“Great view” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marysville, Michigan
“Great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

View from our balcony was fantastic, staff was pleasant and helpful. Decent breakfast, good price for California. No charge for parking, right on the waterfront, fireplace in room to take off the morning chill. A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Liked — view
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Anglesey, North Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

Just come back from two weeks California, and must write about how very impressed we were with this inn. It's unusual to find a family run one-off establishment which prides itself on old fashioned personal service. Were offered a great price fo $99 for the room for one night. We just turned up at around 5 in the evening. The room was huge and our partial view of the harbour ( cheaper than the full view for $150) was better than expected. We did not take advantage of it, but there's also a (communal) hot tub in the inn. Breakfast room and breakfast v. pleasant. Wish we had planned our trip so as to have stayed a couple of extra nights at this great place in a great location, My boys ( 11 and 8) were given a colouring book as we left. Nice touch. I'd certainly recommend this place.

• Liked — The lovely room and location by the bay
  • Disliked — Corridors opened to outside so slightly cold.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2006

One of my guidebooks recommended this motel, and I think it is a good recommendation. The motel was quiet and very clean, with large rooms. I loved the location - right across the street from the harbour, one block to a nice seaside park in one direction and one block to many restaurants and shops in the other direction, and with a nice view of Morro Bay.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The included buffet breakfast wasn't gourmet, but it was good and quite extensive, including fruit and yogurt.

I got a reduced rate because it was off-season, but even at full price it would have been a reasonable value for a motel on the California seacoast. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Location and view from the balconies
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2006

We found this place after driving around when we changed our mind about the place we had reservations (Bayfront Inn - a dump) and we were so glad we did! Very clean, nice size rooms, many amenities, nice balcony, very good breakfast room, etc., etc...This was a really good place for our family. The 2 queen beds were comfortable and the gas fireplace was a nice extra, too. We felt totally comfortable leaving the kids for a short while when we went to dinner and brought them back take-out. There was even security with locked doors in the garage, and you had to use your room key to use the elavator, too. Great covered parking downstairs with papertowels and window washers! This was just perfect. You did get road noise and there is a working harbor across the street, but that was not unexpected. The staff was wonderful and we did get a better rate than is on the internet with a AAA discount and when we were in person late in the day - I think they give a senior discount, too. My mom and step-dad were more than happy with their room as well. They enjoyed the covered spa and they were pleased. This is a great place and we will return again.

mandeville, la
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2006

Picked this because of trip advisor reviews. Was not really planning to stop in this town. This is just a very overpriced motel. It was clean enough but just old...something wrong I just can't put my finger on. Location good. If I had payed $60 instead of $150/night I wouldn't complain. Would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed July 2006
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2006

I spent a night at the Embarcadero while on the road from San Francisco to San Diego. I had chosen Morro Bay for its location about halfway between both cities. Usually I don't reserve in advance while on the road, because you never know how far you get, but this time I was accompanied and wouldn't want to go into any trouble searching for a place. I arrived there at 8:30, which proves my estimation was correct. I can recommend Morro Bay to everyone taking the scenic route #1 from SF to SD in 2 days.
As others have stated, the staff is really nice and helpful. The place is clean, the rooms are huge and well-equipped, the covered parking is convenient. I found the breakfast a bit disappointing, no plain toast or bread, just sweet pastries, but I went there right after their opening at 7am, and maybe everything was not yet ready.
I liked the firm beds, I had an excellent sleep. I regretted I arrived so late that after dinner at a nearby restaurant, it was too late to benefit from the terrace and the bay view.
The Embarcadero is one of the better motels I have seen.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

I am very picky when it comes to hotels. I do not like worn out carpet, bumpy beds and especially paper thin walls allowing noisy neighbors to keep me up all nite. This really becomes trouble when the bar crowd rolls in at 2:30 a.m. I made careful plans and researched the hotels in the area via internet. The Embarcadero got really good reviews so I thought I would give it a shot. I was very pleasantly surprised that the reviews are absolutely true. The rooms were very spacious, the bed was ultimately comfy and the view was spectacular. Not to mention the fireplace in our room that kept the temp nice and toasty even with the sliding glass door open. Most importantly to me was that it was so quiet, I thought I was adrift in outer space. No thumpity, thump footsteps up and down the halls all nite, no spine shattering door slamming and no t.v.'s or stereo's blaring from rude neighbors.
My wife and I even had the hot tub to ourselves for over an hour. There was no one there to bother us. It was located on the second floor and was completely enclosed except for the sides to allow some fresh air to enter. Very nice and clean too.
The hotel is also the only hotel that is right on Embarcadero road right across the street from the harbor. All the other hotels are up a street or two and not as nice looking on the outside. Granted, the Ascot looked pretty nice too but, it did not get fantastic reviews. All in all, I would rate my stay at the Embarcadero a 10 out of 10. I highly recommend it and look forward to returning there again someday soon.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Embarcadero Inn? Share your experiences!