“Stay here” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warren, New Jersey, United States
“Stay here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Its really a lovely hotel. Rooms are large, well appointed, clean. The whole property feels new and neat. I gave it 4 stars compared to all hotels ... for the value and against my expectations it is a 6 star.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Hi Rob C.,

I had the pleasure to give you your priority check you in when you were visiting. I hope you were able to take advantage of the evening after social and Sunday brunch with your group. It was truly our pleasure to serve you and your friends.

At your service,
David D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Spent a night on our way to a convention in San Francisco.
The hotel is located just off the 101 highway.
No parking difficulties .
The staff very friendly and professional.
The room was large and clean. A comfortable king size bed.
Breakfast was far above standard .
Great money value.

Stayed April 2013
Hi dvl_eyes,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business and are glad to have been able to take care of you. We have shared your comments with the hotel staff at our all employee meeting.

Take care,
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel after attending a San Jose Sharks hockey game March 2. Very nice hotel located right off the freeway. They have a pool table in the lobby/sitting area.Although we didn't use it, the indoor pool area looked very nice. We were on the 3rd floor away from elevators & ice/soda machines, so it was very quiet. The beds & pillows were perfect which made for a great nights sleep. My son was impressed with the amount of T.V. channels we got. The breakfast buffet was unbelievable! Your choice of juices, coffee, tea, cold cereals, oatmeal, cream of wheat, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast, cinnamon rolls (really good), waffles, biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, & a machine that made pancakes! I think I also saw bagels & english muffins. No one should leave that hotel hungry in the morning! My only complaint would be that the lighting in the bathroom is not good. I like bright light in a bathroom & this was very low light. We will be staying here again when we come up for another Sharks game!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor (3rd) away from elevators/ice/soda machine. Very quiet!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hi Cali51,

I am glad that you chose our hotel for the night of your Sharks game. I am taking a few employees to a game in April, maybe we will see you there, or perhaps the hotel. We appreciate the compliments and hope that you will take advantage of our remodeled indoor pool/Jacuzzi/sauna on your next visit.

Take care,
David D.
P.s. The vending room doors ow remain closed, thank you.
Auberry, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stay regularly at this hotel on business. I made a conplaint to the manager about the internet speed. He informed me that they were upgrading and it should be better. I returned two weeks later and found that the internet speed was better. A couple of nights after my stay I got a personal phone call from the manager inquiring about my internet speed. I was very impressed that he took my problem so serious. I will keep returning to this nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi papamac56,

I remember our conversation regarding the Internet and am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. As you may know we are always striving to do better and with that in mind we have just added 14 wireless A,B,G,N access points for optimal signal strength on any Internet device. We are also increasing bandwidth again for each guest to 3+ dedicated megs.

We really appreciate your continued business. Please let me know anytime we can be of assistance!

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed at the Morgan Hill Holiday Inn Express for a lacrosse tournament at the Morgan Hill Outdoor Sports Complex. The hotel was right down the road and was easy to get to and find from San Francisco and Oakland. The hotel is new so the rooms are very nice and well priced and featured a great hot breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Arcadia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The only reason I picked this hotel on my work trip down to the Gilroy area was because of its ranking. I look for a couple of things as a traveller-service, comfortable bed, working internet. Anyway, I decided to use the remainder of my priority points since I am now a hilton Honors loyalist-big mistake. The internet was intermittent, and the agents at the desk were clueless, as to what to do. I asked for the IT person or manager and they claimed he/she was 'out of town..' Really? Not staying here again. There's a garden inn closer to the freeway that I should have picked.

The good
-Breakfast
The bad
-Noise
-Parking
The ugly
-Internet
-Service

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am sorry to hear about the Internet issues you had during your recent stay. I am pleased to confirm that we have just installed 8 additional wireless N access points that are being configured to specifically to make wireless work with ease regardless of location even when using smart phones and tablets . With our 100 Meg wired/wireless Fiber Internet connection and 24 hour tech support we are confident that your future experiences will be very positive.

We look forward to earning you future patronage, thank you.
San Luis Obispo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The bottom line was I had no working wifi in my room the entire stay. It was ok in the atrium, but I paid for a room and that is where I wanted to be. I have an iPad and iPhone, so the ethernet cable is not an option. The employees were uninterested in "making it right" for me. I was on the phone with tech support (who were very nice) for an hour and a half. Supposedly the hotel was sold out and could not change my room.
During one of my many trips to the desk to try and resolve the wifi issue, my key card stopped working. Back to the desk, the clerk accused me of de-magnetizing it. OK, whether I did or didn't it still doesn't work and can't I just get a new one? I had to bear an interrogation first.
Upon checkout, I was told the manager would call the tech company and see what was going on. Thanks,
The room was clean, the breakfast was decent.
The customer service was poor at best and no wifi in this day and age is unacceptable to me. Especially when you are just south of Silicon Valley.
The Courtyard by Marriott down the street is newer, and even though it was a little more expensive, I will go there next time.

Room Tip: I was in 201 and it was quiet, looks out at a car dealership.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear 3kids2kauai,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for reviewing our property. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Let me also take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced because of the internet connection in your room and for the unsatisfactory service that you received from our front desk personnel. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, thank you and we all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Mia R.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!