“Bayfront Inn rocks!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayfront Inn

Save Saved
You added Bayfront Inn to your Saves list
Bayfront Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 Embarcadero, Morro Bay, CA 93442 (Formerly Adventure Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Santa Ana
“Bayfront Inn rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you want a clean, affordable place right on the bayfront, then Bayfront Inn is it! Small, but adequate, and right near everything, including the trolley stop. Quiet and comfy and I loved all the perks. I was alone and felt very safe here. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are small, but i basically wanted a clean place to sleep in and spent my time enjoying the are...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Last year we found this place by chance because we were doing the rock to pier run.. It is very quiet at night, so I would recommend for folks who will appreciate the no noise after 10 policy. Pet friendly they have treats and water bowls for your pets. Great place!

• Stayed July 2012
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This little motel is a jewel indeed. Where do I begin...newly restored, 20 rooms, clean, nicely decorated/European style. Some of the rooms are a bit larger than the others. But, with this location you are not going to want to stay in your room. The Inn is right across the street from the harbor/embarcadero. French Bakery one door to the left and a diner to the right. Fresh cinnamon rolls provider every morning as well as a galley that is downstairs with coffee and treats galore (my personal favorite was the delicious waffles) all included with your stay. Also included is a free ride on the Morro Bay Trolley and free wine tasting at a local wine shop. Did I mention pet friendly? Not all rooms, but maybe half were pet friendly with cozy pet blankets provided as well as treats, doggie dishes, etc. And the staff, so very nice and accomodating. And you absolutely must try Tognazinni Dockside across the street, fish tacos are the BEST!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 19. Limited view but good location. Room 20 has in room spa with fabulous view, of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pacifica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We arrived during pouring rain, planning to just stay one night and with very low expectations after reading some of the previous reviews. We were warmly greeted and were pleasantly surprised by the room layout. Obviously small as described on their website but extremely functional. Water and juice in fridge, together with treats were very welcome. After walking our dog to Morro Rock the rain cleared up, there was a most spectacular full double rainbow followed by an amazing sunset. We went straight to the office and booked a 2nd night! We livened up the provided breakfast with strawberries from the SLO farmers market and couldn't even eat the huge cinnamon rolls provided by the cafe next door.

Staff extremely friendly. As long as you read details on website and know that the rooms are small etc you certainly won't be disappointed. We will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I've stayed here twice, and enjoyed it both times. It's right across the street from the bay, which worried me the first time I stayed, because I thought it would be loud. It was not. The neighborhood is quiet at night, and I didn't hear a peep from any other guests (two- or four-legged) at all. My dogs went nuts over the doggy welcome gift, and I chowed down on the free taffy and snacks that come with the room. They have free WiFi and flat screen TVs, and the beds are really comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. Yes, the rooms are a little small, but very clean and cozy. There are many good restaurants and shops within walking distance, and Morro Beach is a two-minute drive. AND you get a free cinnamon roll from Frankie and Lola's in the morning. A total treat. This is the only place I'll stay when I visit Morro Bay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
San Clemente, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We love dogs, honestly. But this place was crawling with them; poorly behaved ones. They yipped and yapped at each other, and kept you from sleeping. The building was a dorm in the '50's, used by the guys that built the hydroelectric plant next door, but has been updated. Yes, the rooms are small, but clean and functional. The place is noisy, but most guests quieted-down at the 10pm curfew (I wish dogs could tell time). Anyway, the staff was nice, and did what they could. It is across the street from good restaurants and pubs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Bayfront Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
These guests stayed with us on Oyster Festival weekend and the our town was hopping with alot of foot and car traffic morning till night! Only 7 out of our 16 rooms allow pets and only 6 of these were occupied by guests with pets on that weekend. One of our furry guests was yapping and staff addressed this problem with the owners. This room was on the first floor and the guests that made this review was on the 2nd floor. We have a live in manager who enforces our 10pm quiet time is 10pm.
This hotel was not built in the 50's to function as a dorm for the hydroelectric plant and this plant is NOT next door to our property. The fact is that the original builder's family came to visit the property this year. Margorie and Manuel Cassano, purchased the land upon where the Bayfront sits today for $40,000 in1955. Living in Los Angeles working as a contractor, it was the Cassano’s dream to retire here. They decided to build a small hotel attached to their home on this site. The 16-room hotel christened the Bay Breeze was completed in 1962. It offered 16 rooms. What is today a restaurant (ironically branded as Frankie & LOLA’S) was originally the Cassano’s home. Margorie and Manual sold the hotel in 1976. Between 1976 and 2009 there have been 7 owners. The current ownership has been in place since 2009.
Newbury Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here June 13-15, 2012 with my 2 teenage kids. Checked in early with Jan, the friendly desk attendant. My son and I shared the twin beds room and my daughter had room #8 with a queen bed. The beds are clean and comfortable. Yes, the rooms are not spacious, but as the hotel manager stated in his replies here on Trip Advisor, their website says this fact quite clearly. Why the fuss over the size of rooms is beyond me. You're on vacation, get out and see the sites!
The value you get for all the perks of a nice staff and little extras is well worth every penny. You get a coupon for a cinnamon roll from the coffee shop next door, you can ride the city trolley for free by showing your room key, the rooms are stocked with bottled waters, Capri Suns, and candies and salt water taffy. There are two seated areas which enclosed, for guests to sit and lounge. We sat there one day to enjoy our pizza that we ordered for take out.
The galley/guest kitchen has complimentary teas, coffee, waffles, fresh fruit, assorted oatmeal packets, a microwave and eating utensils..........
I was a little spooked about the pets/dogs welcome policy because I don't really like dogs and don't really want to have other people's dogs up close and personal while I am on a vacation. BUT, this hotel professionally has a strict noise rule for guests and it shows; my visit was not disturbed by pets at all. The only noise we experienced was short and that was when a couple checked in above our room on the second level on Wednesday, and were a little noisy when they came back around midnight. But that was minimal, not the hotel's fault, and reminded me that next time I can ask for a second floor room to avoid this from happening again.
Again, this is a clean and comfortable facility, with great location and service! I would recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bayfront Inn? Share your experiences!