“Great location, Ok room” 3 of 5 stars

Bay View Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Harbor Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Ranked #24 of 29 hotels in Morro Bay
Redwood City, California
“Great location, Ok room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Dated motel, worn carpeting, old style TV, DVD player didn't work, if you like firm beds you will like this one...but still, you can't beat the location or price. Walking distance from wharf, and downtown and really when you're that close to the beach how much time do you spend in a room??

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dinuba
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My expecting wife and stayed at this hotel while several of my family members camped close by. During our stay while walking the shops close by I decided to walk to my room 3:00pm keep in mined to get a couple things before we went to the camp site with family for the day. Two other adults and three young kids went up to the room with me and others stayed outside at the road curb waiting. After about 5 min the manager came to my room and started acusing me of extra people staying in my room. Also while I was sitting in a chair one of the arm rest was weak and broke. When I checked out in the morning I told the manager about the chair, he had no reply so I left. About 20 min later he called my cell phone and started rambiling about the chair and too many people in room again so I drove back the hotel to discusss the chair. He was very rude and kept going on and on about too many people staying in my room. I had guest two times in two days during normal day time hours maybe 30 min one day and 10 min another day. The manager was very rude and was quick to accuse me of sneaking people in my room to stay the night and use the shower. I will never stay in this hotel again and I do not recomend to know one.

Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The location was great! Only one block from the bay! The room was small and clean. The bathroom was super small and the shower was clean, but a little scary. If you need a hair dryer, be sure to ask for when checking in because there are none in the rooms. No A/C, but there was a small window in the bathroom that we were able to open.

Redwood City, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

When we arrived around 4 p.m., we were told that our room was still being prepared and that since they didn't have a king bed as we had reserved, instead we would get a room with a view (222). We walked along the waterfront for an hour or so, enjoying the fresh, cool air before we returned to our room. Fortunately, the clerk's info was incorrect, and we did get a king bed. The furniture and carpet had been recently upgraded and looked fairly fresh. There was a gas fireplace (which we didn't need to use) and old-fashioned wall heater. Though there was no A/C, a ceiling fan helped to reduce the afternoon stuffiness in the room.

Wifi and cable tv service was good, and the room was quiet in the evenings but loud in the morning when guests started to wake up and depart (all rooms face the parking lot/courtyard). There is no elevator, so you have to haul your luggage upstairs. No assistance was offered.

The pillows are old and flat, and the 4 poster bed squeaked quite alarmingly whenever we moved. The shower knob is plumbed backwards and you can scald yourself if not careful. The towels were small and thin, but clean. The bathroom amenities (shampoo, lotion and soap) were definitely low end. To my dismay, there was no hair dryer, which is somewhat universal in motels and hotels of all price ranges. So we had to hang around the room for a little longer in the morning to let my hair "air dry" before we went out to breakfast.

I have posted 2 pictures of the interior of room 222.

Room Tip: Upstairs on the side facing the bay; our room 222 had a view of the bay and the Rock, though you cou...
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

from june last year to june this year nothing has altered, same freindly owner who allways gives us a good deal and choice of rooms,parking is right outside the door making it ideal to leave our rented motorcycle, its only a few yards from the pubs and eating places so we walk to roses resturant on the ocean side and have fish and chips and a couple of pints of the local brew, all in all we had another enjoyable stay and are comming back in november

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New Plymouth, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at this place for one night on the way back to Los Angeles after getting it out of one of those coupon books which are everywhere in the USA.
At the coupon rate it was okay value for a night but definitely would not have wanted to pay the full rack rate.
The motel is old and a bit knocked around and the rooms are pretty dark but they did seem clean and the bed was okay.
The breakfast was very basic but was okay and about what you would expect for this level of place.
On the positive side the owner was friendly and did his best to please.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
North Platte, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We were talked into taking a roomy room for our party of five. Holes in the wall, missing pictures and a general grimy feel made this motel a definite must not stay. Looks fine from the outside, but do not be deceived. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Bay View Inn? Share your experiences!