“Morgan Hill Holiday Inn handy, location, great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Morgan Hill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Morgan Hill Holiday Inn handy, location, great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed at the Morgan Hill Holiday Inn Express for a lacrosse tournament at the Morgan Hill Outdoor Sports Complex. The hotel was right down the road and was easy to get to and find from San Francisco and Oakland. The hotel is new so the rooms are very nice and well priced and featured a great hot breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Arcadia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The only reason I picked this hotel on my work trip down to the Gilroy area was because of its ranking. I look for a couple of things as a traveller-service, comfortable bed, working internet. Anyway, I decided to use the remainder of my priority points since I am now a hilton Honors loyalist-big mistake. The internet was intermittent, and the agents at the desk were clueless, as to what to do. I asked for the IT person or manager and they claimed he/she was 'out of town..' Really? Not staying here again. There's a garden inn closer to the freeway that I should have picked.

The good
-Breakfast
The bad
-Noise
-Parking
The ugly
-Internet
-Service

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am sorry to hear about the Internet issues you had during your recent stay. I am pleased to confirm that we have just installed 8 additional wireless N access points that are being configured to specifically to make wireless work with ease regardless of location even when using smart phones and tablets . With our 100 Meg wired/wireless Fiber Internet connection and 24 hour tech support we are confident that your future experiences will be very positive.

We look forward to earning you future patronage, thank you.
San Luis Obispo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The bottom line was I had no working wifi in my room the entire stay. It was ok in the atrium, but I paid for a room and that is where I wanted to be. I have an iPad and iPhone, so the ethernet cable is not an option. The employees were uninterested in "making it right" for me. I was on the phone with tech support (who were very nice) for an hour and a half. Supposedly the hotel was sold out and could not change my room.
During one of my many trips to the desk to try and resolve the wifi issue, my key card stopped working. Back to the desk, the clerk accused me of de-magnetizing it. OK, whether I did or didn't it still doesn't work and can't I just get a new one? I had to bear an interrogation first.
Upon checkout, I was told the manager would call the tech company and see what was going on. Thanks,
The room was clean, the breakfast was decent.
The customer service was poor at best and no wifi in this day and age is unacceptable to me. Especially when you are just south of Silicon Valley.
The Courtyard by Marriott down the street is newer, and even though it was a little more expensive, I will go there next time.

Room Tip: I was in 201 and it was quiet, looks out at a car dealership.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear 3kids2kauai,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for reviewing our property. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Let me also take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced because of the internet connection in your room and for the unsatisfactory service that you received from our front desk personnel. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, thank you and we all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Mia R.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

A few days beforehand, our new neighbors told us they would be tenting their house, and we didn't want to be around during the tenting so I booked a room at the Holiday Inn for two nights. It was my husband and I and two toddlers sharing a king bed suite.

The room was a decent size--accommodating all of us, and everything was simple, clean and orderly in the room and bathroom. It was nice to go to a motel that has updated furnishings (modern enough, not your cheap 80's bedspread that never gets washed, etc). The bed was comfortable enough, shower pressure and temperature were great, there were many channels to choose from on the tv, and we didn't have problems with noise in adjoining rooms (although, we were the room WITH the toddlers...). The staff were pleasant and helpful.

Negatives... Breakfast was mediocre--some things better than others. Biscuits were GREAT. "Eggs" were inedible. Do they spray room spray in the rooms before you check-in? Not good at all for people who have sensitivity to smell (or allergies). Whatever I smelled in the room smelled like cheap perfume...so either they spray something or someone before us had some strong perfume. The floors seemed a little sticky in places too. The smell did go away by the next day.

For the class of the Holiday Inn, I would give it 4* and would recommend it for short stays. I think I am close to swearing off motels/hotels with little kids though--my first choice is always vacation rentals, but hard to find good ones nearby and available when you need them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were there for a soccer tournament and we couldn't have asked for anything better. They had a large and very nice atrium area where the girls could meet before and after their games. Only bad thing was, they wouldn't give us a late check out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This Holiday Inn is just great. Super clean, great staff, good breakfast & reception. The room was clean and nice size. Smelled fresh and clean. The front desk girls were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent and they have a evening reception with complimentry snacks and beverages. Way to go!! Wish all Holiday Inns would take notes from this place!! We have been traveling alot and this is one of the best.Thanks for the hospitality!! A+

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I really like this hotel. I'd stayed here once before for business but this time it was for a mini-vacation with a gaggle of small children. The hotel was hosting a wedding party and also a family reunion, so it was a busy weekend for them. Despite the action, they were kind and responsive to our needs, even when we needed our bedding replaced in the middle of the night due to a sick kiddo. The rooms are nice, the beds are pretty firm but with a comfy pillowtop, and everything was clean and in working order. I really love the indoor pool and jacuzzi. The pool was heated to a wonderful lukewarm temperature, perfect for swimming for hours with kids. I watched the staff set up the atrium for a party and coordinate shuttle service to a wedding and they were courteous and helpful to a fault. The only downside was the smell of cattle manure outside at times, but that's hardly controllable and the smell did not make it into the building.

I highly recommend this place if you happen to need a hotel in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Morgan Hill? Share your experiences!