“Good location for sports center but there were some issues” 3 of 5 stars

Executive Inn Suites Morgan Hill
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16505 Condit Road, Morgan Hill, CA 95037   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Morgan Hill
Redwood City, California
“Good location for sports center but there were some issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed there one night for a soccer tournament. Best location as the soccer fields were across the street. Breakfast was ok as was the cleaniness of the room. Nice small pool.

However, the window could not be locked (on the first floor!). Furthermore, the light in the room went on every few minutes. I was not able to turn it off. When I asked, they told me that I should get the cap off the light switch and move a tiny switch... It worked, but I do still not know why I had to do this and why there is no description on how to do it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Turlock, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

So I booked my reservations through Expedia, and after I booked the room, I read a lot of negative reviews about this place. I was getting pretty anxious to find out what kind of hole I ended up paying for my family to stay in, and when we arrived I was actually pleasantly surprised. We had two queen beds with a couch, a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, a HUGE TV hanging on the wall, and the biggest jetted bathtub I've ever seen. My husband, myself and our 8 month old baby all got in it together. We were really truly enjoying our stay, when the next door neighbors arrived. What happened was that we were placed in a room with a conjoining door, and let me tell you, those doors are SUPER SUPER thin! As soon as they walked in, we could hear every word that they were saying, clear as day, as if they were in our room. Now my husband and I are not people who are sensitive to noise, we realize that when you stay in a hotel/motel people are always coming and going and you will hear noise, but never in my entire life have I been able to hear the neighbors so loudly. Upon immediately entering the room they began to talk about smoking pot. We could tell that there were two women and one man in the room, and one of the women was telling the man that this would be the best stuff he's ever tried. The other woman chirped in and said that she was not prepared for this, and had not shaved, in which the first woman began talking about a hairy bush.. (sorry to be vulgar, but I want to accurately let you know of our experience)...not too many minutes later we began smelling the pot infiltrating our room, while our 8 month old baby was sleeping. This was not okay with me. I could deal with noise, although I did not want to, I could still deal with it, but there was no way I was allowing my family, including my baby to get a contact high. My husband went down to the front office to request a room change right away. As I was waiting for him to come back, I heard the neighbors phone ring, and the man saying, "oh so you are telling me I have neighbors next door who complained?"...then you could hear the women talking and laughing and opening their side of the conjoined door. Meanwhile I'm packing up all of our stuff, waiting for my husband to get back, but worried about his safety as he walks past their room. It turns out that the hotel staff was not originally willing to move us to a new room, but instead wanted to move the pot smoking craigslist casual encounter threesome to a new room. WHAT? So my husband had to argue with the man at the front desk that our room was filled with pot smoke and we had a baby, and we didn't care what type of room we had, we just wanted out of that room. The hotel staffer even had the audacity to say that we should just open our window to air it out. Finally we were re-located to a new room. It did not have a conjoining door and was much quieter. I think that IF you stay here in a room with no conjoined door, and its clean, well maintained and you really don't need to ask for anything from the staff, then you may enjoy your stay. If we had not had the problem with the neighbors next door, we would have had a great stay, however because of that incident and the way that the hotel staff originally handled it, we will not be returning. Also, don't expect anything at all from the morning breakfast, unless you like cold, mushy food. Our 2nd night of our trip we drove about 5-10 minutes down the road and stayed at the Best Western Forest Inn in Gilroy...It was definitely WAY better....do yourself a favor and just go down the road a bit.

Room Tip: Get a room without a conjoined door...also the jacuzzi tub is really nice and relaxing!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We booked a non smoking room. Our room stank cigaret smoke. The clerk desk offered us to put a machine in our room for one hour to remove the odor...didn't work on bed's sheet, curtains, sofa...
Then we found a used tissue and a spoon on the carpet.
Final touch, a NEEDLE was hidden under the mattress.
I called the clerk desk and he came in hour room to remove it.
The carpet was dirty, the shower was clogged, we could hear the neighbor speaking...it was an HORRIBLE night
The hotel was full, they were not able to relocate us.

Room Tip: Find another room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilroy, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hotel is priced right for a jacuzzi room and big TV. It also has a refrigorator and microwave but the microwave turn table was broken. It also has ceramic coffee cups. The heating/AC unit temperature setting dial was also broken, although I was able to get the temp set to a comfortable setting..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

There were many places to choose for this business trip on the same block as the Executive Inn, but I am very pleased I choose this one. I will be back. During my stay they even put in 52" flat screen TV, nice touch. Having free internet was a plus so I could work in the room.

Room Tip: It was my first stay, but I am going back early Febuary and will be staying here again
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I had a very comfortable stay the other week with Executive Inn. Upon arriving I was greeted by the friendly staff whom were able to fill me in on some recommendations for food. The room was large and well maintained, no complaints there. It's always nice to have free Internet, so many of the hotels now don't have that as a standard! Definitely recommend if you are looking for a place to stay in town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Excellent value for money. Clean, large rooms with free wifi and large 50 in TV. My family and I would stay here again because there is a pool and large outdoor grass area to kick around soccer ball.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Executive Inn Suites Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!