“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Morgan Hill
Fairbanks, AK
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I can't complain too much about the room itself...it was as clean as a relatively inexpensive room is expected to be. Thankfully, the sheets, bedding and towels were white and smelt like a good amount of bleach, so that was reassuring. Generally, the room was clean, but had minor issues: grout around the bathtub is quite grimy, stains on the curtains, marred paint/texture on the ceiling around the smoke detectors/sprinkler system (clearly, the sprinklers have gone off before), and chips/scapes/crumbs in the kitchen area/cabinets.
The carpet had minor tears, but for the most part, the room is pretty decent.
The biggest downside: customer service is unimpressive (plus, rooms are "cleaned" only once per week) and the walls are so thin I could hear conversations in the room next to me.
It does have some nice amenities (kitchenette with minimal dishware and cutlery),

Ultimately, not the worst place I've stayed in, but it's nothing to get too excited about.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the fresh linens and overall accommodations. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances. I again offer my sincerest apologies that your stay was not 100% satisfactory however do hope that you will come visit us again and let us show you our re-doubled efforts to provide clean, comfortable accommodations at a great value. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Morgan Hill.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was completely unexpected to open the room door for the first time at this Extended Stay to be
wonderfully surprised to the room quality. Clean, in well repair and up to date appliances, furniture and bedding. It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a nice review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Iv been staying at this ESA for about a year and ahalf and got to know very friendly and helpful people who work here, such as: Ana, Ron,Abraham & diwesh. I enjoy staying here and it wouldnt be the same without them.

• Stayed January 2013
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! We will be sure to pass on your thanks and ours to Ana, Ron, Abraham and Diwesh for making your stay the best it could be.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. The Management at Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill
Morgan Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

After having been in the hospitality industry since 1997. Also a Travel Agent, I have kind of a mixed review. The staff was great. The late night crew were especially attentive to our needs. From the maintenance guy to house Keeping, but there's one person I want to recognize in particular. Leticia was a person to remember. She went above and beyond during our entire stay. She has what it takes with her communication skills and follow through. Shes in the right business and will go far if she continues to think outside the box.

On the flip side of that coin. The hotels manager Christopher represents the very worst that this hotel has to offer. So much so that upon requesting a late check I was informed quite rudely that I was not only going to receive a late check out but also I had to vacate the premises immediately. I was accuse of vandalizing the bathroom specifically the tub with "permanent marker".

What were actually Crayola Crayons designed specifically for the bath tub and tile. For easy removal with just a single wipe of what had been drawn. I was told it took an extra few minutes of scrubbing time to wipe off my 2 year old sons art work. Considering the fact that for sanitary reasons they would have to wipe the tub and walls anyway in order to be clean I left it up there. I was not aware that having to do their job was such an inconvenience for the house keeping staff. As it was explained to be me, quite rudely by Christopher that that was the reason I am no longer welcome at this location.

One last this Christopher... try making your Grab N Go Breakfast resemble what is advertised on this website. The rotten apples need to be replaced once in a while. try offering bananas and oranges. It makes a difference. Maria Sandoval room 335 108 233 206 etc.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Jose - Morgan Hill. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our front desk staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Letisha was very friendly and helpful during my stay great customer service from her and the rest of the staff however you could put out the coffee earlier for those of us that go to work early am thanks

• Stayed December 2012
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of Extended Stay America Morgan Hill. I am so glad to hear that Leticia and the rest of the staff were so helpful during your stay. We pride ourselves on superior customer service coupled with exceptional value for all our guests, stay after stay. We will also take your comments about earlier coffee service as a suggestion to our corporate office. We are always looking for ways to improve our amenity offerings and take each comment and suggestion to heart. I do hope that you will return to stay with us should your travels bring you back to our area in the future. With Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America Morgan Hill.
Leeds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at this place before.. The room was acceptab;e okay, but the hallways and elevator were dirty.. I don't think they have a vacuum cleaner in the place... I heard several large familes living long lerm, which I found strange...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Mark - I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Let me begin by saying thank you for choosing to stay with us multiple times. I do apologize that this past time we did not meet your expectations.

Our housekeeping staff strives to ensure guest rooms are clean and the property is maintained. They do so by providing service to our guests every 7-days, and in between upon guest request for a minimal fee, as well as after a guest checks out. After this, a Manager will inspect each room guaranteeing it is ready for the next guest to move into. It saddens me to know that we were unable to provide this level of cleanliness for you.

As well, our hotel accommodates both short and long-term guest stays. By providing in-room amentities like the kitchens and cooking utensils, we are able to cater to both types. I am sorry if you were bothered by some guests who were staying with us for a longer stay. Please know that you can always come to one of our staff members, report an issue, and we will try to help resolve it.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

My experience at the extended stay America was pleasant.. The room met my standard and slept comfortable. The room was immaculant; which made it more cozy and relaxing. I would definitely be returning the next trip up here.

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We would like to express our gratitude to you for such a nice review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. We also pride ourselves on our cleanliness, in which every single room is inspected by a manager before a guests arrival to ensure quality standards are in place for your comfort and enjoyment.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!