“Wow, I was impressed!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
UNIONTOWN, OH
“Wow, I was impressed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel and I was a little hesitant when I saw the outside of the building because it didn't look like the typical Holiday Inn Express. My worry quicly dissapeared. This is the nicest Holiday Inn Express that I have stayed at in a long time. The room was very large and everything looked new; furniture and carpeting.The room had a flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. Everything was very clean. The bathroom was very small and it would be impossible for 2 people to get ready at the same time. The bathroom looked like it had been recently updated and actually had a marble floor. They have an outside pool which is small, but nobody was using it when I was there despite the temperature being 80 degrees outside. The staff was very nice. I noticed a sign that they charge to print more than 5 pages from their PC in the lobby; I am not sure how strictly this is enforced but it discourages someone from printing a book. This hotel seemed to be popular with the military personnel. The hotel was very reasonably priced and not far from Riverside County Hospital. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I return to Moreno Valley.

Room Tip: Select a room close to the front of the hotel to lessen the noise from the highway located directly...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed for Business (2 Weeks). I had a very early flight in, and arrived at 11:00am. There were no problems. I was checked in immediately. All front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

I had a King / Non-Smoking room. The room was quite large and fresh smelling, with flat screen TV & 30 channels (The Channel Selection isn’t really that good but the basics are there). Carpet was clean, and the bed was fresh and comfortable. Microwave and Fridge. A standard size, well lit, work desk with a single electrical outlet in the lamp. I prefer a few more outlets, but I carry an expander, so it was no problem for me. I had no problems with the Free Internet Connection. Thermostat controlled heat was somewhat quiet, and did the job nicely.

My first floor room in the front of the hotel was very quiet. The Hotel is quite far from the road, so noise shouldn’t be an issue.

Very small bathroom. Shower had good water pressure, and plenty of hot water, with a non slip tub.

Breakfast was good with a nice assortment of hot & cold items. The 6:30am start was a bit tight for me to be at work at 7:00am, but it was on time every morning.

They have a Guest laundry, which was nice for a 2 week stay.

There is a good variety of food near by, and a nice restaurant between the Hotel and Road, Denny’s close by, and a huge variety of shopping within ½ mile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jessup, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Was coming here on business and our staff that works in the area said I would be sorry staying at this hotel. Not sure why they said this as the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, hotel and rooms were nice, clean , no issues with internet access. Was very close to my meetings and I have nothing bad to say about my experience at this hotel. I had a refrigerator and microwave in my room which is always a plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I really enjoyed my 2-night stay at this property. Of course, I think the goal of the HIE brand is to provide a standard experience that is really location independent, but the execution of the HIE staples here was excellent. Breakfast was well presented and maintained. The room was nice with a comfortable bed, excellent air conditioning and fast wifi. Above all though, the staff really set this property apart - everyone I interacted with was polished and extremely friendly. I definitely look forward to returning to this property the next time my travels have me in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kailua Kona, HI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Just off the freeway and easy to get to. No other real businesses nearby. Our greeting was friendly and room was very spacious and clan. Nice tile work and cultured stone bath. Refreshing shower after a long drive. Breakfast area was large and well maintained. Scrambled eggs were not runny and bacon was crisp. I would stay here again. You could hear the freeway noise but not bad.
Ate across the street at the Chicago Pasta House at the recommendation of the motel staff. Read reviews before going and noted one reviewer stating they were charged for a bottle of water. We tried to remember to order "tap" water but forgot and when we asked for water with our meal, was brought two bottles of water, the kind you would get at the store and we were charged $1.25 for each bottle. First time this has happened. We were too shocked to complain. The food was so-so.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

ok for a place to sleep for the night, but carpets are disgusting. They need to be replaced or given a serious cleaning, at the least. They are black, so black that I was afraid to wear socks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Moreno Valley, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear fourofus04,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

A very nice version of the HIE chain. Staff most helpful with requests. I had to leave super early in the mornings and the security guard always personally walked me to my car. Clean, good location, restaurants nearby. Breakfast included. High speed wireless internet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Moreno Valley? Share your experiences!