We make a trip to Morro Bay at least once a year and we have stayed at the same motel the last three trips. This time we decided to try a different location just for a change of pace. The Embarcadero Inn will get our business next time. We recommend rooms on the third floor (except for 306) which is adjacent to the breakfast room--the third floor offers unobstructed views of the bay. We enjoyed a king room with fireplace and balcony (room 315) at a reasonable price. The room was comfortably furnished, pleasantly decorated and well equipped (DVD player and a good selection of DVDs available from the office at no additional charge). The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the included continental breakfast was much more than adequate but fairly basic.
There were no major negatives unless these minor considerations are game changes for you:
1) There is only one sink and fairly limited area for toiletries.
2) The breakfast room has only three tables and I imagine quite difficult to access during peak seasons when the inn is full or nearly so (which was not the case during our visit). If you are traveling with a family we would advise an early or late breakfast--opens at 7.
3) If you are the type that only cares about the gas fireplace for atmosphere and a soft glimmer when you go to sleep you will probably find yourself being quite warm . . . our fireplace delivered a lot of heat in addition to a warm atmosphere.
- Also Known As:
- Embarcadero Hotel
- Embarcadero Hotel Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Motel Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Inn Morro Bay
- Embarcadero Morro Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated since 1986, this completely smoke-free, 32-room hotel has all the amenities, including flat-panel TVs, microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers. Each room faces the bay, most with private balconies and many with fireplaces. Free deluxe FreshFirst continental breakfast and free WiFi through out the hotel. Several room types are available, including standard rooms with queen or king beds, suites and a 2BR Family Suite. A state-of-the-art stainless steel hot tub that can accommodate up to 8 people is a must-use during your stay. Secure access to rooms elevator and free, covered parking is available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Embarcadero Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.