“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
Lafayette, Indiana
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were driving up rt1 and just stumbled on this place. The landscaping is probably what attracted us. Flowers and flowering cacti out front, and window boxes!! We like locally-owned motels rather than chains, so that was a plus for us. The room was clean - more so than at home. In fact, I felt like making the bed before we left, just because it felt so much like home. The microwave and refrigerator were nice touches, and the rest of the room decor was very tasteful - pretty pictures, sunny colors (yellow and green in our room), nice furniture. We were planning on going to Yosemite today, but liked this place and Morro Bay so much we decided to stay here another night instead. The owner was kind enough to give us the coupon rate for the second night, too. Absolutely beautiful!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed in room 18 which was upstairs and a corner room. It was very clean and neat with a small refrigerator, coffee pot, table and chairs. It also had a nice electric fireplace. The bathroom was very small and had no storage for toiletries. There was a broken shelf above the toilet so it was useless. The bed was a little firm but we had a good nights sleep. Friends in other rooms complained of very hard, thin pillows. Ours were fine though.We were a group of twelve and all agreed we would definately stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

we liked the room we had two mine was # 8 up stares on the end my son had the one under me we were there two days three nights and was charged $ 711.00 dallors not thrilled about the price but love the town

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Boulder City, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The woman owner/manager was rude, obnoxious and unprofessional. My room was not clean, after check out I was in town and was told she said I broke something. I returned to confront her before charging my car and she accused me of breaking a cheap toilet lid. When looking at it obviously someone had repaired it with black epoxy, she still continued to yell. She then called my son a liar about his 3yr old being there all night. He had stayed all night with his local Grandparents and brought back before they went to work. First of all the website states children under 10 yrs always stay free. Why she had an issue I don't know. I would of had charges on my credit card had I not gone back in there and she probably does this to others. Stay there good luck

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

Picked this place just for the low cost & access from highway 1. Just wanted a good night sleep & a shower after driving & hiking all day. After a kind of rude check in - no eye contract, no words exchanged other than give me your credit card, came up to our room. Not too bad. It didn't smell & was relatively clean are about the most winning things I can say. Motel was about half full yet we were put in a room directly next to what sounded like 3 adults & 2 small children. The smallest child screamed most of the night & the walls are so thin that it sounded like it was in the room with us. So needless to say a good night sleep was not had.
The door to the room has a lock that wouldn't survive a strong breeze & didn't feel safe at all.
Shower had hot water, but was so tiny I could barely move & I'm not a big person.
No breakfast included so do yourself a favor & stay at one of the 30 other cheap ish hotels in Morro.

• Stayed February 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My boyfriend & I liked the looks of the outside of this motel and decided to stay 9/8/11 as we were passing through town. We could afford a nice hotel, but prefer quaint, locally owned motels. Great location, great price. There were cute window boxes on the outside of the rooms. We asked if we could have a clipping of one of these plants & the lady that checked us in was very generous! She took clippings of various plants for us, so we could have a variety. They room was very clean, furnished nicely & had a coffee maker, microwave & frig. Great spot to stay, will go back again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were in the area to photograph a wedding and made a vacation out of it. We stayed July 3-9. The woman working in the office was very polite. She gave us a clean room for just $42 dollars. The hotel is an older hotel in an established area, however it is clean and quiet and a great value.

We will do business with Morro Crest in the future

Please let me know what you think.
Robert Henshaw
Artistic Elegance Photography
[--]

Room Tip: Always negotiate whenever you stay, many hotels will take advantage during holidays, often to there...