“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Moreno Valley
Albany, New York
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Family members and I arrived late afternoon Friday, Jan 21,2011 as this was the designated ‘family hotel’ for a weekend family gathering. The staff that checked us in was friendly and helpful. Being from the East coast I’ve always enjoyed the architecture of California buildings. This one was no different. We took about 10 rooms and I didn’t hear anybody complain about the hotel. The hotel was nice enough to put us all near each other.
The lobby was clean and so was the room. The rooms were not very big but big enough for 2 people. The only exception was the tiny bathroom. The door barely had room to open completely. It was almost hitting the toilet. We had a microwave and refrigerator in the room which was helpful as we ate out one evening and brought food back.
The grounds looked well kept and the bowling alley next door didn’t really disturb us in the hotel. The breakfast in the morning could have been improved upon, but folks were eating it. Even if the sausage and eggs were rubbery, it’s always good to start the day with juice coffee and fruit, which was available.
There is a pool at this hotel, but the gate was locked and since it was January I really wasn’t too interested in going in for a dip. I would recommend this place to others. It was a good place for the money.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I got into town late and a friend had made the reservation for me. The clerk was very helpful and polite. I think his name was William, but I was tired and just wanted to get to the room.

Once I got there, I was impressed. I typically stay at the Hotel Sierra in Rancho Cordova when I travel for work and hold that as a benchmark. This hotel was in the same league, though quite a bit smaller. The room was average size, but the bathroom was on the small side. I wasn't holding a party in there, so it wasn't an issue. I read another review about the toilet. It was absolutely true. The flush sounded like a rocket taking off and it was over in less than a second. No a big deal, but funny that someone else noticed.

There were several fast food places, taco shops and restaurants close by. Worked out perfect for me. The location isn't the greatest, but I didn't have any problems. I arrived as the bowling alley next door was closing. There were some people in the parking lot who were quite proud of their car audio systems. Other than a little noise, it was a noce place to stay, though I was only there for 10 hours.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Booked this hotel in Moreno Valley with my Priority Points. I was impressed. A room that looked brand new (must be renovated). decent breakfast and very good staff. There are some comments on this site about how great the staff is and I agree. The only downside to this hotel is that it isn't in the best area, but whatever. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

We just came back from a quick trip to SoCal for a funeral. We chose this location for its convenience to where we needed to travel. I was impressed at the outset with the friendly, helpful staff at the desk. We were concerned about traffic noise due to the proximity to the freeway, but they made sure we were in a quiet room. The entire hotel was very clean and updated. The breakfast in the morning was very good and more than you get at most places...and it's hard to beat those Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

After a lengthy drive from Las Vegas we arranged to meet some friends here, they arrived before us and were settled in. First impressions suggested friendlieness by the staff even the staff that didn't have good command of english. When we got to our room which was a smoking room i wasn't impressed by the size however i had just come from a deluxe room so was probably expecting more. I went to the desk and asked if it would be possible to move to a larger room and i would pay the difference, William who was on the desk at the time suggested a few options and i went around to look at the rooms made available. I chose a larger room and offered to pay the difference but William wouldn't hear of it he said ' I would rather you say you had a fantastic time and was able to say so than an ok time and not say anything', he may of even got into trouble for the free upgrade but kept quiet. The rooms were very clean, and breakfast was extensive which was a nice surprise, there was even fresh friut on offer as well as hot food. The swimming pool and hot tub were great but the swimming pool could have been kept cleaner. There was even plenty of space to sunbathe. The staff who worked there are fantastic and couldn't be more helpful and were always smiling which does make a huge difference.
One member of staff stands out the most though and that was William, he did everything in his power to make our stay that bit special and if there are any head hunters out there looking for a protege he's your man. My family and I stayed in 6 hotels during our trip and I didn't even get to know any staff names never mind if they were going to be helpful, so to meet someone like william makes a difference for all the right reasons.
This hotel is a diamond and if i was ever lucky enough to visit this area again i'd stay here for definate.
There's a restaurant just a 100 yards away called Brandon's which is really good - extensive menu that caters for english and if you're adventurous mexican mmm.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I have to say that I was just there this past weekend...and overall our stay was good.
The only main concern was how small our room was. Only one person fit in the restroom, and it was sooo small. The flush of the toilet scared eveyone. The hot water is
Super HOT, and the AC seemed like it was not cool enough. The pool was nice and
warm.. the employees were nice and helpful. Free breakfast was ok.. for Free.
We had a nice night we did not hear anything. If your looking for good Mexican food
you have to try this place..Tijuana Tacos..just walking distance from the pool. They
have the best tacos you will ever taste. Real good authentic tacos. Overall nice
place....super small rooms.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

My son and I arrived without reservation, had no problem getting a great room and a great rate by simply asking. The room was well updated, properly airconditioned. The pool area was clean and the hot tub just right.

I travel extensively for a living and found this spot a welcome visit.

• Liked — Clean, updated, close to highway 60 but not noisey
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Moreno Valley? Share your experiences!