“Nicer than I thought it would be ~” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Morgan Hill
Ojai, California
“Nicer than I thought it would be ~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

At first I was reluctant to stay at a Comfort Inn because they are near the freeway and I'm sensitive to noise. Also, I wasn't sure how clean or nice it would be. This being said, I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort I experience at this place. I was not bothered by traffic noise, the room was clean and pleasant and, Surinder, the check in person couldn't have been nicer. He accommodated our requests (including a quiet room) with a very positive attitude. And, let us not forget the great breakfast that is available in the morning. They had run out of scrambled eggs when we arrived and quickly replenished the supply when we pointed this out. A great deal for the money and with Surinder's pleasant attitude, a great experience all the way around. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Staff was awesome , nice clean rooms. Breakfast was continental. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Whirpool did not work well in rm. Ac was good kept the rm very cool. beds were very comfortable and room had newer tvs. Cable had plenty of channels

Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Three of us stayed here for 7 nights and was very, very pleased with the accommodations, great location to close by vineyards and shopping. Outstanding manager (Avi) and a great staff who were overly friendly. Also outstanding breakfasts that were free. Maid service was outstanding too. Next time we visit we will certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Honolulu, HI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at this property, on average, at least two nights every month for the past five years. It is convenient to the Silicone Valley yet out of the hustle and bustle of the San Jose area. During my visits I have usually found the staff to be pleasant and the rooms relatively clean, comfortable and quiet. That being said, this Monday evening I called the property directly (as I usually do) to reserve a room for Tuesday and Wednesday night. I identified myself, to the clerk who answered, as a regular guest and was politely told that there were rooms available however they could no longer honor my regular room rate. I asked to speak to the manager who had negotiated that rate and was told she was no longer with the hotel. The desk clerk then offered me a rate almost twice what I have been paying since the beginning of the year. She further suggested I might want to call back in the morning to discuss the situation with the new manager. I called this morning and spoke to the "new" manager and was again politely told he couldn’t honor my negotiated rate any longer due to the need for “increased revenue”….
During business travel I stay in hotels 80-90 nights in any given year. I had considered this to be a convenient, fairly decent property however; they apparently have an interesting (new) policy regarding treatment of regular guests or at least this (former) regular guest in particular.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great service at a great price. Very friendly and accommodating staff and was a perfect location for my sons lacrosse tournament since we could walk to the fields. I would stay here again. The staff was willing to give us a late check out and even though they did not have to supplied my son with water for his tournament games.

Cave Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

For the price, I found this hotel "Comfort"able. No great frills, but clean rooms with adequate space with fridge, micro and coffee pot. Breakfast in morning includes eggs, sausage, waffles, breads, bagels, coffee, juices and cereals. Close to downtown Morgan Hill which hosts many excellent dining experiences. It also has a pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Comfort Inn in Morgan Hill was awesome. I reserved a room on very short notice without a problem. The price was very reasonable for the room they gave us. The room was very clean, the shower was nice, and the hotel itself was quiet. They were courteous enough to allow us to hang out in the spa after hours as well. Much better hotel than the Quality Inn down the street!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!