“4.5 Stars” 5 of 5 stars

You added Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1050 Morro Avenue, Morro Bay, CA 93442   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“4.5 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We got a GREAT nights sleep in this adorable inn. It was sooooo cute. We stayed in the Monarch room which comes with a cute little fireplace. The room was cozy and warm. The bathroom was very spacious. The bed and bedding was VERY comfortable. The only downside was that when the cleaning crew started in the rooms adjacent around 9:30 am, it was a bit too loud and woke us up. But in the end, we needed to wake up around 15 minutes later anyway.

The coolest thing on top of the cute inn was the meal voucher thing for breakfast or lunch. I can't believe more hotels don't do this! We loved the idea. We picked the Hungry Fisherman since it was just down the street and we had a yummy breakfast. Way better than some stale muffins and OJ!

If we are in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again... a great value.

Room Tip: The Monarch Room was very nice - it's on the back side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband always tells me to be nice...So, in my nicest voice let me say...There were obviously many improvements made to this facility. We had reservations for a room with one queen bed and by phone, were "upgraded" to a larger room with two queen beds. Since we never saw the room with the one bed we have nothing to compare it to. The room was a nice size and the bathroom average. Amenities included in the room were: iron & ironing board, refrig, coffee maker (worst coffee & tea EVER), hair dryer, extra blankets and pillows, robes and slippers, WiFi and the usual toiletries. Bicycles were available, too. I think the best part was the breakfast voucher! We had a complimentary breakfast each morning at a local restaurant (our choice of two). Best idea ever! Frankie & Lola's was FABULOUS! (Another review)

Back to the room. Our refrigerator started off like a mo-ped. We guessed it made about eight different noises throughout the night. The second night, we unplugged the unnatural thing even though we had food in it. The beds were comfortable, but, on some sort of metal frame that CREAKED with every move. During one shower the water ran cold - possibly because of our neighbor. It didn't last too long, thankfully, and only happened once.

We had no issues with the fireplace heater. If anything, I can say we left the thermostat a little too high during the night and were very toasty!

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Would we stay again? Possibly. It all depends on the rates!

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have a view of the rock.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Joan S, Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Barbara

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at our Inn. We sincerely apologize for any challenges you experienced while staying with us. We have tried to reach out to you by telephone however we have not heard back, so if you have a moment please give us a call at your convenience.

We look forward to speaking to you soon and hope you will give us another chance to earn your business in the future.

Take care,

Jim
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is one of the friendliest hotels I have ever been to and the service is great. Our 2-queen room had plenty of room for us (2 adults, 3 kids, 1 dog). They supplied us with a blanket, a water bowl, some biscuits, and cleanup bags for our dog. Also we received 2 meal vouchers for each morning we stayed. Unfortunaltely, the restaurant we picked was closed both days and another restaurant had no seating available. So, out of convenience we ate at other restaurants for breakfast--we had a schedule to keep. I thought the price was fair. The bungalows are only a block and a half from Morro Rock and the Embarcadero. Also it was quiet there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night. When we arrived the room was freezing and we turned on our fire place right away. Took a while for the room to warm up. It was uncomfortably cold. The room was super small but decorated nicely. The bathroom stayed freezing the entire time to the point that I did not want to shower. The shower stall also showed some serious wear. I like that it is close to the rock and you can walk everywhere. Walls are paper thin and I could hear every move my neighbor made and every conversation. My stay was not horrible, but I wouldn't stay here again. We paid $202 with tax and I think that is way much. Oh and the bed was uncomfortable. My back was sore the next morning and we could hear rode road noise from our room

• Stayed December 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice, quaint, beautiful, well priced. it's close to restaurants and shops, the people that work there are super nice and the hotel room was very well maintained. I'd recommend to anyone wanting to stay at Morro Bay for a few days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I traveled this week to California for a family Thanksgiving and spent a night here. I'm glad I did. It was my first time in Morro Bay and this hotel is a wonderful find. The rate was $124 for the night, about half of what everyone else was charging. For that we got a gorgeous king size room with a fireplace and a big bathroom. It was nicely done and the bed was particularly comfortable.

For the bed and breakfast option, they offered a coupon good at one of four nearby restaurants which was the first time I've had a hotel do that. What a cool idea.

The desk staff were both cheerful and useful. I think this hotel is a great find in Morro Bay.

Oh, by the way, outside it looks like not much and you're two blocks from the scenic waterfront. Don't let either of those things put you off. It's a solid value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was our stop in the middle of our coastal trip from SF to LA. We were celebrating our 20th anniversary and this experience made it special. There was chilled champagne waiting for us when we arrived. The room we stayed in was amazing - The Sandspit. It was definitely the best our of all the rooms in our opinion. We were able to enjoy the firepit at night sipping wine and taking in the sounds of the sea lions. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast vouchers were a great touch and we enjoyed Frankie and Lola's immensly.
I cannot say enough positive things about this place. I will be recommending it to all and hope to one day return for another stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!