“Great value near San Jose, at Morgan Hill prices.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Morgan Hill
“Great value near San Jose, at Morgan Hill prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed at the Residence Inn at South San Jose/Morgan Hill for one evening, as a stopover for the long drive back from Norcal to LA, in late March 2013, and found it a fair value.

Our family has stayed at several Residence Inns in the past, as well as other competing brands, and always find the apartment-like accommodations cozy and comfortable. This is a perfect type of lodging for multi-night travelers who want the creature comforts of home, like the fully equipped kitchen. Travelers can really save on meals if they are willing to bring and cook their own meals, or grab some prepared meals, at Trader Joes down the street. I can vouch that this feature is a money-saver. The hotel, too, is centrally located amongst many fast-food restaurants, if you want that as an alternative.

Having said that, the Residence Inn's look, in my opinion, needs to be freshened up to compete with other chains, including Marriott's own stable of brands. I personally loved the design of the new generation of Fairfield Inn's that we've stayed at on a recent trip, for example. Also, a note for light sleepers, the construction of the adjoining walls are on the thin side. I think this is a common construction feature among the Residence Inn brand, if memory serves me right.

One of our rooms was next to an occupied room and we could hear their conversation, and they could arguably hear our TV, that I used to muffle their conversation. Guests opening and closing doors, foot traffic in the hallway, can be heard, too. So, if you're a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room at least one door away from an occupied one.

Besides that, most travelers will find this hotel to be priced well when looking for hotels near San Jose, CA.

• Stayed March 2013
RIMorganHill, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear CI8TCeer,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We realize that our property is ready for a refresh and hope to have one completed soon. I hope that our service and amenities exceeded your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Incline Village, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights for a sporting event and had a nice stay. Room was exceptionally clean and the location was quiet. Two things I value. Denny's, In n Out, Chevron, 5 Guys, Chipolte, Wal Mart, McDonald's, Baskin Robbins and more are withing walking distance.

My only criticism is that carpets, towels, and bedding are nearing the end of their lifespans. Probably time for a bit of freshening up soon. Room price is at the high end for a Residence Inn.

Front desk staff was extremely accommodating and helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RIMorganHill, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Lumpybrowndog,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and also for staying with us! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. As a side note we are in the process of refreshing our linens, which will be completed by the end of June.

Next time you come tot the Morgan Hill area please choose us again and bring you dog, we are pet friendly!

Thanks again for your time and business.
Napa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We spent one night and it served our purposes just fine. Comfortable suite, kitchen was great and location was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included but not too great -at least they had eggs. Front desk helped us with wineries in the area and other maps.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RIMorganHill, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Chutney3,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We know you have many choices in lodging when traveling and appreciate your business. Also, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.
Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our stay there was very enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were spacious and well kept. Nice to have full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and stove top. Breakfast was good and it's conveniently located to the freeway and lots of shopping and restaurants. We did not have any issues at all with parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Spudbuc5,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and also for staying with us! I cannot wait to share your review with the entire team! If your travels bring you back to the Morgan Hill area we hope that you choose us again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

First off, we paid for a room with a fireplace and did not get the room we were promised. When we asked the front desk, the woman who works there said "we just didnt give it to you. What do you need with a fireplace anyways?" Thats not the point, we paid more for it and they "just didnt give it to us." I ALWAYS make it a point to check all the windows to make sure they are locked and to close the blinds. We have a small child who sleeps in a room by herself and always check these things. I left to get food and came back, and the maids were in our room cleaning, despite having a sign that says we have a dog, do not enter. I checked the windows again right after they left and my childs windows were unlocked, halfway open and the screen was popped off the window and pushed into the bushes. I would have noticed this when I checked the first time if the window was wide open when we first got there. I do not know what was going through the maids' minds when they did this, but why else would you do this unless they were making it easier for someone else they know to come in and rob us. There were work computers and personal electronics that I was thinking would be safe in my hotel room while I was gone. Obviously, thats not the case. The manager, Joseph Dunzweiler, of course, played dumb. "Its not part of our protocol to clean the windows." CLEAN THE WINDOWS? THEY WERE PUSHED WIDE OPEN AND LEFT LIKE THAT. Not to mention, they didnt really do any cleaning. They threw our pillows on the floor and left them like that. Didnt make the beds or touch anything else. No clean towels either, so what else were they doing in there???

• Stayed March 2013
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Friendly staff, spacious rooms. Close to the highway...food, coffee, fuel and stores in close proximity..

But the carpet, couch etc are quite old and breakfast is average. I personally don't like my breakfast in plastic plates..may be it is common in the US. Difficult finding a parking place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carson City, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

A typical Residence Inn with friendly staff. I have two key issues with it. When it is busy there is not enough parking. I had to park in the back of the Courtyard next door and it was a bit of a walk. My other concern which is more of an issue is that much of the parking is in the back and with the low light and foliage I don't think it is safe. Not that this a high crime area, it just doesn't make since. I would want my wife back there at night.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!