“” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Morro Bay

You added Comfort Inn Morro Bay to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Morro Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   590 Morro Avenue, Morro Bay, CA 93442 (Formerly Twin Dolphin Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marquette
“”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful w our situation
The room & premises were very clean
The beds were comfy w 2 pillows on each side.... Great for those of us used to
two pillows.
Would definitely stay there again if in the
area.

• Stayed February 2013
Comfort-Inn-MB, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Morro Bay, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Mrs. Wilson,

Thank you for your positive feedback and kind words in regards to our staff. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our in room amenities. And I agree, a comfortable bed and pillows always make the stay more relaxing. Next time you are in town we would love to have you back! Call us to make reservations @ 805-772-4483.

Lacey Matzie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
Fajardo,PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

we stayed in Morro Bay after a quick decision and Comfort Inn had a room available with a beautiful view of the rock. The room was clean and the safe was very friendly in showing us the great attractions in El Morro Bay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Inn. It is great to hear you that you enjoyed our newly renovated accommodations as well as our friendly and knowledgeable staff. For any future last minute travel plans, keep us in mind. Our doors are always open to you!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here with a partner, for 4 days and 3 nights. I liked the cleanliness of the room, and the availability of a microwave and a fridge--which is the reason why my partner had chosen to stay in this hotel (another reason was the maximum clearance for basement parking. It was high enough to accommodate our vehicle). The bathroom was very pleasant--and I liked the very clean shower room/bathtub as well. Overall, I never felt as relaxed in a hotel as this stay. The bed was very comfortable too. There are however, some things that I would say, need improvement, namely:

1. The white bed sheets were fresh, however, there were some sort of bleach or "paint" stains--i.e., dots on them (not that it's a big matter, I just wanted to note it down).

2. The ironing board had a loose screw which inhibited it from standing up without some fiddling with the mechanism first.

3. I don't know if the steam iron was broken or not but water kept leaking out.

4. Lastly (the most inconvenient problem) was that the internet connection had this tendency to disconnect. And one would think that it was the perennial disconnection that was the bother, but it was not. Rather, it was more of the fact that every time my laptop would re-connect to the Wi-Fi, the website that I had initially intended to go to was lost, because I was led to the Comfort Inn's Internet Connection Agreement page, over and over again. It was annoying because I had to go to my browser's web History and click on a link to the page that I had last visited, which contained the link to the next page that I was about to visit. Take for instance, news websites. Let's say that I go to the news site, click on a link to a story which I am interested in reading, albeit suddenly, I am led to the Comfort Inn's Internet Connection Agreement page, and the link that I had intended to visit, disappears. I have to do another round of "link traveling" (because the "Back" button on my browser, would not work) in order to get to the page that I last wanted to visit. It was a very frequent occurrence, and even happened in the middle of an important e-mail that I was writing. E-mail disconnections are normal, but we have gone through more than 15 of these disconnections, over the course of our stay, constantly having to agree to the terms of Comfort Inn's internet connection, again and again.

Overall, we enjoyed our vacation and if we do return to Morro Bay, would stay here again--definitely. I have never stayed in a Comfort Inn hotel chain, and this would be my first. My partner, on the other hand, mentioned that this was the best Comfort Inn that he's stayed-in, so far. If all Comfort Inns were this great, then I'd choose to stay here all the time.

The two women staff at the front desk were warm and welcoming too.

Thank You!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jalpa-GM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Morro Bay, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Stella,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We went through great lengths during our renovation to take into consideration all of our customers' needs. Everything from the 40" flat screen tv's to our "hot" breakfast was reviewed to ensure our guests would have a pleasant stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our new bedding which also has "pick your pillow" options. With that being said, we just got done with our remodel and officially opened as a Comfort Inn on Feb 1st and are ironing out our kinks per say. We will make every effort to improve the quality of service we offer to make each stay comfortable. Again, thank you for the kind words and look forward to seeing you again.

Somerset Village, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stay at many Choice Privileges hotels & this has very recently been completely reonovated & was one of the best we have used. It only re-0pened under the Comfort Inn banner on 1st Feb. .....if we had not had an onward reservation we would have definitely stayed another night. Julie was very helpful.
It was excellent value & we felt that the fixtures & fittings which were sparkling new were wonderful & of better quality than many of the brand....figure that our bed & linen had never been used before.....everything smelt fresh. A credit to the Comfort Inn chain. We wish you every success in your new venture. They dont have a guest laundry yet but guess that is in the planning pipeline.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jalpa-GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Morro Bay, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, we are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn. We are pleased to know that our level of customer service and comfortable accomodations met your expectations. Even though you did not get to extend your stay an additional night, maybe we will be able to see you again in the future. Safe travels.

Regards,
Jalpa
GM
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I read the other reviews after I got home. I booked last minute for a stop on the way to Hearst Castle. I called to let them know I would be arriving late. The desk clerk, Julie, was friendly on the phone and even more so when I arrrived, even though it was the end of her shift. She acknowledged my rewards status, and assured me a nice room. My room was gorgeous, freshly remodeled, huge room, nice bed with top quality pillows and comforter. Big flat screen tv, and it was all impeccably clean. Nice breakfast in the morning. I've stayed in Choice hotel properties all over the country, and this one is top five, at the very least. Kudos to the mangement and staff

Room Tip: I think it helps to belong to the rewards program. They seem to appreciate your business and you may...