“Current customer” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Morgan Hill
Morgan Hill, California
“Current customer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been staying in the Morgan Hill location for a week now...so far my experience has been great!...room was clean, housekeeping is out everyday. My only complaint was that the front desk have way too many friends and family visiting during the day...someone just needs to take them as a group and explain that this is their job, and it's not ok to have sooo many people drop by ..and stay. And if they are going to do it, they should keep it on the sly...way too loud! I think one of them did their laundry..not in the Laundromat, but in the hotel laundry room....the manager needs to get the crew reigned in,, if he did that would make all the difference in the world!

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on 3rd floor...u can hear people walking on other floors!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Carlos - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our location. Still, I am sorry that you were disturbed by other guests at the hotel. Please know, our staff is not allowed and would not bring family to spend the day at our hotel. I apologize if it looked like this was happening; however, our hotel believes in treating all of our guests like family, which is probably why it was so misleading.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at SJM@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or question. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We had to find a place to stay after being asked to leave the house we were renting 2 weeks ahead of what we had planned, and decided that this place would be better than a motel, due to the "fully stocked kitchen" which is far from fully stocked. We have 4 people in our room, and 2 plates, 1 bowl 2 cups. And sparse flatware.
When we came to check in, no one was there, only a note saying the person was at lunch and would be back in 30, after driving 6 hours from so cal, that was an unwelcome sight.
The beds are uncomfortable and bedding thin. I asked if they had thicker blankets and nope, none at all. After being there a week into our 2 week stay, we were supposed to have our housekeeping visit, and nope, I had to go get fresh towels, when I asked for fresh towels, they had none.
The carpet in the hallway was wet for 3 days and smells horrifically of cat urine, very unpleasant smell.
Our neighbors were very loud at all hours of the night, upstairs it sounds like bowling balls were being dropped on our heads at night.
The front desk person had, what I can only think is his girlfriend, there all day with him one day, this is a business, and it was very unprofessional having her there giving guests the stink eye all day.

I will not book another reservation at another extended stay again. I have been completely turned off.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I am very proud and honored to stay here cause the front desk attendant leticia and di wish and the other associates Anna Ana Abraham are very professional and do their job correctly . The MAINTENENCE man Ron fixed the problem in my room very promptly and I appreciate it .

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and our staff, especially Ron our maintenance man. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our first clue the hotel might be a disappointment was walking down the corridor to our room. Almost half of the "rubber" border trim was missing off the floor and it looked as if it might have been in disrepair for awhile. Our room (128) came with a kitchen which we didn't expect or use. The same "rubber" border trim was in the kitchen and it looked as if someone had a spaghetti sauce fight and forgot to clean it up. Hopefully management will read this and terminate the maid who cleans this room. I am sure someone else could use this job.

There doesn't seem to be any insulation between the walls. We could hear neighbors talking late at night and a baby crying several other occasions while we were sleeping. The bed was comfortable enough. The TV was great. The refrigerator in the bedroom seemed to have a fan going out as it was quite loud so my husband unplugged it while we slept. The young man at the front desk was very helpful with dinner suggestions and directions.

Last but not least, we didn't get our wake up call. Good thing it was just a back up plan. We will definitely return to Morgan Hill, but not this hotel, even though we liked the pretty location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your room was not clean and some walls were in need of repair. At this time, our hotel is going through a transition and we are working to correct all of these issues. I will be sure to take note of your comments so we can address them during this time.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sjm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Fairbanks, AK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I can't complain too much about the room itself...it was as clean as a relatively inexpensive room is expected to be. Thankfully, the sheets, bedding and towels were white and smelt like a good amount of bleach, so that was reassuring. Generally, the room was clean, but had minor issues: grout around the bathtub is quite grimy, stains on the curtains, marred paint/texture on the ceiling around the smoke detectors/sprinkler system (clearly, the sprinklers have gone off before), and chips/scapes/crumbs in the kitchen area/cabinets.
The carpet had minor tears, but for the most part, the room is pretty decent.
The biggest downside: customer service is unimpressive (plus, rooms are "cleaned" only once per week) and the walls are so thin I could hear conversations in the room next to me.
It does have some nice amenities (kitchenette with minimal dishware and cutlery),

Ultimately, not the worst place I've stayed in, but it's nothing to get too excited about.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the fresh linens and overall accommodations. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances. I again offer my sincerest apologies that your stay was not 100% satisfactory however do hope that you will come visit us again and let us show you our re-doubled efforts to provide clean, comfortable accommodations at a great value. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Morgan Hill.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was completely unexpected to open the room door for the first time at this Extended Stay to be
wonderfully surprised to the room quality. Clean, in well repair and up to date appliances, furniture and bedding. It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a nice review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Iv been staying at this ESA for about a year and ahalf and got to know very friendly and helpful people who work here, such as: Ana, Ron,Abraham & diwesh. I enjoy staying here and it wouldnt be the same without them.

• Stayed January 2013
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! We will be sure to pass on your thanks and ours to Ana, Ron, Abraham and Diwesh for making your stay the best it could be.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. The Management at Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!