“Lovely room” 4 of 5 stars

You added Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1050 Morro Avenue, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Lovely room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Not a place for the view but the rooms were clean and quiet, though a little small. We had two bedrooms with one bath. Had to walk through one bedroom to get to the second. Fireplace in first bedroom, wall heater in second. Within walking, even for us seniors, of piers with all the shops and restaurants. They also gave us a discount on a meal the next day. Outdoor seating area with fire for the evening. Very quiet.

Stayed January 2014
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Jacque

Thanks for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let us and others know how you enjoyed your experience at our cozy inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you may be heading back to Morro Bay.

Have a great weekend!

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Pacific Room at the Beach Bungalow is quiet and tastefully remodeled. The bathroom is huge and the fireplace adds a ton of character to one of the suites in the room. The staff is wonderful, too.

It is only a two-block walk to either Embarcadero or downtown. The Top Dog Coffee Shop is worth a visit. Great atmosphere and service. We ate dinners on the waterfront and enjoyed the parade of sea otters swimming by as we ate.

I will stay at the Beach Bungalow on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on what I believe would be the south side of the facility do not border a street. Our roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Instydan-

Thanks for the fantastic review of our Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites. We really appreciate your great comments and loved hearing that you really enjoyed the Pacific Room during your stay and Morro Bay. Come back and see us soon!

Warm regards,

Fowler, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I surprised my parents by booking a room here for their 25th wedding anniversary on January 14th as well as her birthday on the 17th.
Jim was so friendly on the telephone. He took all the necessary details from me and when they checked in everything was taken care of just as he promised me. They were even given a bottle of champagne to celebrate.
They loved room as well as their visit. They also told me how nice Jim was to them!
I can't wait to be able to schedule a visit for my husband and me. Maybe for Valentine's day or our anniversary in April.
Thank you Jim for making everything perfect!
Cheryl

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Cheryl

Thanks for the wonderful review!

It was a great pleasure meeting your mom and dad this past week and seeing them relax here in Morro Bay since they never get away on their own. You sure surprised them with this special trip for their anniversary and birthday celebration. They are sure wonderful people and I really enjoyed getting to know them myself.

Make sure to call me when you come this way yourself!

Take care-

Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place is a gem! We stayed in the El Morro suite and it was like having our own little beach house. Perfectly clean, well-equipped, quiet, comfortable bed and linens and an extremely friendly and helpful staff. What more could we ask for! We loved our stay! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Rebecca

Thanks for staying with us and I'm glad you both loved our place and felt at home. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about our little cozy inn and hope you come back again soon!

Happy New Year!

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was looking for my idea of American motor lodge when I planning my trip. I'd seen them in the movies and knew there must still out there somewhere. This seemed to fit the bill nicely. This is just so good. Large rooms full of classy furniture, Beds that you don't want to get out of. A location (Morro Bay) that is heaven. And if you do wander there by all means go to the harbour but don't forget the town. It's as good. Back to the venue. You park your car next to your suite. Having our daughter with us we needed 2 bedrooms. We had Pacific. Clean, tidy and well laid out. Loads of room. Bathroom had separate doors to each bedroom so don't forget to lock and unlock after use! No aircon but not a problem. There is a feature fire if you're cold. I suppose the main feeling is that a human being sat down and thought about this place before setting up. It's unique. And it works so well.
Your breakfast vouchers are valid at several places in Morro Bay however we never got further that Frankie and Lola's. So good.
We also got free tickets to the Harbour festival from Jim, the owner who seemed a real nice guy.
I could have stayed there for weeks it was so good. This is a very special place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hello Blackrat 751-

Thanks for your great review regarding the Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites. I'm so glad you and your family really enjoyed our charming little cozy motor inn. We tried to maintain its old retro-charm while offering comfort with today s conveniences. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again over the year or at next years festival.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

At the last minute we decided to try and go somewhere for Christmas Day. We could not find a house sitter or a dog sitter so we had to look for a place that would take dogs. We got the last room available at Beach Bungalow and were not sure what to expect. I wish we had stayed longer and would go back in a minute. it was a beautiful suite with a large connecting bathroom, great tv's in each room, fireplace and spotless.The beds were comfortable and the decor was beautiful. The owner could not have been friendlier and accomodating. Morro bay rock was just a few blocks away and we got food vouchers for a great breakfast.
Altogether, one of the most pleasant times we have had and a really nice surprise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Lucy

Happy New Year! I'm so glad to hear that you loved our little Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites and the dogs did too! Thanks for your GREAT comments, we hope you can stay a little longer during your next visit.

I hope you have a safe and prosperous 2014!

Cheer,

San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I only stayed here for one night, but I wish I could have stayed longer! The room was SO clean and comfortable. It had a great bed, really nice large bathroom, state of the art television, and cozy fireplace connecting to the thermostat. It was very peaceful and quiet at night. I have never been more at ease or relaxed at a hotel. They have a great system where your included breakfast is from surrounding restaurants. You can also apply it to lunch or a wine flight and appetizers! The parking was also phenomenal. A private car port right next to your room! If I could move this place everywhere that I travel I would. Seriously an all time favorite. Great price as well!

Room Tip: I was in the room next to the office and it was very quiet with great parking
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Happy Holidays!

Thank you for the fantastic comments regarding your stay at the Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites. We are very happy you enjoyed your room, parking, property and the breakfast and other add on options during your visit. Please come back and see us soon.

Enjoy your holidays and travel safe!

Jim

Been to Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!