“Dependable Courtyard Property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Morgan Hill
Triad, NC
“Dependable Courtyard Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've previously stayed here and do prefer this location when in the Gilroy/Morgan Hill area. The rooms are clean. Staff is friendly and knowledgable of local eateries,

I like the location because I can walk to the local In 'N Out Burger located just a minute outside the front door.

Also, i walk for exercise and prefer to do so outside. The area is safe with sidewalks and general good lightling, enen late of early in the day.

Once again, the hotel staff is fantastic.

Room Tip: I always prefer a 2nd or 3rd story room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Juan P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind accolades. We look forward to being of service to you again in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've been traveling to Morgan Hill each week for over a year and have found the Courtyard by Marriott staff to be friendly and helpful every stay. It's not often that the Bistro and Front Desk staff stay in those positions for an extended period of time, and the Courtyard is no exception to this rule. However, with each new staff member guests will experience the same courtesy and level of professional service that the prior staff members provided. The management team at the hotel has done an exceptional job of hiring and training.

I highly recommend the Courtyard whenever your travels take you to South San Jose and Morgan Hill.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face away from the morning sun and provide a level of privacy, even with the shad...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was a very nice convient hotel right off highway 101. It was very clean and the room was very comfortable. They have a nice size indoor pool with a jacuzzi. The staff was helpful with finding restaurants for us and answering any questions that we had. It seemed freshly decorated and the bed was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I paid $132, rounding the nearest dollar. This is clean, comfortable. I had a balcony. The bed was comfortable. The service was great. People were friendly and helpful. I think over all it's a good value. I would have like to pay less, but definitely worth what they charged, based on market value. It's a good deal. I would come here again for sure!!

• Stayed September 2013
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here for one week at the end of July. The hotel is conveniently located off of 101 in an area with decent food options near by if you are there for work. However, once you get past this surface material, this is one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had.

The staff is slow. They don't always stay up at the desk, so sometimes you have to stand around for quite a while to check in, or ask a question. They do what is necessary, but are in no hurry to do so.

Getting to my room took forever because I was on the 3rd floor, there is only one elevator, and it takes forever. Once in my room I immediately noted the worn materials and stained carpet. Each night I was often kept awake by people in neighboring rooms watching TV or talking on the phone. They weren't doing anything extreme, but the walls are so thin you will hear everything going on in every room around you.

To make matters worse, on the third morning, I woke up, went to the bathroom, turned on the light, and found a dead rat in the light fixture. I called down to the front desk and they acted like it was no big deal. They said someone would eventually be up there, but didn't offer to let me change rooms or even apologize. This leads me to believe that the whole hotel is infested and changing rooms wouldn't make a difference.

After bringing this up in communications with the Courtyard brand, i was told customer care would be in touch with me, but no one ever tried to contact me. I guess once they have the money, they aren't interested in talking to you again.

Courtyards are franchises, and most have served me quite well. But I will never return to this location in Morgan Hill again, and will warn everyone i can away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without rats. hopefully they can find you one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Juan P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Please be assured that remarks such as this are taken very seriously! Any shortcoming in safety, health protection or cleanliness is critical. The Morgan Hill Courtyard maintains an aggressive & objective pest prevention program administered by a nationally recognized company. They maintain an ongoing monitoring system to detect & eliminate pests as well as on-site inspection on a regular basis.
The hotel likewise maintains logs to detail any reports of pests in & around the hotel building, and the company responds promptly to any reports filed by the hotel. In reviewing the logs for July, inspections were made on a regular basis. No evidence of a dead rodent was found within any guestroom.
We will continue to strive for the highest standards in cleanliness & safety.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a last-minute reservation because we had to plop down somewhere so I can study and submit my college exam paper by the midnight deadline. Crazy right? Well, it was dire and necessary so....
We were initially assigned to Room 324 but when we arrived there was a personal note written that was left on the nightstand and a washcloth was used and left behind - yuk. We immediately informed the front desk and Denise gave us a new Room right away. She was kind and professional about it.
We were reassigned to Room 316, this room has a balcony, nice touch but no view except for In-&-Out Burger :-) and a car wash.
The toilet and shower/tub is separated by a door from the vanity/sink which is nice but the carpeting under the sink area is not a good idea. I mean carpet in any part of the bathroom area where there's water is a haven for bacteria right? I'm just not a fan of carpeting period (especially near a water source was as kitchens and bathrooms).
It's sort of right off the expressway/freeway so there isn't much around here(I think).
There is a small bistro/bar in the lobby that is open from 6am until 10pm for drinks and appetizers, frozen pizza(that they will cook for you), and sandwiches. The menu says pepperoni pizza but when we asked for mushrooms because we don't eat meat they said they only have pineapple. Huh? We asked for tomatoes instead and they had it. The tomato flatbread was not crispy. The pizza was acceptable for being frozen it wasn't bad.
Breakfast is not free :-(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I regret your initial experience in getting settled in a guest room. Your remarks regarding the food service are being reviewing to see if there are improvements we can make to the content & preparation.
Thanks again for staying with us and the best of luck with your college career!
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

**First time at this hotel. Overall, the stay was nice. Front staff, house cleaning very courteous. The price was outrageous for the facility but the stay was during the Garlic Festival in Gilroy and it was difficult to find lodging.
**My main complaint is the sprinklers! The water is apparently very hard in the city. I found water marks all over the front hood and windshield. I had Windex to clean the windshield and the calcium deposits wouldn't budge! It was horrible! I had great difficulty trying to see through the dense calcium deposits. My new car is less than one month old. The calcium deposits left spots on the hood of my car. Returning home, I've attempted to remove them with a huge amount of manpower. Cleaning the windshield with CLS worked but I'm afraid to touch the new paint job. Not a happy customer at this moment!
**Suggestion to the management: fix and adjust your sprinklers as to not spray customer's cars otherwise offer a free car wash that is adjacent to your hotel location for the huge inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I am sorry for the difficulties you experienced with our sprinkler system. We have spoken with our landscape maintenance company to inspect & correct any sprinkler heads that may spray parked cars in our lots.
I do hope that you will return to Morgan Hill in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Jose South/Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!