“Cute but cramped cold and not worth the price.” 3 of 5 stars

Free Full Bkfst or Lunch
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Long Beach, California
“Cute but cramped cold and not worth the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. When we arrived the room was freezing and we turned on our fire place right away. Took a while for the room to warm up. It was uncomfortably cold. The room was super small but decorated nicely. The bathroom stayed freezing the entire time to the point that I did not want to shower. The shower stall also showed some serious wear. I like that it is close to the rock and you can walk everywhere. Walls are paper thin and I could hear every move my neighbor made and every conversation. My stay was not horrible, but I wouldn't stay here again. We paid $202 with tax and I think that is way much. Oh and the bed was uncomfortable. My back was sore the next morning and we could hear rode road noise from our room

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice, quaint, beautiful, well priced. it's close to restaurants and shops, the people that work there are super nice and the hotel room was very well maintained. I'd recommend to anyone wanting to stay at Morro Bay for a few days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I traveled this week to California for a family Thanksgiving and spent a night here. I'm glad I did. It was my first time in Morro Bay and this hotel is a wonderful find. The rate was $124 for the night, about half of what everyone else was charging. For that we got a gorgeous king size room with a fireplace and a big bathroom. It was nicely done and the bed was particularly comfortable.

For the bed and breakfast option, they offered a coupon good at one of four nearby restaurants which was the first time I've had a hotel do that. What a cool idea.

The desk staff were both cheerful and useful. I think this hotel is a great find in Morro Bay.

Oh, by the way, outside it looks like not much and you're two blocks from the scenic waterfront. Don't let either of those things put you off. It's a solid value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was our stop in the middle of our coastal trip from SF to LA. We were celebrating our 20th anniversary and this experience made it special. There was chilled champagne waiting for us when we arrived. The room we stayed in was amazing - The Sandspit. It was definitely the best our of all the rooms in our opinion. We were able to enjoy the firepit at night sipping wine and taking in the sounds of the sea lions. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast vouchers were a great touch and we enjoyed Frankie and Lola's immensly.
I cannot say enough positive things about this place. I will be recommending it to all and hope to one day return for another stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent two days at The Beach Bungalows in Morro Bay. We picked it based on the pictures and reviews on TripAdvisor.com. Our stay surpassed the reviews we read online. The room felt more like a bedroom than a hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly, they made our stay so special with the small touches they added. We got in late the first night, they had our room all ready with a fire going. The windows to our suite were aglow, making our suite look very warm and inviting. It was our 20th Anniversary the 2nd night, and Joanie and Jim the owners made reservations to the nicest restaurant in town for us and arranged for free dessert for our anniversary. When we returned to our room they had champagne on ice and candles waiting. They even had ocean sounds playing soothingly in the room. The room also comes with two vouchers for free breakfast at your choice of 3 restuarants in town. We ate at Frankie and Lola's both mornings, which was great all in itself. The whole experience was fantastic. We will be back. 5 STARS!!!

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Despite the external appearance of a sixties motel the upgraded and modern rooms were a pleasant surprise. Bathroom was very tight and reminded me of a Euopean hotel conversion. Fireplace and flat screen tv, comfortable bed and location provided an enjoyable experience. Breakfast vouchers were provided to three local restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Foster City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place was very nice! We were driving from SF to LA and wanted to break up the drive. After seeing a friend's pictures of Morro Bay, we decided to stop in this cute town.

I picked the Beach Bungalow Inn & Suites partly because of the positive reviews but also because it was really hard to find a hotel for just a Saturday. Places were booked and/or had a two night minimum. I found the reservation process to be easy but was surprised that one evening was $300+. It really seemed like in these coastal areas, you're paying $300/night for a nice place or staying in a really crappy place - which is not where I wanted to take my two kids. Keep in mind this was summer on a weekend so that influenced prices, I'm sure.

For that price, you really except a lot. And the place delivered. The pictures are very accurate. The rooms are really nice, modern and clean. When you drive in, it's pretty much a motel. But the rooms are impressive - the fire place was a nice touch. I read some reviews where people complained about street noise. I think we were on the side next to the big street but we weren't bothered by any noise. We also did keep our windows closed, so maybe that had something to do with it.

The girl at the front desk wasn't especially helpful in suggestions for things to do or where to go for dinner. But we were only there for a night, so no big deal. We wanted to see Morro Rock so we drove there while we were waiting for our room to be ready. (This was my only complaint - the reservation process asked when you would be arriving. I put 2 p.m. because we were driving and I knew when we would arrive and had hoped to unload our stuff before sight-seeing. But our room was not ready. So why ask when we will arrive if the room won't be ready for you? Maybe this is more so for late check-in, in which case, it should be made clear). After we got into our room, we headed down to the main drag where we window shopped and grabbed dinner.

The complementary breakfast was a nice touch and we had no problems using our vouchers. We had to get back on the road so we left shortly after breakfast.

I would recommend this place! Clean, modern and a nice location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!