didn't even mention how rude she was, given that it's an unfortunate thing we all deal with from time to time, but we did joke about the child picking his nose. After all, kids will be kids. We had reserved a king bed with an ocean view for a two night stay. We got to our room and realized it was not an ocean view. The place was empty, contrary to nearby hotels, so we figured there would be an ocean view room available, especially given that this is what we reserved. She tells us there are no other rooms available in a short, rude tone, once again not even looking up at us. I ask if we could have our money back. She says no. Then she offers us a room with an ocean view. We were very pleased. She takes us upstairs to the room. It had a great view, but, like the other room, it stunk, was dark, floors were stained, and this rooms bedspread was disheveled slightly as if someone had taken a nap without getting under the covers or sheets. We still didn't complain about any of this, thogh. Then She tells us that we can only have this room for one night. I'm irritated now, given this was not what we reserved & we can't get our money back. I ask again if we could have our money back. She abruptl states, "You have to cancel a reservation 72 hours in advance!" Her behavior really was unbelievable. I explain to her that we are not canceling our reservation, we have checked in and we are not satisfied, this is not what we reserved and the pictures online are misleading. She acknowledged that we did reserve an ocean view room but still insisted that we could not have our money back. We either got the ocean view for one night or the other room for two nights. I walked to the window and sat at the edge of the bed deciding. I turned and asked if there was any possible way we could just have this room for 2 nights. She then began to say something that sounded like lighting. We didn't understand due to her heavy accent, so we asked her to repeat herself. She did, we still didn't understand, but we didn't ask again. I thought maybe maintenance had to work on lighting the next day or something. So, my husband and I began to discuss our options to ourselves. She jumped into our conversation, again repeating her previous statements. I again just asked, "what?" She repeated it, we didn't understand. I asked my husband if he understood and he then said, "something about lighting." That's when, I suppose, she realized that we were completely clueless to what she was saying. She, once again very abruply in a very harsh tone said this exactly, "No! You are liers, fakers!" We couldn't believe it. I guess she didn't believe we had a reason to not be satisfied so we must have been lying about our dissatisfaction. I demanded to speak to her manager at this point. She said he would not be back for 2 years. And she was literally yelling at me! It was so crazy and unbelievable! I'm not exaggerating in any way at all. I still can't believe it. My husband and I are both, as some tell us, shy people. We never have conflicts outside of our minor disagreements in our home. We both avoid gossip. I mean, it truly is unbelievable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Long Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We stayed at this hotel because it was approved by AAA, what a surprise..
Upon arrival we had to air out the room it smelled so bad. The rooms are not so clean and very run down. Dont be fooled by the AAA rating.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Long Beach, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed here because it was the only place we could book for one night. Plus it was in walking distance to the waterfront. He quoted us $149.00 and tried to charge us $205.00 upon arrival. The towels are paper thin, just like the walls. The bed doesn't even have fitted sheets. They must not own a vacumn or a duster. I was sneezing when we walked in. There was a smell in both rooms. (We had friends staying there too) . There was paint marks on the chair. The fabric covered bench at the foot of the bed was stained and filthy.Luckily I had blanets in the car to cover over their stains. The main at he front desk, (owner) did not know anything about the town Trolley. Our friends are used to camping. They said campgrounds are much cleaner than this place. DON NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Don't believe the website photos.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Fresno, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

Please do not be fooled by this hotel. My wife and I stayed there for a weekend trip on March 6th. We had a room (Queen with a Tub). There were problems all over the room. The door leading into the room was not finished, there were marks all over the walls, the heater made a loud clang while we were trying to sleep, the bath tub did not hold water to bathe our children, and the electric appliances were all plugged into the same outlet. It was a big fire hazard. We were supposed to stay two nights, but couldn't do it because we needed to have a place to wash our kids. The management did allow us to find a hotel rather than stay there a second night, but offered no solutions to fix the problems.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

What a ripoff place--nothing like the photos. Yes, it had a king bed, fireplace, view, but the place is really a run-down motel 6 type place (although I've never been in one). I chose it because it was a bit higher priced than the average in Morro Bay, thinking I would get a little better--that's why it's a ripoff. Mold in the bathroom, no hairdryer, breakfast was juice drink and packaged muffins. The bedding reeked of chlorine--irritated my nose all night. This place should not have AAA rating!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cheap, low-quality accommodations
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

SOOOoooo... The minimal amount of pictures we saw, we thought "Wow, great deal, for great place." Not so much... We arrived to VERY rude service, and that never changed throughout our stay. Aside from that, there are no blow-dryers, so I just bought a new blow-dryer today. I can't remember the last hotel I stayed in that didn't have this amenity. I mean, I even thought before I left "Hmm, should I take a blow-dryer? Nah, every hotel has one these days." Not so much... Aside from that, they say they have refrigerators in the room. Well, sure they do, but do they work? Ours seems to have a faulty wire that has to be positioned a certain way for it to work.

Well, in passing we decided to rent a movie. The guy that seems to run things continued to talk on his cell phone while barking orders at his wife in Hindu. Someone (I'm assuming their kid that lives there too) throws the book of discs to the woman. She still sits there until the man barks some more orders in Hindu and reluctantly gets up to help us. She doesn't say a word to us, and finally awkwardly I interject a "Hi", just to try to feel some sense of normalcy. They didn't even say thank you when we rented their $4.00 movie!! Since the owners live onsite, it took me back to the fat guy with his belly hanging out in one of the National Lampoons Vacations movies. No personality WHATSOEVER!! At another point, we passed by the "lobby" and the owner had his feet on the counter. There's SO much to be said for good customer service these days! The staff here almost seem to hate their customers!

If you "get" room 210, you have the luxury of being next door to the "maid's quarters". Each day, you'll have the "pleasure" of listening to what sounds like a loud hose being unwound and wound back up, multiple times a day. It's obnoxious!!

By the way, their jacuzzi is open only from 4pm - 10pm.

Morro Bay is AMAZING!! If the idea is to relax, stay somewhere else! There are a ton of other places to stay where you can enjoy ALL that Morro Bay has to offer!!

I honestly think I'd feel better about this ghetto room, if the customer service wasn't so poor.

Don't DO it!!

• Liked — View.
  • Disliked — Rude service!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

The beds are so bad you're better off sleeping on the floor but the floor is too dirty!

Stayed March 2008

Been to Bay View Inn? Share your experiences!