“Repeat Customer” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cerritos, California
“Repeat Customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Third time I've had the privilege of staying here. A quaint "retro" motel completely refurbished. The accommodations are great (although we think there could be more table/shelf space to put stuff on in the bathroom). We improvised by moving one of the small nightstands into the spacious bathroom. Hailey greeted us upon our arrival and personally escorted us to our room to explain the amenities. Jim (I believe he's the owner) was there for our departure and was nice enough to lend me some tools for a minor car problem. Everyone affiliated with this first class operation was super friendly, from the owner to the maid! Although they don't have a restaurant, they include breakfast at one of 3 or 4 local establishments. My favorite is Frankie and Lola's - a short 2 block walk down by the water looking straight at 'The Rock". looking forward to staying again next trip up.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Captain Dale

It was great having you and several of your friends stay with us this past week. I'm really glad you all enjoyed our place again and we really appreciate your business. Thanks for your great comments about Haley too, I will pass them on to her today. I hope all went well with the car trip home.

Until next time, I hope you have a super summer!

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

A little bit of vintage seaside charm with all the modern conveniences most of us want nowadays! The location is perfect; just a few short blocks from the beach and main street of shops and restaurants. I can't remember the name of our room, but it was modern, clean, roomy and very comfortable (lovely large bathroom too).

You get a coupon for breakfast which is a good add-on (we used ours at Frankie & Lola's for a delicious start to the day).

Great value for a little seaside town. We would absolutely stay here again if we're in the vicinity.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rebecca

Thank you for your nice review on the inn. I'm very glad you enjoyed our place and loved the breakfast too. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about our cozy place.

Safe travels back home....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Jim at Beach Bungalow was phenomenal in helping us arrange rooms for our out of town guests coming into town to celebrate my husband's 40th bday party on the 4th of July weekend.. The rooms were very clean and contemporary with the most comfortable feel. The breakfast that was included was a pleasant surprise and all of our guests we more than pleased . Would highly recommend it .

• Stayed July 2014
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Brenda

THANK YOU for the great comments! Boy, it must of been a great surprise 40th birthday celebration for your husband over the 4th of July because all your guests had big smiles on their face all weekend. Thanks for letting us take care you all and we really appreciate you choosing us to be part of your special weekend.

Have a great rest of the summer and we all hear look forward to seeing you again.

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights in June as a home base for exploring the Central Coast area of California. We really enjoyed our stay at Beach Bungalow. We like a quieter place to crash at night and had all of the amenities we required. The breakfast coupons are a great added feature that we enjoyed as well. We are now big fans of Frankie and Lola's...amazing breakfasts! My wife actually left some jeans behind and Jim was more than accommodating in getting them back to us at home. Our only negative (small) is that the Estero room we had is somewhat noisy in the morning due to the cleaning staff working on the back side of the building directly behind our room. Again, a small detail but if you like to sleep in at all you might want a room further away from the main office. It is a quaint and laid back place with great charm and the hospitality is second to none.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the office are a bit noisier in the morning.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Morning Smiths!

Thanks for the great review and we really appreciate you staying with us. I'm glad you loved many things about our inn and Morro Bay. Thanks for the note on the noise and I apologize for the inconvenience. I have fixed the problem to insure our staff waits until later in the day to conduct any general hotel or grounds maintenance on property near the building in the future.

It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay and glad the jeans got home.

Warm regards,

Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Morro Suite which was very lovely! From arrival to checkout everything was great, the staff very friendly! The Morro Suite is more like a high end apartment, it had a full kitchen, living area, bedroom and 2 bathrooms which was nice. I stayed during the week and the price was very reasonable for such a high end boutique B & B especially in the summer time! I would highly recommend staying here over big hotel chains! They have a nice seating area and fire pit outside that you can sit and relax by. Everything was excellent! Will be staying here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hi there Maacah

Thanks for staying with us this past week and also passing on your personal experience from your visit while staying at the Beach Bungalow Inn. It was a pleasure meeting you for the short time while you were here and I'm really glad you had an enjoyable night in one of our King Suite Guest Rooms.

I hope you have a terrific 4th of July in Morro Bay and please enjoy the rest of your summer!

Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We just stayed here for one night but were pleasantly surprised by how peaceful and quiet it was. I am a light sleeper and usually use earplugs while traveling, but, without earplugs, my daughter and I slept until 10:00 am! Quite unusual for me as whatever noises going on outside usually wake me up much earlier. The room was very clean and the linens were nice. I really liked the wood floors because you know they are really clean as opposed to most hotel carpets. The place is pet friendly but there was no odor of pets in the room. The bathroom is small and old, but that was expected, and we weren't staying there for the bathroom. There was a ceiling fan in our room which I loved! As well as a fireplace, which we didn't use, but it added to the ambience. We spent an hour or so by the fire pit listening to the fog horn and sea lions bark and in the morning headed over to Frank and Lola's for a fantastic breakfast after which we drove down to the rock (literally 30 seconds away) and got out and watched about 10 sea otters playing and doing their thing in the water right offshore. The staff was very nice, but be aware that they are gone at night and not back until the morning (not a problem for us, our nice Coloradan neighbors had a wine opener). I would definitely stay here again and I am quite picky about my overnight lodgings, even if it is for just one night. If you have kids, make sure to ask the staff about dog beach a few miles up PCH. It's covered in sand dollar shells and sand crab shells.

Room Tip: You can view the rooms on the website.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello!

Thank You for staying with us and sharing all your outstanding experience with others regarding your visit to the Beach Bungalow Inn. It sounded like you and your daughter had a terrific time in Morro Bay and you enjoyed the serenity of our little inn and nature at its best!

Come back and see us again soon and I hope you have a terrific summer!

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a lovely place to stay, so clean, comfortable, tastefully decorated and parking right outside your door. We were shown to our room and told how to operate the gas fire. I was amazed how it worked - turn the thermostat up and the fire came on - I want one at home !! We took a walk down to the waterfront and ate while watching the seals playing in the water. Enjoyed breakfast at Frankie &Lola's using the breakfast vouchers we had been given at check in. We were only there on night, but if we find ourselves in Morro Bay again we would stay here again only for longer. We met Jim when we checked out - he was so nice - would definitely recommend Beach Bungalow Inn & Suites.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi there!

It was a pleasure to meet you when you stayed with us, sorry it was just the one night. Thanks for telling others about your guest experience at our inn and I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and the tasty breakfast.

Take care and we hope to see you again!

Jim

Been to Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!