“So happy we found this motel” 4 of 5 stars

Bay View Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Harbor Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Calgary, Canada
“So happy we found this motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a bargain this motel room was! Clean, quiet and comfortable, located a few minutes' walk from restaurants, shops and the shore.
The visitor centre-lauded B&B was not available until 8:30 p.m. (it was 5:30 p.m., we'd been driving for six hours and needed to settle in) and it was about $150 so we inquired at a few other accommodations in Morro Bay. Several were full but thankfully the Bay View had a room and for only $60!
It had a fridge, microwave, king-size bed and was spacious. I particularly liked the room's layout, with the closet, bathroom and appliances around the corner from the sleeping area.
The sound of sea lions was charming but was silenced when we closed the window.
A great deal, a great find.
(Breakfast of cold cereal, pastries, terrible coffee and Tang was free and worth what we paid for it. Oh well.)

Room Tip: We stayed in 103 and loved it. Did not hear anyone above us. Maybe it was vacant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Horrible management! My husband and I stayed here this past weekend to enjoy a last little vacation before our twins are due in November. We booked two nights. We woke up the second morning and decided to stay another night, called the front desk to see if there was vacancy and he said yes. About 20 minutes later, we got a call back saying that he was not allowing us to stay. We had fallen asleep with our tv on and apparently it had kept our neighbors up. The manager said that he didn't "know what you people are doing up there" and "who my husband was" or what he was up to. I am 7 MONTHS PREGNANT and we were sound alseep. We received NO phone call and had NO idea the insullation was so bad that the tv would bother other guests. To not let us apologize or explain and just kick us out was HORRIFYING! When I went to turn the keys in the manager was extremely rude, would not let me get a word in edgewise, was CLEARLY out of control of his own temper, to the point of being offensive AND insulting my husband. He said when he found out it was our room he was "surprised" since I was pregnant. What the heck?! HORRIBLE experience! VERY upsetting. I wish I had some way to officially file a complaint on him but I guess these review boards will have to do.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Very rude and rooms are horrible. My pregnant wife and I fell asleep watching TV. The movie ended and loud infomercials came on louder than the movie. We woke up at 3 and turned it off and went back to bed. The people next to us complained and we were asked to leave. We never got a call to turn it down or a chance to explain. He yelled at my 7 month pregnant wife like a rude maniac.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We paid £54 for a night in this hotel and I feel it was far too much. Room filthy, dust and hair grime at the edge of the carpet. Holes in the bed sheets, pillows which were hollow fibre were lumpy and clustered up (come on how much does it cost to buy a fibre pillow? $5 at most??) towels worn and bathroom not that clean. Location great but think I would rather stay in a room that doesn't smell and is actually clean!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We were passing thru town and it was sunset and got late and decided to stay overnight. Called several places from trip advisor and they were all full. I got this thru booking,com and pictures looked good. I convince myself to pay 150 plus tax. The room was spacious but everything so old. TV, carpet, towels( I was afraid to use them), shower head. Noisy refrigerator. It was great to be so close to center but seals noise also was bothering us all night.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This motel is an inexpensive option to see a great town. Our room was spacious, beds were comfortable. When we checked in, I noticed the bathroom room was not very clean and there were old French fries on the floor next to the bed. I figured we could deal with it one night while passing through for the inexpensive rate. Shower water pressure was a trickle. Maybe this was a warning, as around 6am, the sewage backed up and flooded our room from this hole in the bathroom floor. Our suitcases, my purse, everything was soaked in sewage!! My husband convinced the manager to give us another room to shower off in so we could get out of there. He did, give us another room in which to shower, claimed he could not reimburse us, as he was not the owner. After a discussion, he credited less than half of the rate to our card. We were so disgusted that we just took our sewage soaked luggage and left. I will deal with them through American Express.

• Stayed August 2013
Barstow, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Excellent place to stay Friendly staff Quiet ,cozy And very clean .Walking distance to all the Shops. And great value for your money. Very nice ocean view room. Did not need to use the AC OpenWindows had a beautiful breeze come in nice and cool. Nice and simple Continental breakfast in the morning. Will be coming back to Bay view inn Next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay View Inn? Share your experiences!