“Inexpensive stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Inexpensive stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Morro Bay Inn for two days. You cannot complain about the price being that close to Morro Bay and the overall stay wasn't that bad. If i come back and need to stay again for a day or two , I would stay there again . Now if you planning on staying like a week or more they Realy not set up for that but this is my thought so you will have to judge it for yourself

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Arcade, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed there one night. The room was clean and quiet. The desk person was knew a lot about the area and was able to tell us where to find the type of restraunts we were looking for.

The only problem we had was the pillows were hard.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
santiago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went through to San Louis Obispo, and decided to check Morro bay. Last minute stopped at this little Inn.

Very clean rooms and great people. They organized two rooms for us next door to each other and also gave an extra double booking discount. In the morning a nice breakfast.

Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Just ask them!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Arrived late and was given a queen bed room. Room was normal size but had a updated bathroom and a flat screen tv. Room was very comfortable and quant. Looked like bed and breakfast. Price was great for a friday night. Really enjoyed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Old and dull room; my room key did not work. I was looking for a hotel in San Luis Obispo/ Morro Bay on a Saturday night and everything was full, but luckily this hotel had vacancy. My room was so old that I did not fall asleep for three hours looking at the decor, but the bathroom was convenient. Not worth the price! The check out lady insisted that I write a good review for them! duh! Overall, I would not stay here again. I would find a nice hotel in San Luis Obispo than stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Clean and tidy room, simple but well mainteined. The lady, who helped us, gave a good price for travellers. No wi-fi line and no air con. The little city is amazingly beautiful and you can go to the harbour by walking. No breakfast included and the parking is next to the room's windows and it is very noise.

• Stayed August 2012
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

After reviewing the Morro Crest Inn's website I called the listed number to book my reservation. My reservation was for their "Deluxe two double bed room." My husband, I, and our two young children would be occupying the room so we needed adequate space. The day before our scheduled reservation date I received a telephone call from the hotel to confirm our reservation and arrival time. Upon arriving at the hotel the receptionist/owner had no recollection of even speaking to me on the phone, and apparently sold our room out from underneath us (even though they had my credit card on file.) She then informed us that she had a room that would work, but it was off the property. In describing the other room she made the comment that it was "her home." My husband and I agreed to look at the room, even though their website doesn't list any other locations. When we arrived at the other location we were very confused. The building was an apartment complex with no identifying markings stating it was any way related to the hotel. We went into the room which was set up like a hotel room. The room had a door, which we assuming were leading to the rest of the apartment, which was locked from the other side with no way us of securing it ourselves. We returned to the hotel and let the receptions know that we were not comfortable staying in an apartment complex. At that time she said she had a permanent tenant that lived there, and that it was perfectly safe. We once again refused to occupy the apartment stating that it was not the room that we booked. She said she could put us in another room on the hotel property, but didn't have the double bed that we required for our children. We once again stated that we no longer wanted to stay in the hotel being that they already sold our room. She promptly became irate, and required us to pay a cash payment of $25 for a cancelation fee. My husband and I had no intentions of canceling our reservation until she sold our room, but paid the cash payment anyways just to be able to remove our children from the situation. This was the worst experience my husband and I have ever had with a hotel!! We ended up at the Days Inn just down the street. The room was wonderful and the service was great!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family