“What a burger!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Morgan Hill, California
“What a burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Five Guys hands down the best burger in town!! If you love burgers and want them your way this is the place to go for great burgers your way!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Jose, California
“Great burger and fries in a diner ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I feel kind of silly writing a review for a world famous fast food place but I had a great experience here. I try to eat a very healthy diet so I have never been to Five Guys before. But a 90 minute car repair appointment turned into three hours and I was hungry.

As I approached the counter I was planning to tell the order taker than I was a first timer but he apparently picked up on that and asked if this was my first visit. Once he knew that he did a great of explaining the menu and made me feel very comfortable.

The food came up quickly but was not fast...that's because it was made to order. I had a small bacon cheeseburger and the smallest order of fries and there was way plenty of food. The burger was cooked perfectly, the lettuce, mayo and pickles were perfect complements and the bun was wonderful. The fries has a powerful, delicious potato taste and were plenty hot. I had them with only salt.

I talked to three members of the staff and they were all wonderful. I was especially impressed when a guy wiping down tables made of a point of asking if I needed anything else. I am pretty sure that never happened to me at MickeyD's.

I did not like the looks of the place and the ambiance but this is because I am a geezer and noise florescent lights are part of the past for me.

As much as I love In and Out and Carl's Junior it will be hard for me not to go back to Five Guys.

• Visited July 2013